Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:
HAMPSTEAD on Netflix: Just, UGH

LOL! Yeah, subtract the "based on true events" aspect and you're left with a train wreck.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:

LOL! Yeah, subtract the "based on true events" aspect and you're left with a train wreck.

I was shocked it was so bad, actually. I thought Diane Keaton would've acted much better. She was like a green novice.

Red Joan ( Netflix ) starring Judi Dench and Tom Hughs is really good.

Ruby_sunday
Georgia
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 27th July 2021
Forum Posts: 10

Hello all, new member here!

I recommend "The Number 23". It's a thriller, quite dark and twisty. It is one of my favorite films. :)

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1852

Ruby_sunday said:Hello all, new member here!

I recommend "The Number 23". It's a thriller, quite dark and twisty. It is one of my favorite films. :)

With jim carey . Yes a very good movie

Ruby_sunday
Georgia
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 27th July 2021
Forum Posts: 10

That's the one! I own the DVD, it has the uncut version which is great.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

State of Play on Netflix

If you're into political thrillers, this should do you. It's chock full of big names like Ben Afleck, Helen Mirren, and Russel Crowe.

Polar on Netflix

Starring Mads Mikkelsen, but only if you are into ridiculous assassin movies.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

The Mountain Beteween Us on Hulu

If you are into plane crash survival in the wilderness scenarios, give this a go. Or you just want to chill out to a movie with a fuckton of snow in it during a heat wave. Starring Kate Winslet and Idris Elba.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

^ I'll have to check that out this weekend.

The English Game on Netflix was enjoyable.

Also The Last Dance - the story of Micheal Jordan & the Bulls history in the 80s - 90s. The dedication, the visualization, the commitment, but most importantly was the connection of every part of that team which made them so spectacular.

The way MJ could fly and do what he did, in my mind; he tapped into a part of his brain that we all hold but rarely tap into, that power

The coach, Phil Jackson that brought Native American & Buddhism teachings into practice. He taught them to practice “oneness”

To Scottie Pippen & Dennis Rodman - each expressing themselves made this powerhouse team.

This was why they were & did nothing that anyone had up into that time.

And to this day, there has been no one more famous than MJ - and I don’t think there ever will be - at least not in my lifetime.

Also noted while watching - the 90s was the best period of time in basketball. And I am so glad I got to experience it with my teenage son, who loved Carolina  Tarheels and MJ.

"Be Like Mike".

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ 90s Chicago Bulls were like the 80s Chicago Bears - most of the players and coaches were larger than life personalities all coming together in one unstoppable force. Neither team has come close to being the same since.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:^ 90s Chicago Bulls were like the 80s Chicago Bears - most of the players and coaches were larger than life personalities all coming together in one unstoppable force. Neither team has come close to being the same since.

I remember the CB's ruling then. That decade was an intro into football for my children. They grew to love the sport.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Bill And Ted Face The Music on Hulu

You know you want to see Keenu Reeves play dufus again.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

The Vault on Netflix

If you enjoy convoluted impossible bank heist movies like Ocean's Eleven, this will do you fine. Starring Freddie Highmore.

Kinkpoet
Tyrant of Words
United States 11awards
Joined 9th May 2019
Forum Posts: 1029

I love Dylnan Thomas's poetry.

I also love his sense of humor.

https://youtu.be/gyavcLn2_uo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

The Shape of Water on Hulu

A modern, romantic spin on The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Richard Jenkins puts in a phenomenal performance.

I have to watch this again, as there's a lot more going on in the background especially being told through the character of Strickland, the overzealous goverment agent. This isn't just a movie about a human woman and an amphibious man falling in Love. It's about breaking free from lifestyles we buy into and their routines we accept as the norm.

This is a movie in which the director, Guillermo del Toro, is making a concerted concious effort at making a statement through symbolism rather than the usual unconcious spilling of beliefs through a superficial storyline.

Go to page:
Go to: