Go to page:

Coronavirus ( Covid-19) Part II

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Dude, dry it up. You've had nothing but a sarcastic and mocking attitude. You've contributed nothing to the discussion except your own blatherings or walls of words without any requested reference links OR considering anything anyone else has posted to actually DISCUSS vs "HaHaHa'ing" at a situation where people have actually DIED, and families are in mourning. Our country ( NOT YOURS ) is upside down right now, and Americans are human ( just like YOU ), and your attitude has not been appreciated, nor your unappealing, stubborn unwillingness to provide resource links without claiming those of us requesting them are ignorant as to how to find the information. No one has time for that. No one. That is exactly why you get ZERO responses.

"Sad" but true.

Learn to have a conversation. Learn to be considerate. Learn to be respectful and you just might get a response outside of this one.

YES.

Drone,

Learn to formulate "a coherent response "in sentences, not poetry format.

Refrain from posting video links without the actual links and why you feel we should watch them.

Refrain from posting walls of pasted articles without the source and why you feel we should read them. Especially when they come from garbage sites like RT.com, so we don't have to bother.

Refrain from being a troll by capping posts off with HAHAHA. It's a serious subject.  

All this shit just clutters up the thread and wastes everyone's time.

It also wastes the time of the moderators who are tasked with removing it not just because it clutters up the threads, but to discourage others from doing the same thing and killing off what's left of the forum with SPAM, REPEAT, and HARASSING posts.

Then you'll be taken seriously and your posts will less likely be removed.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Once again, let it be said that personal attacks are not tolerated here at DUP .  Mods are not paid and to my knowledge , none of us have any special interests going on with any members as far as favoritism, bribes , etc.

If this site and its members , fail to meet your expectations , feel free to find another online outlet for your creativity and personal attacks .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

MadameLavender said:

Once again, let it be said that personal attacks are not tolerated here at DUP .  Mods are not paid and to my knowledge , none of us have any special interests going on with any members as far as favoritism, bribes , etc.

If this site and its members , fail to meet your expectations , feel free to find another online outlet for your creativity and personal attacks .

MadameLavender, thank you for stepping up and protecting the rights of all members to experience their membership ( paid or not ) free from continued harassment , false accusations, and personal attacks which directly violate the guidelines of this site. I know moderation is a tough job, so thank you for wielding the responsibility fairly vs turning your head to blatant and obvious violations.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

It is Day 5 of more than 1,000 deaths per day from Covid 19 in the U.S.

Don't expect the number to drop below 1K a day anytime soon.

Instead, Pray.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:It is Day 5 of more than 1,000 deaths per day from Covid 19 in the U.S.

Don't expect the number to drop below 1K a day anytime soon.

Instead, Pray.

I don't know what it's going to take for some people to believe this is real.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I don't know what it's going to take for some people to believe this is real.

I'm guessing 2,000 deaths per day, because of blaming 1/2 on mislabeling.

Sounds flippant,  but I don't know what else to say anymore.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm guessing 2,000 deaths per day, because of blaming 1/2 on mislabeling.

Sounds flippant,  but I don't know what else to say anymore.

I don't either, but it's making its rounds and is not finished with us yet.  Just saying for those bitching about its existence; or, rather, its non-existence. As if any percentage of a recovery rate matters to those in mourning, having lost a loved one.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I don't either, but it's making its rounds and is not finished with us yet.  Just saying for those bitching about its existence; or, rather, its non-existence. As if any percentage of a recovery rate matters to those in mourning, having lost a loved one.

Prayer and positive thought is about all I got left.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Prayer and positive thought is about all I got left.

Right. Because what people touting "But but but!!!!" aren't saying is that with many covid-19 survivors, the damage is permanent.

COVID-19 survivors can suffer damage to almost every major organ

Most have recovered. But evidence is growing that even the survivors can suffer long-lasting after-effects.

And it seems almost every major organ can suffer damage.

Not surprisingly the virus has a devastating impact on the lungs.

One in five or six people with COVID-19 are left with scarring - or fibrosis - of delicate tissue that leaves them breathless and coughing months later.

The damage is probably permanent and irreversible, and it's not just those who needed a ventilator who are at risk.

But it's not just the lungs that bear the brunt.

The kidneys can be affected early in the disease.

A third of people in hospital with the virus develop moderate or severe damage to their kidneys, which are vital for cleaning the blood. Some need dialysis and may in the long-term need a transplant.

The heart is also at risk.

A new study by doctors at Edinburgh University of more than 1,200 patients in 69 countries found that 55% of all patients showed heart abnormalities, with 15% suffering serious changes to the way their heart pumped blood.

Even the brain, normally shielded from viruses, is susceptible.

It seems around half those with COVID-19 have some neurological effects.

Symptoms can be mild - headaches, loss of smell and tingling sensations.

But they can be much worse - strokes, seizures and the inability to speak.

So why does the disease have such a broad impact on the body?

It could be because lots of different cell types have the ACE-2 receptor on their surface - it's the doorway into the cell that the virus uses to invade and make copies of itself.

Or it could be the immune system itself. It sometimes goes into overdrive to kill the virus but with catastrophic collateral damage to healthy tissue.

But while the immune system goes into meltdown in some people, in others the traces of the infection quickly begin to wane.

New research by scientists at King's College London found antibody levels fall significantly in the three months after having the virus.

It means immunity to the virus may be short-lived, as it is against the common cold.

It all adds to the mystery of a new and unpredictable virus that scientists are still getting to grips with.

To help answer some of the unknowns British researchers will track 10,000 people who've been discharged from hospital for up to 25 years to see what happens next.

There are bound to be surprises along the way.

Thusly, according to research of facts, that's exactly why the claim that
COVID-19 has a mortality rate of 1%-2% ( or, a survival rate of 99% ) is misleading.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/05/covid-19-fact-check-coronavirus-mortality-rate-misleading/3019503001/

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Thusly, according to research of facts, that's exactly why the claim that
COVID-19 has a mortality rate of 1%-2% ( or, a survival rate of 99% ) is misleading.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/05/covid-19-fact-check-coronavirus-mortality-rate-misleading/3019503001/

Yep. And down the road, more people will die from complications, and many of these won't end up in the official tally.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My friend had breast cancer surgery this week and just posted this ( reposted with permission ):

I'd like to give a shout out to all our health care workers!  I received excellent care during my surgery.  These people were wearing 2 masks and some had two masks and a face shield.  Can you imagine how hot that is to wear that during an entire shift?  Yet they were there doing their job without complaining. They rocked!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:My friend had breast cancer surgery this week and just posted this ( reposted with permission ):

That's great to hear! I hope all goes well with her recovery.

Go to page:
Go to: