Go to page:

Could you live in a Tiny House?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

I could be happy in a tiny house provided there was room to navigate without having to go around things, including most people.

If there is something other than an animal in my way, I'm going to pitch it out the fucking door.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I could live in a tiny house if it was just me. I have a knack of making a living space seem bigger than it is,

poet Anonymous

roach in stage coach Sou da romantic. To be that small, and have a whole stagecoach in the old timey time

i.d rather a boat than a tiny house, but i can't sail, and open water would drive me monotonous, but to park it at a rented slip and live on it there sounds marvelous.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

OMGosh yes, yes, yes,
I lived in a tent for a total of three years a few weeks, a month break now and then
In the desert Southwest where conditions can be extreme.
I hauled my own water and cooked over the fire

The space had to remain organised, bins had to seal, bedding had to be rolled or hung outside to air every, every day to prevent spiders making a home
I had a braided rug for flooring and lined the walls with tapestries
Big round pillows for seating a bookcase and small white(clear) Christmas lights for lighting. An inverter and car batteries

Had a wood stove (inside) in the winter and a DIY swamp coolers with a fan and bucket of water in the 100°+ summers
By myself although my son camped 1 mile away

❤️Loved every minute of it

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

My dream for after I’ve finished raising my last boy is to buy an RV and live in it, traveling to see all the places I’ve missed.  I am absolutely looking forward to it.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

hemihead said:
Any zoo will answer this for you too, with the exception of a few worldwide who offer fenceless zoos and real habitats.

If you really want to push it, watch Blackfish, and see where intelligence and isolation will get you. Hint: you will start eating people.

Dammit! Forgot to put that on my list! I shall make a point to watch it!

LunaGreyhawk said:My dream for after I’ve finished raising my last boy is to buy an RV and live in it, traveling to see all the places I’ve missed.  I am absolutely looking forward to it.  

Ahavati said:

So put me on a highway and show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time. . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Tiny thread keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Now that I get all kinds of oddball Internet channels on my ginormous TV that will never fit in a tiny house, I watched about 3 dozen episodes of people tiny house hunting.

I love all the crazy ideas they come up with to be economical with space! But sleeping upside down in a closet like a bat just isn't for me!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

Alone, yes. With someone else? Firm No.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Young Biologist Builds Her Own Tiny House For $30,000

https://www.treehugger.com/biologist-builds-tiny-house-for-30k-5094356

But for those who believe that lack of building experience is a barrier to creating the home of their dreams, consider the story of Sequim, Washington-based shellfish biologist Tori, who built her own tiny house from scratch. Despite Tori's lack of prior construction experience, she was able to create a lovely little home for herself, while learning from her mistakes along the way.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Daytona Beach could soon have a tiny home village for homeless, elderly disabled

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/news/local/volusia/2021/01/10/daytona-beach-could-get-tiny-home-village-for-homeless-and-poor/6591976002/

"It's a permanent solution to their homelessness," Geallis said. "It's not just a stepping stone."

He envisions a peaceful community with some general rules where residents would get help from staff securing government benefits, finding a job and accessing healthcare. Some residents could open micro businesses in the village where they could employ their neighbors, and there would be places in the enclave to worship, get basic healthcare, take part in recreational activities and socialize.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2608

I've seen news on different states doing this I think it's a great idea
my hopes is the staff also know how to deal with PTSD
as I feel in some cases this fact alone could have contributed to their homelessness

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

I think it’s a great idea!  I’d love to see more states adopting similar programs, and I join Crimsin in hoping the staff is well-trained to deal with the mental health challenges many homeless folks face.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Check out this little vacation getaway beauty - it's beyond simple yet spacious.

https://www.contemporist.com/modern-tiny-house-surrounded-by-a-forest-in-hawaii/

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

JohnnyBlaze said:Check out this little vacation getaway beauty - it's beyond simple yet spacious.

https://www.contemporist.com/modern-tiny-house-surrounded-by-a-forest-in-hawaii/

That is my dream cabin; I could live there forever.  Once my last baby leaves home, I mean

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

I love this tiny cottage surrounded by nature.  Every time I see a pic of a little house like this, I save it lol.  

Go to page:
Go to: