mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 25th July 2020
Forum Posts: 924

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZXptGpXng

the world's longest death scene...Not gory, just for giggles.

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
DjRicky
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 968

^ Laughed even more, when he shot the floor lol.

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 25th July 2020

Yeah, It's a gem. Taking him forever to die mister Rasputin lol. Cool you found it funny too.

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 25th July 2020

Later. Heading out.

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 25th July 2020

I don't even think it's in slow motion.

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
DjRicky
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 968

Probably isn’t.
The moon landing videos are funny, when put at the actual speed. Never knew you could move that fast on the Moon.
But I’m going off subject. That’s for another thread.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Last night I watched the movie "The Devil all the time" on Netflix which I first heard about it on twitter, it was trending 2 days ago and everyone was talking about it.  
The acting, some of the best I'd seen in a long long time and the theme...completely captures the deep south with its religious influence, the economic and social struggles, the language, the lifestyle of 50's, 60's and the utter hopelessness and confinement of ideas, hopes and dreams suppressed and oppressed.

It's really well produced, directed and acted and the narration delivers that added touch in showing that sometimes lives are doomed from birth, no matter how hard they try.

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 25th July 2020

I deleted black shampoo.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2828

I really hope that Netflix tanks they deserve everything that is coming to them to support a movie that promotes the sexualization of children should not even be allowed. This is not cancel culture which is a term for de-platforming and silencing the voices of political dissent.

the sexualization of children is never OK. I am sure that paedophiles will give this movie a standing ovation who want s to join them?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

Layla said:Last night I watched the movie "The Devil all the time" on Netflix which I first heard about it on twitter, it was trending 2 days ago and everyone was talking about it.  
The acting, some of the best I'd seen in a long long time and the theme...completely captures the deep south with its religious influence, the economic and social struggles, the language, the lifestyle of 50's, 60's and the utter hopelessness and confinement of ideas, hopes and dreams suppressed and oppressed.

It's really well produced, directed and acted and the narration delivers that added touch in showing that sometimes lives are doomed from birth, no matter how hard they try.

Yep. A good one truly reflective of the south, which, speaking from experience, is a totally different world unto itself.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3314

Ahavati said:

Yep. A good one truly reflective of the south, which, speaking from experience, is a totally different world unto itself.

It will be interesting to see Bill Skarsgård as something other than a monster sucking the life out of people.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

JohnnyBlaze said:

It will be interesting to see Bill Skarsgård as something other than a monster sucking the life out of people.

LOL!

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 117

Rectify is the finest show I have ever seen. It is nuanced with dimensions of subtle depth, through and through, every second of it. The culmination of a lifelong effort in building a Hollywood career for Ray McKinnon, it is his magnum opus. I was part of an online discussion group and one of the producers wrote me privately to say my reaction to the show was what they were hoping for. I was sent some lovely memorabilia: a coffee mug, a book of beautiful photography from set.

Room 217 is a documentary that takes you into the brilliantly exquisite filmmaking of my favorite director of all time, Stanley Kubrick. So often in life, we fail to see the forest for the trees. Like Rectify in this regard, every aspect of a Kubrick film is purposeful.

Cloud Atlas is a movie that has a soulful quality that is distinct, I think. As well as What Dreams May Come, which has perhaps gained in poignancy, when you consider the sad fate of the beautiful spirit, Robin Williams. I met him briefly when I was very young. They were filming Moscow on the Hudson in my home town. They had rented houses for production, on the waterfront, close to my home. I was curious about the big hullaballoo, but the alleyway between the houses was quite narrow and I could not pedal my tricycle. So I stood up in the seat, walked in a rather crablike posture a few steps, and then plopped down with a bang. Unbeknownst to me, they were filming at that moment. It was a low budget picture and film is expensive, so production crew came running and scooped me up. I was taken back to the set and allowed to watch. I was introduced to Robin. I remember his eyes and smile were so bright. He had a warmth I have seldom encountered since.

Bluevelvete
Bluevelvete
Fire of Insight
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 299

Room 217!!
An absolute MUST for any Kubrick fan!!
Yess, great choice!
I might have to change my profile pic now....

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 25th July 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSZoCaL7HIo

Ending of death proof. Love Tarantino

Go to page:
Go to: