Go to page:

Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1164

When a movie fascinates me, especially when its low key, unknown and has mixed reviews (mostly because people expect nicely folded endings) I tend to watch certain scenes few times to grasp the hidden meanings, objects placed discreetly, a smirk, a smile, twitch of an eye.

That movie is called "Partisan" on amazon prime.

There's great deal of mystery in the movie, such as the location it takes place, post war? atmosphere, apocalyptic air to it, people are in poverty but we don't know why, homes seemed abandoned in economically depressed neighborhoods and again, it doesn't explain why or how and that's the beauty of this movie which leaves us wondering about many things.

It's basically about a man who builds a commune sheltering women with kids who come from abusive relationships or widows with children and he builds a family atmosphere for them..for himself.. but how does he support them financially?
He raises these kids to become assassins.

It's a beautiful film, the cinemetagropher is amazing in this movie capturing the color, the angles and the emotions on their faces.  I kept thinking that i had seen the lead actor Vincent Kessel in some other movie, turns out he played the dance choreographer in the movie 'Black Swan' with natalie portman.

It's almost poetic seeing the peeled paint on the walls, broken china, a statue in the middle of their courtyard, clothes hung to dry, chickens in coops, makeshift classroom.
A very different film...nothing extraordinary happens..except for couple of kids who realize this is not what they want.

dkzksaxxas_DanielX
dkzksaxxas_DanielX
DadaDoggyDannyKozakSaxfn
Tyrant of Words
United States
31awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 142

REACHING FOR THE MOON ---amazon prime
Based on a period ('50-'67) in poet Elizabeth Bishop's life.
Nicely done.

(But it ain't no RAMBO )

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 25th July 2020
Forum Posts: 31

The Holy Mountain

mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 25th July 2020
Forum Posts: 31

watching the man who fell to earth right now.

Go to page:
Go to: