How often do you go out during this corona virus crisis.

33.33% • 3 votes • Once a week
33.33% • 3 votes • twice a week
22.22% • 2 votes • I have not gone out since the outbreak in my country/city/state
11.11% • 1 vote • I go out everyday/anytime, I don't believe any of this hype/hoax
0% • 0 votes • huh, what are you talking about, what is going on, are we all part of Hollywood movie?
Total votes: 9
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

How often do you go out during this corona virus crisis.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Share what you feel in this thread, this is a place to share personal feelings, thoughts without outside links, or experts clouding your gut feeling.

Why do you go out?
To get necessities?
Do you shop for 'other' things?
Do you go out to check other family members/friends?
Do you wear protective gear; like gloves, masks and do you carry sanitizer with you?
Do you make sure you or anyone around you are 6 feet apart from each other in public?
Are you really scared?
From the virus itself?
or more so from the aftermath like laws and economy?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I will share that i'd been working steadily up until this past friday but I decided to take a voluntary (with company approved) leave of 2 weeks and the recommended way was to use up my sick days and/or vacation time earned which amounted to 2 weeks.  I am stepping out tomorrow (it's been 3 days now) to get some milk and vegetables but otherwise i'd be home the rest of the week.  I have not seen my family for over 3 weeks and most likely i will not see them for a month or so..but i will return to work after the 18th and hope for the best.

For some reason the virus itself does not scary me, i'm more scared of the aftermath like job security and tighter laws.

Edited: During work when I was working i did wear gloves for the past 2 weeks and the last few days a mask but honestly i hated wearing it, it felt uncomfortable and a nuisance but i did whenever i was around people.  I don't own a sanitizer and tomorrow when i go out i'll just wear gloves becaue i don't plan on being out that long, probably one store to get what i need and leave.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

I never go out.

One person shops, sometimes friends.

I was appalled at news of the spiking domestic abuse...

We aren't near done seeing the extra consequences.

I'm starting to have nightmares.... cryptic ones, so far.... ripping my heart out. When hungry children are screaming and blood runs at home... Blood will then run everywhere...😳

I pray for the children all the time now. All the children.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Everybody thinks it. 💭

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

I'll preface this with I reckon my life has been leading to this point in time because basically I'm an introvert (though I have my moments), I live on my own and I write. Perfect situation for self-isolation in this time of COVID19. I'm also lucky in that I have a great outlook from my house, i.e. lots of natural bush. 😉 For the last 4 wks I've been out once a wk to get some food. I keep in contact with friends via phone, text, or video calls. Have to admit there are times when I hope no one calls but it's not just about me, it's about those friends of mine who are finding this very difficult. Tonight the poetry group I usually attend is doing it online via zoom. Should be interesting.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I heard the same thing as well.  
And about children who tend to get abused at home now being stuck with their parents and only god knows what's going on with frustrations extreme during this crisis.  

EdibleWords said:I never go out.

One person shops, sometimes friends.

I was appalled at news of the spiking domestic abuse...

We aren't near done seeing the extra consequences.

I'm starting to have nightmares.... cryptic ones, so far.... ripping my heart out. When hungry children are screaming and blood runs at home... Blood will then run everywhere...😳

I pray for the children all the time now. All the children.

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1878

I go out for work and weekly shop. Thats it

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I stepped out yesterday to get some vegetables and the place I normally go to is always crowded and not much had changed except everyone was wearing some kind of mask and only handful like myself were not.  i"m not sure why but after getting home i felt so depressed, my concentration level was so low, i couldn't read, i couldn't write and couldn't watch anything.  
Besides everything else that seems doomed i'm realizing i'm spending more money (that i don't have much of already in this uncertainty)  The way i have always shopped is not working right now like look at sales, specials and plan my shopping trip(s) accordingly.  Stores do not have their sale flyers anymore so basically you pay what they have and most often the cheaper/off brand or better buys are sold out.  I was thinking of people less fortunate than I who really can't afford.

On my way home, at a stop light i had seen a homeless man with his cart of plastic bags, he was holding a styrofoam box of some leftover food peeking at it.  And i realized he must be struggling more than the norm, people are doing mostly drive thru/pickups nowadays and most likely discarding their leftovers at their homes and homeless people have less access to public trash to find their meals.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1373

i can't answer the poll because my answer is "I go out daily for work and shop once a week for food and necessaries." My kids and husband have basically been at home and haven't left since school was shut down three weeks ago. I say basically because we live in a very open, rural area. so they are outside lots of the day.

if i could stay home, i would. we'd be a go out every two weeks kind of family.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Who here is more terrified of the damage done by reacting this way?

Could we slip into total chaos?

I'm trying to think of all the lives saved by not taking extra risks...
not seeing doctors (when they go on strike death rates drop, lol)

and even more.... maybe food is being saved more...
With so many adults at home.

... in other news...

My daughter, Songbird, is freaking out but she learned to use sewing patterns...

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I guess the question is after all this is settled.
How will we change our lives?
What will we do differently?
What did we learn from all this?

Personally, I know I will concentrate on saving every penny so that I can leave the larger city to a smaller community.  From listening/reading others it seems like the smaller communities are able to maintain their daily routines better than the ones living in larger cities and ofcourse less people means less of a chance for exposure.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Finger Smudge the Devil's Wet Paint

EdibleWords
Go To Page  
I hope we learn the value of love and staying together when things get rough. This kid was produced when it was never easy to last ten years, let alone twenty!

It's the devil's defeat.... because of that I made a YouTube vid I hope blows up...

Because love... not giving up... will make more babies... and grow them, too.

AnonymousBystander
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 226

Layla said:I guess the question is after all this is settled.
How will we change our lives?
What will we do differently?
What did we learn from all this?

Personally, I know I will concentrate on saving every penny so that I can leave the larger city to a smaller community.  From listening/reading others it seems like the smaller communities are able to maintain their daily routines better than the ones living in larger cities and ofcourse less people means less of a chance for exposure.

Go out once a day for exercise.  Working from home.

As to Layla's questions ... I wonder if there will be political changes.  Eg, a basic income / more home working, a lot of it enforced / maybe a further challenge to globalism?

Go to page:
Go to: