How often do you go out during this corona virus crisis.

33.33% • 3 votes • Once a week
33.33% • 3 votes • twice a week
22.22% • 2 votes • I have not gone out since the outbreak in my country/city/state
11.11% • 1 vote • I go out everyday/anytime, I don't believe any of this hype/hoax
0% • 0 votes • huh, what are you talking about, what is going on, are we all part of Hollywood movie?
Total votes: 9
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

How often do you go out during this corona virus crisis.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

EdibleWords said:I never go out.

One person shops, sometimes friends.

I was appalled at news of the spiking domestic abuse...

We aren't near done seeing the extra consequences.

I'm starting to have nightmares.... cryptic ones, so far.... ripping my heart out. When hungry children are screaming and blood runs at home... Blood will then run everywhere...😳

I pray for the children all the time now. All the children.

My sweet Edible do not fear

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

I voted twice a week; I typically get groceries once and then maybe ( not every week ) have to run out for something else midweek.  Always wear a mask and a protective roll on.  

I am wondering how much the world will change after this. I envision the politics of homeschooling so the public education budget can be cut ( what's left of it ), thus diverting more toward their favorite allotment—defense!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

Ahavati said:I voted twice a week; I typically get groceries once and then maybe ( not every week ) have to run out for something else midweek.  Always wear a mask and a protective roll on.  

I am wondering how much the world will change after this. I envision the politics of homeschooling so the public education budget can be cut ( what's left of it ), thus diverting more toward their favorite allotment—defense!

i'm actually quite afraid of this. right now we in america are guaranteed FAPE (free appropriate public education). this includes our kids with disabilities. if budgets keep getting cut, i wonder how much longer it will be before people want to change the law to not guarantee FAPE and the rights of disabled people.    

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:I voted twice a week; I typically get groceries once and then maybe ( not every week ) have to run out for something else midweek.  Always wear a mask and a protective roll on.  

The best Defense is a good 75% Off-ense.

It sounded funnier in my mind.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

DaisyGrace said:

i'm actually quite afraid of this. right now we in america are guaranteed FAPE (free appropriate public education). this includes our kids with disabilities. if budgets keep getting cut, i wonder how much longer it will be before people want to change the law to not guarantee FAPE and the rights of disabled people.  

I first became aware of that issue when I was in high school and my neighbor was fighting the county school board for access to public education for her disabled daughter. I remember it being a long, hard, fight that lasted years.  

But, I remember her winning the most. Hopefully that part of history will not repeat itself. It is so very sad how little is invested toward education in this country.

JohnnyBlaze said:

The best Defense is a good 75% Off-ense.

It sounded funnier in my mind.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

DaisyGrace said:

I'm actually quite afraid of this. right now we in America are guaranteed FAPE (free appropriate public education). this includes our kids with disabilities. if budgets keep getting cut, i wonder how much longer it will be before people want to change the law to not guarantee FAPE and the rights of disabled people.    

From personal experience, the rights of disabled people will be the last to be whittled down.  The money allotted for the disabled and the accommodations will always be there the question that would remain is would it be circulated.  It could sit in a fund with a legal-sounding name yet not used   I agree with you on FAPE it seems its been a long time coming in the sense "they" have wanted to scale back or eliminate education as we know it the claim to social distancing which may be with us indefinitely would be just the thing to empty the schools dumb down our youth and would inevitably be the demise of any reputable future leaders in America

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

Valeriya said:

From personal experience, the rights of disabled people will be the last to be whittled down.  The money allotted for the disabled and the accommodations will always be there the question that would remain is would it be circulated.  It could sit in a fund with a legal-sounding name yet not used   I agree with you on FAPE it seems its been a long time coming in the sense "they" have wanted to scale back or eliminate education as we know it the claim to social distancing which may be with us indefinitely would be just the thing to empty the schools dumb down our youth and would inevitably be the demise of any reputable future leaders in America

I'm not sure what your personal experience is, but mine is already a fight to keep services and make sure my kids get the same opportunities as others. right now, since they are home, it has been a nightmare to keep up with therapies and school work. and my school district isn't particularly helping. my kids' rights are already starting to dwindle.

and if that can be accepted now, because 'we have to take care of everyone else right now' what's to say it won't continue to happen when things go back to normal?

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

DaisyGrace said:

I'm not sure what your personal experience is, but mine is already a fight to keep services and make sure my kids get the same opportunities as others. right now, since they are home, it has been a nightmare to keep up with therapies and school work. and my school district isn't particularly helping. my kids' rights are already starting to dwindle.

and if that can be accepted now, because 'we have to take care of everyone else right now' what's to say it won't continue to happen when things go back to normal?

Sweetheart, I wasn't attacking you I apologize if you took it that way.  My experience is 15 years as an educator California Public Schools Specializing in Severely Disabled
The developmental range of the students being 0-2 yes with an actual age range of 14-22 years
I was a team member of the Crisis Intervention Team for Disaster Preparedness.  The team was comprised of educators like myself and school board members
Our mission was to evacuate the students safely in the wake of a disaster.
Our mock drills consisted of evacuation in a timely manner and budget in times of disaster.
The mock budget meetings were lengthy due to the fact that "they" were consistently robbing Spec Ed monies and adding it to the slush fund
I was opposed to this the monies should be left to further homeschooling for the students in times of crisis or disaster. In the finalized agreement the monies allocated for Spec Ed were left in control of the Dept Chair who in turn froze the funds
That's why I say the money may be there they just don't use it. Your school district's disaster preparedness budget should be available to you through public records.  I would consult an advocate on the state level if I were you
My best to you in this time of crisis

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

Valeriya said:

Sweetheart, I wasn't attacking you I apologize if you took it that way.  My experience is 15 years as an educator California Public Schools Specializing in Severely Disabled
The developmental range of the students being 0-2 yes with an actual age range of 14-22 years
I was a team member of the Crisis Intervention Team for Disaster Preparedness.  The team was comprised of educators like myself and school board members
Our mission was to evacuate the students safely in the wake of a disaster.
Our mock drills consisted of evacuation in a timely manner and budget in times of disaster.
The mock budget meetings were lengthy due to the fact that "they" were consistently robbing Spec Ed monies and adding it to the slush fund
I was opposed to this the monies should be left to further homeschooling for the students in times of crisis or disaster. In the finalized agreement the monies allocated for Spec Ed were left in control of the Dept Chair who in turn froze the funds
That's why I say the money may be there they just don't use it. Your school district's disaster preparedness budget should be available to you through public records.  I would consult an advocate on the state level if I were you
My best to you in this time of crisis

I didn’t think you were attacking, I was just saying hey, I don’t know your experience but here’s mine.

I guess I’m just worried because group homes have been told that residents need to sign DNRs right now. Basically being told “we won’t waste our time on you so we can help someone able bodied.” And I guess I just don’t have as much faith in the system as you do because I’ve seen students (my previous students and my own kids) get looked over in favor of “the greater good.”

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

DaisyGrace said:

I didn’t think you were attacking, I was just saying hey, I don’t know your experience but here’s mine.

I guess I’m just worried because group homes have been told that residents need to sign DNRs right now. Basically being told “we won’t waste our time on you so we can help someone able bodied.” And I guess I just don’t have as much faith in the system as you do because I’ve seen students (my previous students and my own kids) get looked over in favor of “the greater good.”

I

I completely agree people with disabilities especially young people are at greater risk now during this crisis.  Their independence we have fight so hard for being taken away by the most disgusting decisions such as DNR's
I do not have faith in the system the students of mine that were in group homes lacked in many areas where adaptive utilities we're concerned such as missing rivets and frayed velcro on leg braces it didn't matter that we cared that they look their best while in public I wish you the best Much Love V

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

If it comes to that, home schooling that is...I'm not sure how it will play with both parents at work?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Poor Parents, Poor Kids... All Grounded

EdibleWords
Go To Page  
Sympathy for parents... found quotes to paraphrase and comment on, condensing my poem about "Corona Grounding!"

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

I only go out to get groceries, for myself and my grandparents. ..and to spend time with my boyfriend.. But he always picks me up and drops me off. Although we did go for a walk in a forest near my house last week .. we mainly stay indoors, watch movies, cook together and play Xbox or other games. At first I thought it was too big of a risk for us to see each other...but I think it's okay so long as we're both careful,..and he promised me he would let me know right away if he felt sick.

I do not wear a mask, but do try my best to keep at least a 2 meter distance from people, and always use hand sanitizer. If I lived in Riga (Latvia's capital city) where there are many more cases of Covid 19, I would probably wear a mask.

I wouldn't say I'm very scared, but I really can't wait for things to go back to normal.... If that's even possible.

Interesting link I found today: https://coronaviruschart.com/

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Today is Easter and its gloomy where I am, talk about nature reflecting what's inside.  My family invited me over (there are 4 members in that particular family) to have tacos with them.  I miss them.  I have not seen them for a month even though they only live 5 min from me.  I told them i'll come for a bit just to see the kids.  I'll take my mask and gloves just to be on the safe side, i'm thinking more about them than me, to protect them in case i have something.  I wish i could take a gift with me for the kids, but i hate the idea of going to the store.   I wish my aunt Eliza was around right now she'd kick everyone in the butt to snap us out of this funk.  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

just 7pm here, happy to have slept through most of it. had to go out and get stuff in the shops, fairly empty

I dont go out as much now, police have their new powers  signed into law.  when I do and it's not for shopping I go out at night. sometimes I might meet a couple of friends , have a chat and a smoke (while keeping the distance) we're allowed roughly 3 / 3.5 kilometers of walk/ exorcise

was saying yesterday its beginning to feel like prison. there not a huge problem here compared to most countries I think we've less than 400 dead

Where I am theres aboutc12 people in hospital, i dont see or hear any ambulances and have walked the periphery of the hospital on occasion, it's all faily calm

Is am braced mentally for a peak and some (more) hell on earth, but to be honest I think we're probably gonna get by with minimum fatalities, that said, I've been wrong once so y'never know

bit of a cunt watching Swedes walking around with hardly any cautions bar the 2 metre distance sometimes

thank god Patrick's day was cancelled, didn't get too many foreigners coming over here with their disease

Go to page:
Go to: