Go to page:

Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

How a 'coronavirus hairstyle' is helping raise awareness in east Africa

The coronavirus has revived a hairstyle in east Africa, one with braided spikes that echo the virus’s distinctive shape.

The style’s growing popularity is in part due to economic hardships linked to virus restrictions – it is cheap, parents say – and to the goal of spreading awareness about the coronavirus.

[ . . . ]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/11/coronavirus-hairstyle-east-africa-virus-kenya?fbclid=IwAR2aZzqnB2M9A9d_lyE6BoAxsUpNETWvs5Ii_m3s7mUak93YwSG-YlMys0I

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:How a 'coronavirus hairstyle' is helping raise awareness in east Africa

The coronavirus has revived a hairstyle in east Africa, one with braided spikes that echo the virus’s distinctive shape.

The style’s growing popularity is in part due to economic hardships linked to virus restrictions – it is cheap, parents say – and to the goal of spreading awareness about the coronavirus.

[ . . . ]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/11/coronavirus-hairstyle-east-africa-virus-kenya?fbclid=IwAR2aZzqnB2M9A9d_lyE6BoAxsUpNETWvs5Ii_m3s7mUak93YwSG-YlMys0I

Their kids always seem to have the cutest heads! Now with added adorable.

🙏🥰

The masks, though... 😂

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

Same old story. Excellent? It's cherry-picking. Plain and simple.  

I'm beginning to suspect people around here won't admit to having some kind of sub / dom school teacher fetish and enjoy being educated. It would explain the endless picking of the cherries that always backfires.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

A vaccine is killed virus or bacteria or parasite particles.    
These are injected  or pricked onto your skin.  
Your white  blood cells,
which float around, along with red blood cells,  
in your blood,  
They  feel on them,  decide they are  
not-from-your-own-body stuff,
flick the fire alarm.  
Somewow, the white blood cells figure out
how to make antibodies, that are like 'sticky flags'.    

They stick to the molecular surface shapes of the foreign stuff.  
The antibodies are shaped like a flag man at the airport directing planes.  
The two flag arms wave into space.  They have a special shape on these arms, that will match the shape, like a lock and a key fit, latch onto the invader's specially shaped surface.  The 'feet' of the antibody sticks out, and are made to stick onto white blood cells
The flags say EAT ME.    
When fellow white blood cells float by,  

The  flagman's feet stick to the white blood cells  
floating by in your bloodstream,  
and they go to town gobbling up the foreign flagged stuff.  

Now if you get sick naturally,  
with real live living stuff that is invading your body,  
you will have to suffer a couple, three weeks  
while the white blood cells go into attack mode,  
hunker down in the war room,  
figuring out how to make flags that will
stick to the unique surface shapes of the invaders.    

Unfortunately, in order to kill the invaders,  
sometimes the flags stick to the body's own tissues,  
like finger joints , thus causing arthritis, but i digress.  

Vaccines are USELESS if you already are layed low by the virus.    
Your body is already has a boat load of
invading foreign material from the Actual invader,
to feel over and figure out how to fight it.  

It does not need an injection of some dead invader to feel on.  
Your immune systime is already a workin on it, by the time you is infected.    
It already got the real sh't to study.    

Which brings us to a eureka moment
lets just make antibodies, (the flags, the flags)    

Lets just make working antibodies and
inject them into the sick person.    
Lets just skip waiting for our body's immune
system to come up with antibodies,  

just inject some antibodies, which will immediately, within seconds after injecting, get you high as hell,  oops,  um, I mean,  
no within seconds, the already made antibodies
will start sticking to the invaders,  

like those black balls sticking to
the hero in the Incredibles movie.    
Now our white blood cell soldiers can march around,  
bump into the injected antibodies that have
stuck themselves to our body's invaders,  
and the White blood cell soldiers summarily
do their nasty business of dispatching the invader.    
murder she wrote.  

Now where in Carmen San Diego are you going to
find this perfect antibody,  
to replicate, bottle up and sell to hostiples?      

They get it from recovered COVID patients,
who's body  has already figured out the antibody
to stick to the Coronavirus invader.  
best cutting edge antibody,  

In fact they held an Antibody beauty contest.
They sucked the blood from  a whole bunch of recovered people,
Separated out the antibodies, and put some virus in a petri dish,
To watch which antibodies  stick the best.
 Pick Me! Pick Me! I stick.  
there were 1Billion Antibodies that tried out.
100 made the cut to be on the show.
12 finalists
3 winners

they picked the best antibodies,
floating around in a recovered person's blood,  

(Antibodies just patrolling, just yearning to latch on to any new Coronavirus that gets breathed in.. You wanna piece of me, Come on, bring it on brotha, what , bringin' a cronoavirus to an antibody fight, not a chance.)

So there you have it, folks, Monday's cure for the Coronavirus:
Pre-made Antibodies, And
I owe the credit to their creators.  

https://www.biospace.com/article/sorrento-ids-antibody-against-covid-19-that-appears-100-percent-effective/

https://www.biospace.com/article/sorrento-ids-antibody-against-covid-19-that-appears-100-percent-effective/

poet Anonymous

https://youtu.be/sHBBOcHXojI

Not pleasant viewing.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Strangeways_Rob said:https://youtu.be/sHBBOcHXojI

Not pleasant viewing.

That tears my nerves up, Rob. The suffering is palpable.

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm beginning to suspect people around here won't admit to having some kind of sub / dom school teacher fetish and enjoy being educated. It would explain the endless picking of the cherries that always backfires.

LOL! It's a time-old trick that began undoubtedly with the bible to enforce a pov.  Okay, probably not—most likely much earlier. . .but you get the point.  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

Without exemption, we ALL have opinion holsters... 🤠

Meanwhile, I’m wading through an infowar to do more than a cadaver dog.⛑
Poking fun will only get return volleys.

That tears my nerves up, Rob. The suffering is palpable.

I hope the loss of 40% of our industry and the lives that go with them tear your nerves up as well. Letting mothers go to work to feed their own, whether they kill rats and chickens at market is their ethical choice.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

An excellent message:

While the politicians and the religious leaders of the day play games with lawsuits and executive orders people are hungry, lost, confused, hurting, angry and even dying. Jesus said "Whatever you do unto the least of these you have done unto me".

In his day he called those more interested in scoring points instead of saving lives as pharisees and sadducees. And his harsh words to the individuals more interested in the building of the Earthly kingdom instead of the Heavenly one was not very pleasant either. "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness".

I understand a couple months not meeting in the Church building is a sacrifice. It is an inconvenience. It does present hardship and perhaps it is even unfair and maybe even an overreach of power. But all the time, money and effort spent to fight against an order that is wrapping up could have been spent helping those that we have been called to minister to.

What is the witness we are spreading? Is it one of reaching out to the least of these? Is it one of meeting the wounded on the streets and in the dark places where they live? Or is it one of sowing seeds of discord, division and confusion? Are the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees getting more of our attention than the least of these who are literally seeking a way out of the darkness?

Yes, the Church building is needed and they are a vital part of any religious organization. But what is sacred is not so much the building, but the message of the Gospel. Jesus told his followers to GO! "Go ye therefore into all the world". He did not say stay in your pew. Perhaps the couple months of not being able to meet could have been used to demonstrate the awesome power of the Church to Go...Go into the streets and see how the lost and dying are really living. Volunteer in the shelters and the Salvation Army, deliver meals to the elderly, make masks and deliver them to shut ins, provide social media programs that bring hope and real information to those who are suffering mentally.

But sadly many chose to use this time as a political point of contention or a lesson to the masses about the rights of the Church to exist. Those might be important lessons and they might very well be worth fighting for...But in the grand scheme of things what will be the legacy of our Churches during this pandemic and state of emergency? Will it be one of how we found ways to minister and love and deliver hope to the hopeless beyond the four walls? Will it be one where we fought for the rights and lives of those on our streets and in our most desperate situations or will it be one of spending our energy on legal battles and divisive political maneuvers?

There is still time to change the narrative, but time is running out.

Robert Kellogg

And if you can't get out, to whom or what are you  contributing that can? And how are you contributing? This has been an opportunity, and so many have blown it.  That is to be expected; however, are you one of them?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

A company or persons that refer to themselves as an "independent fact-checker" should always require to be fact-checked themselves. Then those that fact check the independent fact-checkers also need to be fact-checked the world is full of deliberate liars and accidental liars. everyone here and in the world are all cherry-picking facts and lies; no exceptions.

No one has a monopoly on facts and truth - anyone claiming that is a willful or accidental liar.

And that is the truth the whole truth and nothing but a cherrypicked lie

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

EdibleWords said:

Man, Rabbit, your cutting humor makes me feel like a church mouse...

no, it's just face value today ,
Thanks again A.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

rabbitquest said:

Thanks again A.

Face value can’t see through fogged glasses. 😇

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

JohnnyBlaze said:

This comment carries with it such irrefutable gall
Led by blind vanity or an unhealthy infatuation
It is dumbfounding to think that you feel that others besides yourself have a fetish to be educated by Ahavati  
Unbelievable

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

This was from a day ago.
The blue states have reopened businesses.
Light blue are in transition.
And the yellow are still in quarantine, masks, distance and the required precaution.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rabbitquest said:

Thanks again A.

You're very welcome, Rabbit. Always nice to see your informative posts.

Layla said:This was from a day ago.
The blue states have reopened businesses.
Light blue are in transition.
And the yellow are still in quarantine, masks, distance and the required precaution.

Thanks for the link, Layla. NC is in phase I; however, there has been an increase in cases beginning to show now.  The gestation period is one week, and this is the second week of Phase I, so they will start showing up if it's spreading.  Phase II was scheduled for this Friday. . .we'll see what happens.  

Go to page:
Go to: