Go to page:

Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

JohnnyBlaze said:

That's great to hear! I hope all goes well with her recovery.

Thank you. You know I just lost one last year to it. This is another in our group of four. . .so I am really upset.  She is recovering now, and has 10 weeks of chemo to go through. Then hopefully, because they caught it very early, she will be, and stay in complete remission.  

She told me the healthcare workers were all wonderful, and fully masked and gowned.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

Thank you. You know I just lost one last year to it. This is another in our group of four. . .so I am really upset.  She is recovering now, and has 10 weeks of chemo to go through. Then hopefully, because they caught it very early, she will be, and stay in complete remission.  

She told me the healthcare workers were all wonderful, and fully masked and gowned.

I know. 🙏 My prayers are your prayers.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ha! Here you go!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Ha! Here you go!

LOL I believe it could work!

I think Halloween is going to be a big deal this year if the costume companies get ahead of this thing and market Covid 19 approved masks.

https://www.countryliving.com/shopping/g32908775/coronavirus-halloween-fabric-face-mask/

This?

We regret to inform you that your inflatable T. rex costume is not virus-proof

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-your-inflatable-t-rex-costume-is-not-virus-proof/2020/04/24/b0f8ad9a-84cf-11ea-ae26-989cfce1c7c7_story.html

Not so much.

ReggiePoet
Reggie
Fire of Insight
28awards
Joined 13th May 2018
Forum Posts: 357

JohnnyBlaze said:It is Day 5 of more than 1,000 deaths per day from Covid 19 in the U.S.

I am curious, what source of data are you referring to? I've been watching the CDC's numbers, but their provisional death reports are understated until at least eight weeks out. Do you know a source that is closer to real-time reporting?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

ReggiePoet said:

I am curious, what source of data are you referring to? I've been watching the CDC's numbers, but their provisional death reports are understated until at least eight weeks out. Do you know a source that is closer to real-time reporting?

I can only tell you that it was live ABC News on Good Morning America. I will say that their reporting is not sensationalized.

The moment anyone says anything outlandish, they are immediately tackled to the floor by George Stephanopoulos.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ReggiePoet said:

I'm impressed, Reggie ( seriously ). I used to report the CDC and WHO stats and they kept getting attacked for being bogus, fake, manufactured, you name it.

ReggiePoet
Reggie
Fire of Insight
28awards
Joined 13th May 2018
Forum Posts: 357

Ahavati said:

I'm impressed, Reggie ( seriously ). I used to report the CDC and WHO stats and they kept getting attacked for being bogus, fake, manufactured, you name it.

That would be understandable--The CDC publishes the data they have in real time, but you have to read the fine print to know that it isn't complete until it is at least 8 weeks old. On first glance, it makes the death rate look much better than it really is. People who who are "all in" accuse them of whitewashing the data.

Also, they present the data in confusing ways. It isn't clear how they categorize the deaths. That doesn't bother me because I ignore the categories. I only look at how the overall death rate compares to prior (non-Covid) years, and how fast it is changing week to week. I believe those numbers are the only ones that can't be twisted to fit an agenda.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ReggiePoet said:

That would be understandable--The CDC publishes the data they have in real time, but you have to read the fine print to know that it isn't complete until it is at least 8 weeks old. On first glance, it makes the death rate look much better than it really is. People who who are "all in" accuse them of whitewashing the data.

Also, they present the data in confusing ways. It isn't clear how they categorize the deaths. That doesn't bother me because I ignore the categories. I only look at how the overall death rate compares to prior (non-Covid) years, and how fast it is changing week to week. I believe those numbers are the only ones that can't be twisted to fit an agenda.

Right, It's all in how you look at it. The accusations were definitely conspiracy-based ones. Though I will say, the CDC, which used to be a shining jewel in the global arena of infectious disease, has lost a great majority of that shine.  In an interview with a Swedish physician ( I believe it was Swedish, don't quote me—may have been another country ),  they said the first place they would call would be the CDC, now it was virtually impossible to get someone to answer the phone or call you back since Trump's administration stripped control of Coronavirus Data.

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

[ . . . ]

“Historically, C.D.C. has been the place where public health data has been sent, and this raises questions about not just access for researchers but access for reporters, access for the public to try to better understand what is happening with the outbreak," said Jen Kates, the director of global health and H.I.V. policy with the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Just a posit , yet with any *government bureaucracy* ,
they are often slow , and incorrect , as they are being
paid for time taken to come up with the information ,
which I , myself , would rarely trust...

I would trust more , actual compilation , gathered from
hospitals on ground level input info , each day , and
compiling all those numbers together , then adjusting
it downward , by approximately 15% , to 25% , to give
allowance for inaccuracy...

It is like the census , as far as another statistic...

Do I believe anywhere close to those numbers they quote ?

Are you kidding me ?

I am 66...I have only met a very rare few , who have only
taken the census in their entire lives...including me...

I would never trust government on numbers...

Look at Trump !

"Oh , yes , the whole Washington , D.C. area was filled
with people for my "coronation"...same with government...

They are in offices...not on ground floor zero...

( Just a thought )

I shall never trust *their* info...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There's a difference in stating your opinion and chosen course of ACTION ( as you do ), and outright mocking OR labeling others stupid, etc. for their choice, BW.  

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Agreed , Ahavati...

Just many quote the first draft of the CDC ,
and do not take into account they can be
so incorrect , and take *far* too much time...sheesh !

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:Agreed , Ahavati...

Just many quote the first draft of the CDC ,
and do not take into account they can be
so incorrect , and take *far* too much time...sheesh !

But they have been very instrumental in the area of infectious control. As I previously said, they were the shining jewel of the global community of scientists and physicians.  

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Ahavati said:

But they have been very instrumental in the area of infectious control. As I previously said, they were the shining jewel of the global community of scientists and physicians.  

I am aware what you said...

I did not say anything different , truly , than you or Reggie , originally...

And I did not post in here today to be privy
to being attacked for my words or opinion...

I am stating what I "feel is true"...

As well , when I was a young boy , many things were better handled ,
government , and otherwise , as far as information gathered , though
not always released...today , it is poorly gathered , and released , if
that is the case , much more haphazardly , and incorrectly...

One thing I always remember :

And I am going to post it :

In the Code I teach , *Government* adds to the number 309 ,
in Obri / Hebrew...yet in Runes , those are two Runes , which
add to each other , total sum 309...

They mean , at a basic level , *Chaos* , and *Order*

They are pronounced *Sdar* and *Rrea* ,;

So , government , to me , any organization dealing with such ,
has their own version of Chaos and Order , and their own
*Sdar - Rrea* ( Story )...

So , we can agree , or not...just speaking / writing *my* truth...

Best to you !

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

No one attacked you nor stated you were posting fact vs how you feel.

I just wanted to tack on that the CDC was one a renowned organization held in global esteem; and to me it's sad they no longer are.  And the truth is you posted so you could post your code lesson for the day.

Best of on your code teachings.

Go to page:
Go to: