Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 41

Itís the will of God or the behest of Dog, we are only here for a while...
Are we computer sims or divinityís whims? We are only here for a while...
We can shout and scream, or live the dream ... weíll all be dead .. in a while

This is underground poetry not politics... make the most of the while ... and shut the fuck up ...🤣🤣🤣🤣

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2569

Fidofood said:Itís the will of God or the behest of Dog, we are only here for a while...
Are we computer sims or divinityís whims? We are only here for a while...
We can shout and scream, or live the dream ... weíll all be dead .. in a while

This is underground poetry not politics... make the most of the while ... and shut the fuck up ...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some of us are capable of writing poetry and discussing the Covid 19 pandemic. It's all good for us.

Can't help it if a couple of others want to use it as a platform to rip on a country they don't even live in and experience daily.

I hear North Korea government and media is huge on manipulating its masses and I have not heard one word about their toilet paper situation.  Perhaps they have a poetry forum we can register in and fight the good fight against their tyranny.

Or we could travel there and toilet paper Kim's house or any other evil billionaires they might have in protest of their Covid response.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1566

What toilet paper situation , Johnny ?

( lot of shit ? )

Lived in Southern and Northern California during this time...never had a word ,
or problem , getting toilet paper...however , had plenty of bullshit about Corona Virus...

Hell ,. I am 65 , going to be 66...not a sign , and I have not been hiding in my house(s)...

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Itís the end of the western world as we know it.... the rest of the world has been fucked for decades but anyone who lives in the Good Ole USA .. hasnít got a fuckin clue...

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Fidofood said:Itís the end of the western world as we know it.... the rest of the world has been fucked for decades but anyone who lives in the Good Ole USA .. hasnít got a fuckin clue...

We'll survive Covid 19 and we'll survive Trump.

* waves from across the Pond *

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5925

JohnnyBlaze said:

Some of us are capable of writing poetry and discussing the Covid 19 pandemic. It's all good for us.

Especially in a General chat forum for discussions not related to poetry or writing.

Anyway, back on topic, church, two issues: 1) opening; and, 2)  singing. This is a very nice, non-political article interviewing a few pastors from Russellville, KY, and how they have chosen to proceed, and why.  

https://newsdemocratleader.com/Content/Default/Homepage-Story-Rotator/Article/Local-churches-weigh-worship-decisions/-3/8/5601

Regardless of whether the governor mandates the opening of churches, it's ultimately up to the pastors/rabbis/priests/et al to outline the worship services, if they elect to conduct services at all.  Many are continuing with the televised services because they feel they have an obligation to their congregation and community to put safety first.  

I was a former missionary, I know this language.  Worship for many is an essential part of their day, and I understand that; however, many want to take this personally and paint this a war on Christianity.  

It's not.

No one is preventing you from singing in your own home, shower, shit house, or yard. No one is preventing you from worshipping in your own home, shower, shit house, or yard.  And some pastors aren't preventing you from singing at church.  Perhaps those who are upset by this need to talk to their pastor/rabbi/priest/et al first. Get their take on it, what they've opted to do and why they think it's best for their congregation and community. If it's something you disagree with, then sing; sing out loud; sing to the window to the window to the wall, to the wall, 'til sweat drips down your balls.

Because no one is preventing you from singing, or praying, or worshipping. This isn't about you personally; God knows your heart and abides by that.

It will all be okay. Hopefully we're on the downswing of this. NC reopened everything ( but schools ) yesterday at 50% capacity ( for restaurants, salons, etc.).  Everything else is pretty much business as usual.

Perhaps in two weeks it will be 100%.  How did we do it? We locked down hard and fast to level the curve and give our hospitals a chance to prepare.  

God knows how many lives we saved.

Will the cases rise now that we're reopening? Time will tell; however, at least our hospitals are fully prepared for a breakout.  And that was the goal, to flatten the curve enough to get ahead of it.  Or better yet, annihilate it as NZ did.

Only time will tell.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Anyway, back on topic, church, two issues: 1) opening; and, 2)  singing. This is a very nice, non-political article interviewing a few pastors from Russellville, KY, and how they have chosen to proceed, and why.  

https://newsdemocratleader.com/Content/Default/Homepage-Story-Rotator/Article/Local-churches-weigh-worship-decisions/-3/8/5601

Regardless of whether the governor mandates the opening of churches, it's ultimately up to the pastors/rabbis/priests/et al to outline the worship services, if they elect to conduct services at all.  Many are continuing with the televised services because they feel they have an obligation to their congregation and community to put safety first.  

I was a former missionary, I know this language.  Worship for many is an essential part of their day, and I understand that; however, many want to take this personally and paint this a war on Christianity.  

It's not.

No one is preventing you from singing in your own home, shower, shit house, or yard. No one is preventing you from worshipping in your own home, shower, shit house, or yard.  And some pastors aren't preventing you from singing at church.  Perhaps those who are upset by this need to talk to their pastor/rabbi/priest/et al first. Get their take on it, what they've opted to do and why they think it's best for their congregation and community. If it's something you disagree with, then sing; sing out loud; sing to the window to the window to the wall, to the wall, 'til sweat drips down your balls.

Because no one is preventing you from singing, or praying, or worshipping. This isn't about you personally; God knows your heart and abides by that.

It will all be okay. Hopefully we're on the downswing of this. NC reopened everything ( but schools ) yesterday at 50% capacity ( for restaurants, salons, etc.).  Everything else is pretty much business as usual.

Perhaps in two weeks it will be 100%.  How did we do it? We locked down hard and fast to level the curve and give our hospitals a chance to prepare.  

God knows how many lives we saved.

Will the cases rise now that we're reopening? Time will tell; however, at least our hospitals are fully prepared for a breakout.  And that was the goal, to flatten the curve enough to get ahead of it.  Or better yet, annihilate it as NZ did.

Only time will tell.

While the article and this entire editorial was illuminating, the bold part really made my day.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

While the article and this entire editorial was illuminating, the bold part really made my day.

I have absolutely NO idea why I thought of Sandra Bullock when I was writing that; trying to inject some humour I 'spose.

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Born from the rape of their mother .... Iím so bored with the USA... tsunami from across the pond

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Someone's HANGRY!

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Never angry but often despair, the infant nation is in need of home care..
No taxation without representation, now itís no patience without masturbation

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Is that clip your next presidential candidate? He looks more intelligent than the last three you elected

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Fidofood said:Is that clip your next presidential candidate? He looks more intelligent than the last three you elected

Could be! It kinda favors both him and Johnson!

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Not wrong there ... 🐖

Go to page:
Go to: