Go to page:

Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

runaway-mindtrain said:Yes, yes...much better no one in the U.S. use the drug despite it's use for decades and use around the world for COVID...It is an election year and more deaths would be great for Biden. I am not much of a slave on the Democrat plantation and thus am unaware of the current "reasons" why not to use all drugs to fight the pandemic. Much like was done for AIDS years ago. Please elaborate on the "reasons" to ignore a drug and ban discussion online by the Nazi silicone valley masters. All I see is an attempt, like the Antifa terrorist burning and murdering people, to disrupt everything in the U S. until November when the election happens and democrats can return, like the last election to not acting like they give a shit about the America and the American people....Please explain the reasons, my fully medically trained poets?.

Try more reading and less foaming-at-the-mouth "Democrat bashing" ...?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

runaway-mindtrain said:Yes, yes...much better no one in the U.S. use the drug despite it's use for decades and use around the world for COVID...It is an election year and more deaths would be great for Biden. I am not much of a slave on the Democrat plantation and thus am unaware of the current "reasons" why not to use all drugs to fight the pandemic. Much like was done for AIDS years ago. Please elaborate on the "reasons" to ignore a drug and ban discussion online by the Nazi silicone valley masters. All I see is an attempt, like the Antifa terrorist burning and murdering people, to disrupt everything in the U S. until November when the election happens and democrats can return, like the last election to not acting like they give a shit about the America and the American people....Please explain the reasons, my fully medically trained poets?

What happened to the guy who posted it was neither a liberal or conservative issue? I miss that calm, respectful dude. I'll try my best to cast light on this situation from my independently trained viewpoint.

The FDA is the organization who revoked its authorization  for emergency use of HCQ based on scientific research:

“We’ve made clear throughout the public health emergency that our actions will be guided by science and that our decisions may evolve as we learn more about the SARS-CoV-2 virus, review the latest data, and consider the balance of risks versus benefits of treatments for COVID-19,” said FDA Deputy Commissioner for Medical and Scientific Affairs Anand Shah, M.D. “The FDA always underpins its decision-making with the most trustworthy, high-quality, up-to-date evidence available. We will continue to examine all of the emergency use authorizations the FDA has issued and make changes, as appropriate, based on emerging evidence.”

The FDA Commissioner is appointed by the president ( republican ) with advice and consent of the Senate Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee ( republican majority ).  He reports to the Secretary of Health and Human Services ( republican ), who is also appointed by the president with advice and consent of the Senate ( republican majority ), and in turn reports directly to the president ( republican ).

I don't know why you are inferring the "Nazi silicone valley masters", along with "Antifa terrorist arsonists and murderers" are responsible for the FDA's republican controlled decision?  Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Hey Jeff , a question ?

If you really feel that way , why don't you
just drive south a ways an take them on ?

"Please elaborate on the "reasons" to ignore a drug and ban discussion online by the Nazi silicone valley masters."

..."Please explain the reasons"...

Don't just sit there , writing poetry , or playing drums...go do something ,
because you are not going to convince anyone here , on this site...

Run for office...;)

You could set your own beat for your political ads...

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Blackwolf said:Hey Jeff , a question ?

If you really feel that way , why don't you
just drive south a ways an take them on ?

"Please elaborate on the "reasons" to ignore a drug and ban discussion online by the Nazi silicone valley masters."

..."Please explain the reasons"...

Don't just sit there , writing poetry , or playing drums...go do something ,
because you are not going to convince anyone here , on this site...

Run for office...;)

You could set your own beat for your political ads...

Or ... just keep driving south ... to Mexico .....

Sounds like a vacation from all things politics would help relieve some of that pent up angst.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics.
A senior executive for pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has confirmed that his company cannot face legal action for any potential side effects caused by its Covid vaccine. Those affected will have no legal recourse.
AstraZeneca is one of 25 pharmaceutical companies worldwide already testing their Covid vaccines on humans, in preparation for injecting hundreds of millions of people. These are flush times for Britain’s largest pharmaceutical company, worth something in the order of £70 million. They have just reported bumper profits of $12.6 billion in the last six months alone.
But despite its healthy balance sheet, AstraZeneca is unwilling to be held responsible for any potential side effects of its ‘hopeful’ vaccine candidate. In other words, the company is completely protected, or indemnified, against lawsuits from people who are injected with their vaccine and experience negative effects, regardless of how severe or long-lasting they are.
The firm’s lawyers have demanded that clauses to that effect be put in their contracts with the countries AstraZeneca has agreed to supply with its Covid vaccine. The company says that, without such guarantees of indemnity, they would not be incentivised to produce the drug. And it seems most of the countries have ceded to this demand.
Done in the national interest?
Ruud Dobber, a senior AstraZeneca executive, told Reuters “In the contracts we have in place, we are asking for indemnification. For most countries it is acceptable to take that risk on their shoulders because it is in their national interest’’. For “national interest,” read “government interest.” Whether what is happening is good for the actual people of vaccinated countries Dobber refused to name the countries which have placed orders for the firm’s vaccine, although many major western democracies are likely to be on the list. The UK government has been on a vaccine spending spree, buying 250 million doses from various Big Pharma outfits. America, meanwhile, is way ahead of the curve here – they have a special legal framework in which no pharmaceutical companies face lawsuits for side effects of vaccines in case of ‘public health emergencies’. This legislation, known as the PREP Act, was the product of a massive lobbying effort from the US pharmaceutical industry, and was introduced despite vigorous opposition from consumer groups. Unless the vaccine maker intentionally murders or injures you – willful misconduct – you cannot sue them.
As senior EU officials told Reuters this week, they are locking horns with the vaccine manufacturers over price, payment timelines and, above all, liability. That no one wants to be stuck with liability is hardly surprising. Pump a population full of an experimental vaccine to ‘immunise’ them against a disease that is harmless to most people, and then be held accountable for the consequences? I don’t think so. Big Pharma executives do not earn the seven-figure salaries they do for falling into traps like that.
Dobber also added: “This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in ... four years the vaccine is showing side effects.” Oh… okay then. So who does take on the responsibility then? The WHO? Pull the other one. Politicians? Don’t make me laugh. No one? Gotcha.
Who pays?
Because there is a virtual guarantee that in a major vaccination programme some people will be harmed or even killed by the vaccine, some countries have set up special public funds to pay compensation to those affected. The WHO supports this model of taxpayer-funded damages for vaccine claimants.
The US has such a fund, as do many European countries including the UK, Germany, Sweden and Italy. It might be worth looking up the relevant system in your own country if you are worried about taking the vaccine. One thing is certain though: when it comes to Covid-19, private capital have decided that they want nothing to do with the long-term consequences of their vaccinations.
SAD

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Activists took to the streets of London a day after the UK cabinet expanded its guidelines for mandatory face coverings. The demonstration comes amid growing skepticism worldwide over the efficacy of such policies.
A large group of demonstrators assembled in Hyde Park on Saturday, where they listened to speeches denouncing the government’s anti-coronavirus measures. Piers Corbyn, brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, was among the speakers.
Carrying placards reading “Stop the new normal, save lives,”“Freedom over fear,” and “Masks are muzzles,” the protesters then marched towards Downing Street, stopping outside BBC headquarters along the way.
ABOUT TIME
people are starting to wake up
to the fact
that this conavirus is a con
where is the list
of deaths
from the normal flu virus
hahaha

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Bellweather.

The US economy is experiencing the greatest downturn in annualised gdp in history, due in part to their poorly managed Covid 19 response. The real problem behind that though is the US economy never recovered from the 2008 subprime housing collapse. The money printed at that time did not result in economic production improvements. Unemployment and debt have grown ever since. Despite interest rates at near zero for a prolonged period since then, the US economy has not grown in real terms, namely production. Instead the money was used for the greatest share buyback program ever seen, that drives up the price of the remaining shares, which allows businesses to show increasing share prices that CEO’s bonuses are linked to.

The fed is printing money like never before. The stimulus packages you hear about in the news are a small portion of the money that is pouring in to the US economy, driven by the federal reserves economic policies.

Real unemployment in the US has jumped higher and faster than any time in its history.

Gold is jumping (which is really a hedge on the US dollar)

The fed will, at some point, begin to see inflation.

Inflation is actually already occurring in front-end metrics, for example in share prices, but the way the US measures it hides the real figure.

(Stocks are rising at the fed continues to print money and institutional investors have nowhere else to put that cheap money)

Fuel prices are a major component of the CPI in the US, but fuel prices are low due to low demand and changes in the price of renewable energy options.

People in the US are not spending, and won’t for some time as they are concerned about the future. This leaves money “dead” in the economy.

Food banks in the US are experiencing growth in demand unlike any thing on record. This is an excellent indicator of true economic health.

Mortgage and rental defaults are on the increase, and will be followed by defaults in commercial real estate. The fed is already proposing commercial real estate securities bailouts.

The US does not have the production capability to restart what was the reason for its climb to economic dominance: the low income but productive middle class. By any metric the US economy has been unproductive for 30 years (remember Springsteen singing about the loss of steel mills? That was the end of the start)

The stock market will fall the day the fed sees inflation rise, forcing them to stop printing money.

When this happens the whole house comes down.

The US dollar will then fall from its status as the worlds exchange currency. When that happens the US will no longer have access to cheap finance, as the demand for the dollar will tank.

This will lead to global unrest, and probably war, or in the best case a prolonged global economic downturn, with the US experiencing an economic depression.

(None of this is speculation. I am currently invested in gold and US stocks. I will exit my US stocks position prior to the US election. The trajectory of the US dollar can be overlaid on the demise of several former global currencies: the Dutch gilder, the British pound, for example. If you consider the leverage ratios, the political unrest, and the loss of internal production, there is no question that the US dollar is at the end of that cycle. No economy has ever escaped this).

Don’t take on debt.

Don’t but property.

Best case is you work for government money, in a country with good social welfare programs.

Economics trumps politics.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's a very dire forecast, Hemi. Inflation is already on the rise; food prices are ridiculous. I haven't shopped for much of anything else because I'm trying to hold onto what money I have in case of an emergency; I know many others who are as well.

Then there are those out carelessly spending like nothing is wrong with the world or economy. They will be the first ones to loot and steal if things get really bad, as though the world owes them something.

Then there are those who are genuinely struggling to make ends meet, and nothing seems enough. My heart aches for them and I wish I could do more.

I am blessed to still be working, and was really excited about retiring. Now, not so much excited as a bit anxious for what lies over that horizon. I guess I'll cross it when I come to it.

I honestly wish relocation was an option for me; I'd hit those New Zealand shores with Rhonda! But it's not, unless I could bring my grandson. Otherwise, he needs me more than I need my own security thousands of miles away from him. What good is security if you have no peace from worrying about family?

My all being be blessed with a miracle. . .or at least a good election outcome here in the states. I'm not holding my breath.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Relief, NeuroRx say emergency treatment with RLF-100 helps critically ill Covid patients

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-relief-hldg-neuror/relief-neurorx-say-emergency-treatment-with-rlf-100-helps-critically-ill-covid-patients-idUSKBN24Y0OR

Critically ill COVID-19 patients recovered rapidly from respiratory failure after three days of treatment with RLF-100, a therapy granted fast-track designation in the United States, two drug companies said on Sunday.

Geneva-based Relief Therapeutics Holdings AG RFLB.S has a patent for RLF-100, or aviptadil, a synthetic form of a natural peptide that protects the lung. U.S.-Israeli NeuroRx Inc partnered with Relief to develop the drug in the United States.

In June the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted fast-track designation to RLF-100 for treatment of respiratory distress in COVID-19.

While a Phase 2/3 clinical trial with 70 patients is ongoing, RLF-100 is being administered on an emergency basis to some patients who are too ill to be admitted to the trial.

The first report of rapid recovery under emergency use was posted by doctors from Houston Methodist Hospital, the companies said in a joint statement.

It said a 54-year-old man who developed COVID-19 while being treated for rejection of a double lung transplant came off a ventilator within four days of treatment with RLF-100.

Similar results were subsequently seen in more than 15

patients treated under emergency use, the companies said.

The two companies also said independent researchers in a biocontainment laboratory in Brazil reported that aviptadil blocked replication of the SARS coronavirus in human lung cells and immune cells.

“No other antiviral agent has demonstrated rapid recovery from viral infection and demonstrated laboratory inhibition of viral replication,” NeuroRx CEO Jonathan Javitt said.

The clinical trials are looking at whether similar observations will be confirmed for less ill patients with COVID-19-related respiratory failure.

An independent data monitoring committee will be conducting an interim analysis of these data later this month, Javitt told Reuters.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1741

Thanks for the overview hemi; I'm on the same page. I'll have a chat about it this evening with a friend who's a trader. I saw this coming in 2007 which is why I sold up in 2008 and moved to Portugal to learn to be self-sufficient. I'm not there yet (made plenty of mistakes) but we have a good community here with many useful skills. Cheers, Josh.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Relief, NeuroRx say emergency treatment with RLF-100 helps critically ill Covid patients

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-relief-hldg-neuror/relief-neurorx-say-emergency-treatment-with-rlf-100-helps-critically-ill-covid-patients-idUSKBN24Y0OR

But Kodak!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

But Kodak!

You snooze, you lose!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trump criticizes Birx for the first time after she issues coronavirus warnings

President Donald Trump criticized Dr. Deborah Birx in a Monday tweet after she warned the pandemic is "extraordinarily widespread" in the US.

While Trump and other top White House officials have publicly attacked Dr. Anthony Fauci, the tweet marked the first time Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, publicly drew Trump's ire.

[ . . . ]

"So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combatting the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics. In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!" Trump wrote.

[ . . . ]

Does he ever just shut up and listen? Ever? Is everything a competition he must win?

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Masks are muzzles’: Protesters rally
outside BBC HQ & march to Downing Street
after UK govt widens mask-wearing orders
AMAZING
PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO WAKE UP
ABOUT TIME

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Trump criticizes Birx for the first time after she issues coronavirus warnings

Does he ever just shut up and listen? Ever? Is everything a competition he must win?

Insecure people attack other people to make themselves look better.

I don't think a week has gone by during the last 4 years in which Trump hasn't somehow savaged someone else or fired / thrown someone under the bus.

Go to page:
Go to: