Ask The Person Below You A Question

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13382

Funnily enough I happened upon this group earlier. I seen some bits and pieces on fb but not a huge amount. only a handful of people there

capital punishment in schools?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1102

@Ahavati, i don't have tv so i don't get excited too much of what's on the news unless its something very extreme or something that needs attention as far as new laws then I tune in.

@ Craic, I'm not sure what you mean by capital punishment in schools, you mean severe corporal punishment?

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13382

nah, I meant kill the fks out the playing area, line them up and shoot them before they get any older :D-  I jest, just smacks on the hand and such like the 80s

do you pluck flowers

Grace
Grace
Idryad
Guardian of Shadows
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 14311

No. I don't pluck flowers. Hate killing anything.

Have you ever thought about living back to basics? Planting food plants etc. Covid might never really go away afterall.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

When I used to own a home, i did plant quite a bit and then stocked up from nearby small farms and farmers, canning, freezing, drying but unfortunately I can't now living in a big city..the most i've done is pickling since space is a huge problem in an apartment.

Do you have the skills to stretch the money you have to live economically?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

Layla said:When I used to own a home, i did plant quite a bit and then stocked up from nearby small farms and farmers, canning, freezing, drying but unfortunately I can't now living in a big city..the most i've done is pickling since space is a huge problem in an apartment.

Do you have the skills to stretch the money you have to live economically?

Oh yeah.  I've been debt free for YEARS and don't require much.  I live frugally but not Scrooge-like.

Are you planning for retirement or winging it?  

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

I do have a 401k (although in the last 3 months I lost 18k on stocks)  I do have a good amount savings, I have a life insurance policy with savings built on it and my SS will be comfortable, I also have a small amount of US treasury bonds..and I am debt free so I guess It's planned ok lol

Why with so much knowledge and information, most people still live in debt, or month to month basis?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:I do have a 401k (although in the last 3 months I lost 18k on stocks)  I do have a good amount savings, I have a life insurance policy with savings built on it and my SS will be comfortable, I also have a small amount of US treasury bonds..and I am debt free so I guess It's planned ok lol

Why with so much knowledge and information, most people still live in debt, or month to month basis?

Yeah I lost 25k from one company when it filed bankruptcy and 5k from another payroll fraud. Thankfully the latter was shut down by the labor board but still. I feel you on that.

There isn't enough education in school regarding finance, and many carry on with their environmental influences.  

Is more financial education in middle and high school a solution to finance problems?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

I think it should be part of the curriculum.  It was so surprising to see my nephew take (as an extra course) in his last year of middle school and he had to have a bank account with debit card as part of the class, they were taken regularly to a financial instituition to learn about investments.  I think its so important to learn very early on in life.

What do you think of the new shift of businesses closing their buildings/offices and having majority of their employees work from home?  good idea, bad idea?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:I think it should be part of the curriculum.  It was so surprising to see my nephew take (as an extra course) in his last year of middle school and he had to have a bank account with debit card as part of the class, they were taken regularly to a financial instituition to learn about investments.  I think its so important to learn very early on in life.

What do you think of the new shift of businesses closing their buildings/offices and having majority of their employees work from home?  good idea, bad idea?

GREAT idea!  Cuts down on pollution, reduces needed resources ( car maintenance, gas, etc ), and lowers vehicle accidents.  However, the only downside I see is a society isolated more and more by technology.

Do you think eventually education will be online?

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5025

Layla said:I think it should be part of the curriculum.  It was so surprising to see my nephew take (as an extra course) in his last year of middle school and he had to have a bank account with debit card as part of the class, they were taken regularly to a financial instituition to learn about investments.  I think its so important to learn very early on in life.

Being one to benefit from this, I prefer it.
One for the helping the spread to slower
two for preference of being in the comfort of home
not to mention all the comforts of home brings the mind/body
Plus the peace of all that.
I put better work out because of it.
I don't get to yell at people though, point or put on my cap of "authority"
lol
Seriously though, I thrive on a little stress, but without it...I figure it's that much better on my body/mind as well...stress Is something I've worked on for the past number of yrs now...so it's one more bit off the plate.

Do You notice more people buying frugal or do they buy more things they don't necessarily need or in excess?

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 28th Dec 2012

Ahavati said:

GREAT idea!  Cuts down on pollution, reduces needed resources ( car maintenance, gas, etc ), and lowers vehicle accidents.  However, the only downside I see is a society isolated more and more by technology.

Do you think eventually education will be online?

Since we see the trend already taking stride...
I see it only taking off as time goes on.

Do You notice more people buying frugal or do they buy more things they don't necessarily need or in excess?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

We were just discussing this earlier this morning at my family's home.  Apparently, the school board put out a statement that their schools do not have what's necessary to operate completely online so I think there's some talk that for the time being they might divide up the classes into half, like 15 kids to come in the morning and the other 15 in the afternoon and avoiding the lunch period altogether.  Not sure how or if that will happen because now that businesses are opening up most parents will be gone the whole day and this half a day schooling will disrupt family's schedules.

On other news apparently some nightclubs never closed in Vegas, but not sure if the pole dancer girls have been wearing masks while twirling around (naked or semi naked).
Do you think a new wave of corona will hit again around fall when the flu season is in full swing?

Oops, sorry I didn't see your reply up there Soul

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 28th Dec 2012

Layla said:We were just discussing this earlier this morning at my family's home.  Apparently, the school board put out a statement that their schools do not have what's necessary to operate completely online so I think there's some talk that for the time being they might divide up the classes into half, like 15 kids to come in the morning and the other 15 in the afternoon and avoiding the lunch period altogether.  Not sure how or if that will happen because now that businesses are opening up most parents will be gone the whole day and this half a day schooling will disrupt family's schedules.

On other news apparently some nightclubs never closed in Vegas, but not sure if the pole dancer girls have been wearing masks while twirling around (naked or semi naked).
Do you think a new wave of corona will hit again around fall when the flu season is in full swing?

Oops, sorry I didn't see your reply up there Soul

I did the same thing lol

I do think a wave will hit again...
It could go either way, a stronger hit of it...
Or if there is enough tolerance, we will see a lesser extent of it.

I always leave a pocket space for conspiracy in my thoughts...
If this was truly created for population control, it will graduate.
A giant leap from lacing a towns water supply with LSD or starting secret wars in California...but hey....China and the one percenters need their space.
Or speaking of space...oh the avenues...

Will everyone learn to live with less because of this or will excess just jump up more?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

They haven't learned a thing, as a matter of fact I've seen far worse spending than black friday xmas shopping.  

Do you think the government actually encouraged people to become lazy with all this stimulus $$ and then adding that $600 extra on their unemployment checks?

Go to page:
Go to: