Go to page:

Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

Wuhan pool party shows China is over the Covid-19 lockdowns; the rest of the world, not so much
Nebojsa Malic
is a Serbian-American journalist, blogger and translator, who wrote a regular column for Antiwar.com from 2000 to 2015, and is now senior writer
People watching a performance as they cool off in a swimming pool in Wuhan in China's central Hubei province.
The sight of partygoers in Wuhan, China piling into a water park without masks or social distancing seems like a cruel joke to nations where no measures, however disruptive, seem to be helping against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Wuhan is where the first cases of the SARS-CoV-2 novel coronavirus were first observed in late 2019. The city of 11 million, and much of the surrounding Hubei province, were placed under strict lockdown to halt the spread of the virus. The lockdown included drastic measures such as people getting their front doors welded shut, if one is to believe photos circulating online.
Fast-forward to this past weekend, when AFP published photos and video of an electronic music festival at the Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park.
Though local media say the park officially operates at 50 percent capacity, “none of the tightly-packed partygoers were seen to be wearing face masks,” the French news agency reported.
AFP added the official explanation that “there have been no new domestically transmitted cases officially reported in Hubei province” since mid-May, and that the 76-day lockdown had been lifted in April.
While nearby countries such as South Korea and Japan managed to keep track of the people infected and suppressed the epidemic without a lockdown, almost every other country in the world has implemented the Wuhan model to some extent or another – and got nowhere near the same result.
The US has now been locked down to some extent or another for twice as long as Wuhan – 154 days as of Monday – though it was originally supposed to be only “15 days to slow the spread.” As a result, the economy has ground to a halt, small businesses have been ruined, and millions are facing eviction for being unable to afford rent. European countries are having similar problems.
Is Covid-19 our new religion, and the face mask its cross?
Moreover, the flip-flop on masks by their governments – going from 'don’t wear them, they don’t work' in March to 'everyone must wear them on penalty of fines' by July – has angered the public, already frustrated by the neverending lockdowns and the attendant economic ruin.
Admissions by top scientific advisers – such as Dr. Anthony Fauci in the US – that the original rhetoric on masks was not driven by science, but by a desire to prevent hoarding by the general public, have not helped win the public trust. Neither has the behavior of Professor Neil Ferguson, the UK author of the lockdown model, who was caught violating quarantine to be with his mistress, back in May. Yet officials continue to insist that lockdowns work, need to continue indefinitely, and things would have been far worse without them.
Critics who put forward data that show otherwise – pointing to examples like the Hawaii islands or Peru, where the virus has rampaged despite the strict lockdowns – are either derided or censored by major social media platforms for spreading “misinformation.”
If anything, lockdown advocates say they haven’t been harsh enough, and point to China’s 89,000 or so official cases of Covid-19 and about 4,700 fatalities, in comparison with 5.4 million and 170,000 deaths in the US so far.
US President Donald Trump has rejected the official Chinese figures as fraudulent, even as he has defended his administration’s approach to leave the lockdowns and their severity up to state governors. The fact it’s an election year in the US and everything – including the pandemic – has become viciously politicized doesn’t help.
The Wuhan pool party has now become a Rorschach inkblot test, with both sides of the debate seeing it as proof of their position. The one thing everyone will agree on is that the Chinese don’t seem to be too concerned about Covid-19 anymore.

HAHAHA
WHATS OUR NAME
SHEEP

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

So ( for those who think the numbers are highly inflated ), let's say 1/2 of 143K was non covid, that still leaves 71.5K that were covid, which is  almost 2018's total for a year and our year isn't up yet. . .

Actually, since this was created it's now 173,979 deaths ( in the U.S. alone ). Do the math. . .even dividing it by half. . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:So ( for those who think the numbers are highly inflated ), let's say 1/2 of 143K was non covid, that still leaves 71.5K that were covid, which is  almost 2018's total for a year and our year isn't up yet. . .

Actually, since this was created it's now 173,979 deaths ( in the U.S. alone ). Do the math. . .even dividing it by half. . .

Sometimes I feel you would have better luck explaining it to a doorknob ...

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

JohnnyBlaze said:
Sometimes I feel you would have better luck explaining it to a doorknob ...

Hmmm...I Think That Entered The Brain...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

From my first cousin:

COVID-19

I know everyone has heard so many times wash your hands, wear a mask in public and practice social distancing.  I’ve listened to the news daily on all the stories about COVID-19 and how sick someone is that gets it and trust me I did everything I was suppose to do to keep from getting but it GOT ME.  I actually thought I had been sick in the past but I’ve never been this sick in my life.  I’m on day 10 of being sick and I’m just now able to drink more than 1 Sprite in a 24 hr period and food is something I’ve not even thought about.  When I first got sick I thought I had a stomach virus because I woke up on Tuesday 11th I was throwing up and I had diarrhea.  When I went to the hospital here on Wednesday 12th they said it was a virus and they sent me home only for me to continue throwing up and having diarrhea.  I went 3-4 days with no sleep because I had the dry heaves and my body would not let me rest.  On Sunday 16th Russ Martin called our friend Stacey Bagnal she came over and after talking to me and checking me she told Russ to get me back to the hospital so Russ told me I had to go back to the hospital but I went to a different hospital not the one that told me I had a virus.  When we got to the hospital it was all I could do to walk into the Emergency Room I was so weak.  The first thing they did was test me for Covid-19, they wouldn’t let Russ back with me until my test came back negative BUT it didn’t I was POSITIVE.  They moved me straight up stairs to the COVID-19 floor.  I was in a little room with a bathroom and a TV.  My door had to be closed all the time, I still couldn’t go to sleep because I was dry heaving and running to the bathroom.  I was in the hospital Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  
They called me from the admissions office Tuesday morning and informed me my insurance company I have would only let me stay 2 nights with Covid-19, so I came home Tuesday.  Russ just fixed me a piece of toast and I was able to eat half of it and now my stomach is hurting so bad.  
I want to thank everyone for all the prayers you’ve been praying for me, I still have a way to go but I’m finally heading in the right direction.  
I hope this can help someone if they are having problems and they are worried that they may have Covid-19.  And it really is so important to practice social distancing and keep your hands washed.  I pray you all stay safe and God Bless You ❤️

My grandson is also sick; we're waiting for the results of his.

This has been a week.  Stay safe, Peeps. ❤

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:From my first cousin:

COVID-19

I know everyone has heard so many times wash your hands, wear a mask in public and practice social distancing.  I’ve listened to the news daily on all the stories about COVID-19 and how sick someone is that gets it and trust me I did everything I was suppose to do to keep from getting but it GOT ME.  I actually thought I had been sick in the past but I’ve never been this sick in my life.  I’m on day 10 of being sick and I’m just now able to drink more than 1 Sprite in a 24 hr period and food is something I’ve not even thought about.  When I first got sick I thought I had a stomach virus because I woke up on Tuesday 11th I was throwing up and I had diarrhea.  When I went to the hospital here on Wednesday 12th they said it was a virus and they sent me home only for me to continue throwing up and having diarrhea.  I went 3-4 days with no sleep because I had the dry heaves and my body would not let me rest.  On Sunday 16th Russ Martin called our friend Stacey Bagnal she came over and after talking to me and checking me she told Russ to get me back to the hospital so Russ told me I had to go back to the hospital but I went to a different hospital not the one that told me I had a virus.  When we got to the hospital it was all I could do to walk into the Emergency Room I was so weak.  The first thing they did was test me for Covid-19, they wouldn’t let Russ back with me until my test came back negative BUT it didn’t I was POSITIVE.  They moved me straight up stairs to the COVID-19 floor.  I was in a little room with a bathroom and a TV.  My door had to be closed all the time, I still couldn’t go to sleep because I was dry heaving and running to the bathroom.  I was in the hospital Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  
They called me from the admissions office Tuesday morning and informed me my insurance company I have would only let me stay 2 nights with Covid-19, so I came home Tuesday.  Russ just fixed me a piece of toast and I was able to eat half of it and now my stomach is hurting so bad.  
I want to thank everyone for all the prayers you’ve been praying for me, I still have a way to go but I’m finally heading in the right direction.  
I hope this can help someone if they are having problems and they are worried that they may have Covid-19.  And it really is so important to practice social distancing and keep your hands washed.  I pray you all stay safe and God Bless You ❤️

My grandson is also sick; we're waiting for the results of his.

This has been a week.  Stay safe, Peeps. ❤

God, I'm sorry to hear that. They are all in my prayers. xo

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

I am glad your cousin is moving into the healing phase...

What a process , and story , yet of fact and close to the heart...

May ( she ? ) and your grandson , both recover quickly now...

May he not have Covid !

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Ahavati said:So ( for those who think the numbers are highly inflated ), let's say 1/2 of 143K was non covid, that still leaves 71.5K that were covid, which is  almost 2018's total for a year and our year isn't up yet. . .

Assuming
now I'm ONLY Assuming
THAT YOUR MENTAL AGE
IS IN
Double digits
I'm amazed you posted this

From October 2019 to early April 2020, the flu killed an estimated 24,000 to 62,000 people in the US, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those numbers are preliminary, and the CDC said it stopped updating its preliminary estimates for this flu season on April 4.

YOU do understand the word Estimated WE CALL IT A GUESS

HAVE YOU EVER
Asked your self the question
WHY are there doctors and scientists
with the same Diplomas
as the ones YOU ARE ALLOWED
to see on the net and tv
BUT the doctors and scientists
who say this is wrong
are not allowed
TO HAVE AN OPEN PUBLIC
DEBATE
with these other government
doctors and scientists
on such a Serious Matter
that affects US all
OR DO YOU THINK
These OTHER
doctors and scientists
Are just
Conspiracy Theorists
They don't have a clue
and yet
they have the same Diplomas
as the ones
you blindly believe
without question
And most of these you believe
Are what are called
computer modelling [scientists]
look at their history
ON How many times
they were wrong
AND YET
you believe
HAVE YOU EVER
ASKED YOUR SELF
the question
WHERE are the photos
WHERE is the film footage
of inside these hospitals
that are overwhelmed
with the sick and dying
from this CONAvirus er
how come
it would sell a hell of a lot of news papers
would it not
And lets not forget
the strange fact
that most if not all
of these dead people
have not even been tested
for this Conavirus
just assumed they died from it
and where oh where
is the list of deaths
from the normal viruses
IT IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE
OR IS IT
THAT FREE THINKING PEOPLE
DON'T HAVE
A FUCKING CLUE

I Apologize
my estimation
of your
mental AGE
WAS WRONG
Your nowhere near double digits

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

drone said:
DON'T HAVE
A FUCKING CLUE

I Apologize

Thank you for admitting this, given you do not live in the U.S..

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thank you for admitting this, given you do not live in the U.S..

Thank you for admitting to speed reading
and thinking about
what I posted
you know the little things
like a little research
using your filter of common sense
Reasoning

given that you  live in the U.S
I'M Amazed
You speak about this subject
AND YET
YOUR CLUELESS

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

drone said:

Thank you for admitting to speed reading
and thinking about
what I posted
you know the little things
like a little research
using your filter of common sense
Reasoning

given that you  live in the U.S
I'M Amazed
You speak about this subject
AND YET
YOUR CLUELESS

No, I thoroughly read your ill informed "opinion".

Thanks for sharing.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

JohnnyBlaze said:

No, I thoroughly read your ill informed "opinion".

Thanks for sharing.

SOOO
In a matter of minutes
you thoroughly read my post
YOU DO
UNDERSTAND
the meaning of the word
Thoroughly
OR are you just
NOT happy
when your not in your comfort zone
I suggest you Google
the word
Thoroughly
Thoroughly

ill informed "opinion".
MAN
You have about a million

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

drone said:
SOOO
In a matter of minutes
you thoroughly read my post

Uhh ... yeah? It wasn't that long of a post. A couple of minutes at the most.

It was a lot quicker than the articles you cut and paste from sketchy websites full of "opinionated" journalism like RT.com financed by Russian propagandists with political agendas.

If you want anyone to take your "opinions" seriously, educate yourself with the facts provided by more reliable sources.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Thoroughly = 404

404 , means :

"File Not Found"

Yet is also equals the number for the Obri / Hebrew word for "Awake"

Now , with 590 , which is the number for "Power"
it equals the sum of our two columns of eight symbols
each , which is one of our main constructs ;

Therefore most people  attempt to claim "Power"
through improper communication , lacking in true
talent and substance , and merely cut and paste
articles , to then post and harass others , as well
as refusing to link to them , due to willful ignorance...

Just like you , "D" ;

However , some of us are "Awake" , and in our full
"Power" , when we tell one who has a hard time
thinking on their own , not reading any articles for
a week , month , or year , nor attempting to harass
others , by their incessant parrot prattle , and cries
to be heard , because they are addicted to attention ;

Can you go "OM" by yourself , with no need to bother
anyone , or are you too weak in your system to do that ,
and somehow got the idea that by being an incessant
type and pasteist , you would conquer the world ?

Hmmm...I would remind you of the olive branch of peace...

You know that olive tree , do you not ?

Or does one have to be like a Minoan Witch ,
to get you to cease your particular form of
pretentious prattle ?

Ah , yes , that is a thought...;)

I shall have to pursue the possibility of that potentiation...hmmm

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:You really are a frightened little child, drone...and I have met a lot of frightened children in my life...but most of them are actually young children...not grown men or women.
Good luck man...you sound like you need it lol.

Go to page:
Go to: