Go to page:

Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Strangeways_Rob said:Fleabag is a great shout.
Contemporary UK series:
Killing Eve
Peaky Binders
The Fall
Black Mirror
This is England

Films for a wet Monday afternoon:
Brighton Rock (1948)
Kes
Elephant Man

Rob, where are the UK series available?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Layla said:

Lol, this week its been challenging but for the most part of the month i did watch fair amount of shows and movies across the board.

I look forward to relaxing in May and catching up with a ton of movie laziness!

Now I know where to look. I've seen many recommendations; however, a few I wasn't aware of.

poet Anonymous

Layla said:

Yes its the new popular show on netflix that's all over social media discussions.  I watched the first episode and honestly i was conflicted because what he did and what the woman did weren't all that different as far as keeping animals in cages, they both charged money for people to see them sort of advertising themselves just a tad differently.  But i do need to watch the rest of it to have a better perspective, obviously.

Oh god yes, watch it all. It gets bat shit crazy

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Miss_Sub said:

Oh god yes, watch it all. It gets bat shit crazy

It was that redneck hillbilly talk/mentality that just irked me lol, but i'm off tomorrow so i'll be able to watch it :)

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Layla said:

It was that redneck hillbilly talk/mentality that just irked me lol, but i'm off tomorrow so i'll be able to watch it :)

Hey, watch it. .. I represent that remark. ..

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

Fleabag.. for sure sometime this week i'll be watching.

If anyone has Hulu, a must watch is the oscar winner of last year's  "Parasite" a korean movie.
Amazing story, its simplicity of no frills, no epics yet the way the story is presented and told, just blows the mind.  And what the director said during one of his acceptance speeches was (paraphrasing), Tear that wall of subtitles and you will  discover fantastic foriegn movies.  So true.

I did watch few epidoes of Ahavati recommendation of korean show called, Crash landing on you on Netflix,   its a comedy romance type of show.  
I was fascinated on their heightened expression reminding me just a toned down version of telenovellas, the modest version i suppose lol
but to peek into a culture with their history of north and south and the differences was enlightening.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

calamitygin said:

Hey, watch it. .. I represent that remark. ..

oopsy lol

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Layla said:Fleabag.. for sure sometime this week i'll be watching.

If anyone has Hulu, a must watch is the oscar winner of last year's  "Parasite" a korean movie. Amazing story, its simplicity of no frills, no epics yet the way the story is presented and told, just blows the mind.  And what the director said during one of his acceptance speeches was (paraphrasing), Tear that wall of subtitles and you will  discover fantastic foriegn movies.  So true.

Did you say Korean?!

I did watch few epidoes of Ahavati recommendation of korean show called, Crash landing on you on Netflix,   its a comedy romance type of show.  
I was fascinated on their heightened expression reminding me just a toned down version of telenovellas, the modest version i suppose lol
but to peek into a culture with their history of north and south and the differences was enlightening.

It's really a good one if you can make it through the subtitles.  

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Layla said:

oopsy lol

Lol. Sokay. Layla,  he does not represent my kind in any way shape or form. I can not stand the show personally and was irked the same way.

He (the tiger king) is a rare breed Redneck....okie I think.

My hillbilly is Ozark, Missouri Arkansas border, and you should hear my vernacular slide when I cross that state line.

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Parasite was fantastic

Jo Jo rabbit is amazing too

poet Anonymous

Layla said:

Oh but after episode 1 it goes mad! There’s crime and murder and debauchery and sadness. You won’t be disappointed lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Thanks Socks, I will definitely check it out.

Last night i finished watching "Bohemian Rhapsody" on amazonprime for free.  I highly recommend it.  Fantastic movie on the band Queen and its lead singer Freddy Mercury.  The actor playing him did an amazing job.

Another one i started watching (then fell asleep midway, story of my life lol)
on Amazonprime a movie called "Anna" its about a russian killer.  I was immediately drawn to the character and the story.  I will finish watching it tonight and i will come back to drop in a review.

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

The Pianist  (Amazon)

This flick is gathering a bit of age now
But is done very well.
Quiet and intimate for long stretches, yet not boring.
Set in WWII,
which that time period has been shoved down our throats
this last bulk of yrs....it is done very well if You have any interest to the subject.
A revered Jewish musician who worked a radio station.

I'm actually a fan of the main actor across many of his films
Adrien Brody  
(Darjeeling limited, Grand Budapest ..... great subtle humor, director Writer -greatness of other sa
me styled flicks-look them up)

But yeah...can't say enough of that Actor

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Ooooh...i binge watched Unorthadox!
So fruggin gooood.
But only one season

Go to page: