Go to page:

Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

^ Watched that a few weeks ago. Beautiful movie. Everything comes home.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

Red Joan ( Netflix ) starring Judi Dench and Tom Hughs is really good.

Agreed! And I learned a little bit of history along the way.

Manifest on Netflix

It's a decent watch, fast paced, and similar to LOST in suspense with plenty of substories.

But, be forwarned: NBC canceled it after three seasons, so you may never find out how it ends. Talks in are in progress about reviving it for a fourth to finish it up, but it's not looking promising.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Agreed! And I learned a little bit of history along the way.

Manifest on Netflix

It's a decent watch, fast paced, and similar to LOST in suspense with plenty of substories.

But, be forwarned: NBC canceled it after three seasons, so you may never find out how it ends. Talks in are in progress about reviving it for a fourth to finish it up, but it's not looking promising.

Nope. This is why I hate to get involved with Netflix series. They blow in that regard. Too much left hanging. It's like reading an unfinished novel!

On the other hand, Modern Love on Prime is a great watch. I haven't seen it mentioned here. It's a weekly column, a book, a podcast — and now, in its 17th year, a television show — about relationships, feelings, betrayals and revelations. The series is inspired by The New York Times’ weekly column of the same name. Each episode is derived from the personal essays written by various people, but the show takes artistic liberties.

So no matter if they cancel the series, each segment of each season has its own beginning and end, so no loss there.

Also, Tales of the City on Netflix is fucking fantastic. It's a ten-episode season  based on the books by Armistead Maupin, which is based around the lives of the residents of a boarding house in San Francisco. The original stories featured a raft of LGBTI characters and straight, rainbow warriors.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Nope. This is why I hate to get involved with Netflix series. They blow in that regard. Too much left hanging. It's like reading an unfinished novel!

On the other hand, Modern Love on Prime is a great watch. I haven't seen it mentioned here. It's a weekly column, a book, a podcast — and now, in its 17th year, a television show — about relationships, feelings, betrayals and revelations. The series is inspired by The New York Times’ weekly column of the same name. Each episode is derived from the personal essays written by various people, but the show takes artistic liberties.

So no matter if they cancel the series, each segment of each season has its own beginning and end, so no loss there.

Also, Tales of the City on Netflix is fucking fantastic. It's a ten-episode season  based on the books by Armistead Maupin, which is based around the lives of the residents of a boarding house in San Francisco. The original stories featured a raft of LGBTI characters and straight, rainbow warriors.

Usually I'll research a series to see if it was canceled or not, but this time I didn't bother until I was 10 episodes in LOL!

I'll give Tales a shot.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tales is TERRIFIC! But so is modern love, which covers all aspects of love.

I watched Ladies in Lavender last night. I think it was on prime. You can't go wrong with Judi Dench and Margaret Smith! I hope I'm that active when I'm that age!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

'Capturing the Light' on Prime!  It's a true story of Dorothy Izatt, an alien contactee, who has accumulated over 30,000 feet of film footage backing her claim. It's chilling in an absolutely thrilling way!  Some of the images are remarkable! And the ending is phenomenal when her daughter is being interviewed! Loved it and am beginning to experience similarities.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:'Capturing the Light' on Prime!  It's a true story of Dorothy Izatt, an alien contactee, who has accumulated over 30,000 feet of film footage backing her claim. It's chilling in an absolutely thrilling way!  Some of the images are remarkable! And the ending is phenomenal when her daughter is being interviewed! Loved it and am beginning to experience similarities.

Oooh! I'm game for that! Documentation makes a huge difference in validating the phenomena. Not that I need to see to believe; I have for a long time now.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OMG!

Sweet Girl on Netflix starring Jason Mamoa & Isabella Merced. Not many movies get past me on surprise twist-endings, but this one did. I am a bit surprised by the very low reviews.

Of course I enjoy movies that aren't much liked by mainstream.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:OMG!

Sweet Girl on Netflix starring Jason Mamoa & Isabella Merced. Not many movies get past me on surprise twist-endings, but this one did. I am a bit surprised by the very low reviews.

Of course I enjoy movies that aren't much liked by mainstream.

Challenge accepted. I'll give it a watch this weekend.

I finally got around to watching The Devil All The Time. Bleh. Pulp Fiction without the pulp fiction.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Challenge accepted. I'll give it a watch this weekend.

I finally got around to watching The Devil All The Time. Bleh. Pulp Fiction without the pulp fiction.

The grandprecious wanted to watch it because of "Aquaman"! LOL! I'm glad we did! The twist actually shocked me. I loved that!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind on Prime, I believe.

"False disclosure is happening right now. The actual disclosure we did already." - Dr. Steven Greer

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind on Prime, I believe.

"False disclosure is happening right now. The actual disclosure we did already." - Dr. Steven Greer

Wait ... what happened to the Fourth Kind????

Actually, it's playing on Netflx right now! LOL

The Fourth Kind 2009 starring Milla Jovovich.

Go to page:
Go to: