Go to page:

Corona Time

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5149

lepperochan said:I think there's an opportunity here in terms of workers. well it could go either way

frontline or essential workers are now the saviours of humanity (paraphrase)  in terms of wages I wonder if the money will match the high esteem or will they be lt be the same low wage but much sought after job because of esteem enjoyed  





Well, some front line workers such a food industry people , have gotten a couple dollars an hour, temporary raise , while this is going on, at least in my general neck of the woods .

Other front line workers such as myself , are most happy that the world finally knows what a lab tech is, and does, now. Unfortunately, in my already critically understaffed profession , it’ll probably drive everyone away from wanting to go into this field, for fear of the cootie factor .  

This virus is nothing new for us—we treat all samples as if they’re potentially biohazardous, but with all the hype now —ain’t no one gonna want to be a tech, now, and work with human blood & body fluids.

So while we’re currently in the spotlight , it’ll eventually bite us, because we’ll be even more short staffed, then none of us will ever be able to retire, someday , I’m order to keep labs open .

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1188

MadameLavender said:

The opening post in this thread, said that it was started for the needs of many.  I don’t know about you , but I do need (and enjoy) a good thread-douche, at times .  


I am so sorry about what happened at the other thread. I know I can remember reacting to a couple reactions.... that I probably should have passed over....


hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

nikkimoe said:I have a bag ready to go. I have a pound of weed, 24 packs of zigszags. A rifle.
4 or more pounds of silver for new world currency. Some gold, lol
Ive been stocking up on antibiotics for a few years. I have inhalers, bandages, shit like that, granola bars, charcoal filter. Matches, lighters all types of random things. I just have to make it to my friends property up north. All back roads no highways.... Always good to be prepared.

I also have a few hundred pounds of brass ive been collecting from all over for years,
in my mind ill be the bullet maker. 😂😂


Good thinking. I’d hunt with snares and keep the brass as currency, or the resultant bullets ( assuming you have shells and gunpowder, suitable know how and equipment)  for “home protection”.

The weed you really should to me.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1188

Miss_Sub said:Also, Ahavati I would like to personally apologise, however I was also somewhat  “scalped” in that thread too with many brash statements by said individual who flared up because they couldn’t take a joke.

I do recognise the time and effort you and others have put into that thread in regards to facts and figures, and frankly somebody wading in with an alternative agenda to stomp over a lot of effort was just not something I could let slide. At all.

That’s just not cricket.

That being said, regardless of my own opinions on Corona virus, I do hope some form of order is restored.

Anyway. Do carry on. Thank you and goodnight.


I don't remember having an issue with you or whatever... but i said enough. Hope you weren't thinking of me... cause then I don't remember... 🌹

I don't think Ahavati deserved the kind of reaction she got.

She had ordinary, reasonable expectations. She knows what to expect... she's a mod. I've participated on just enough boards to know she's right.

Me, im that girl who got scratched by her really cool cat at 11 years old because i had to try to jump in to bring my cat home at the end of a cat-spat...

That thread was a delicate situation and I brought my clumsy hams.😨

Love ya-alls... 💖💖💖🙏

hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

MadameLavender said:

Well, some front line workers such a food industry people , have gotten a couple dollars an hour, temporary raise , while this is going on, at least in my general neck of the woods .

Other front line workers such as myself , are most happy that the world finally knows what a lab tech is, and does, now. Unfortunately, in my already critically understaffed profession , it’ll probably drive everyone away from wanting to go into this field, for fear of the cootie factor .  

This virus is nothing new for us—we treat all samples as if they’re potentially biohazardous, but with all the hype now —ain’t no one gonna want to be a tech, now, and work with human blood & body fluids.

So while we’re currently in the spotlight , it’ll eventually bite us, because we’ll be even more short staffed, then none of us will ever be able to retire, someday , I’m order to keep labs open .


Had a girlfriend once who did her BMLS, then lasted one summer before she realised the reality of coming in to a lab every day...so went back for another 6 years to do medicine!

Have a niece studying for BMLS now and volunteering in a lab. She loves it...very process oriented person, with high attention to detail,

I’d be making mud pies with stool samples by mid Monday morning.

nikkimoe
nikkimoe
Dangerous Mind
United States
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 247

Before this i was just throwing the ends of my joints away, now they go in a special box. 😂😂

hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

nikkimoe said:Before this i was just throwing the ends of my joints away, now they go in a special box. 😂😂


My god....heathen. Here you only smoke your roach joints (we don’t spliff of mix with tobacco) with your most special guests.

nikkimoe
nikkimoe
Dangerous Mind
United States
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 247

hemihead said:


My god....heathen. Here you only smoke your roach joints (we don’t spliff of mix with tobacco) with your most special guests.



I had a friend Esa from the U.K. and i hated spiffs, thats all he wanted to smoke...it was like watered down booze.
😂

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5149

hemihead said:

Had a girlfriend once who did her BMLS, then lasted one summer before she realised the reality of coming in to a lab every day...so went back for another 6 years to do medicine!

Have a niece studying for BMLS now and volunteering in a lab. She loves it...very process oriented person, with high attention to detail,

I’d be making mud pies with stool samples by mid Monday morning.



You’re hired !  Hope you don’t mind 11-7 overnight shift

Good on your niece —lab tech schools are closing everywhere because of low enrollment . This might be my last year teaching lab techs —can’t find a replacement program director for where I teach so we may get shut down .

Sad , because we’ve actually called techs out of retirement, where I am, it’s so horrible with no staff.   Between Friday and this weekend , I’ve put in 32 hours already . Exhausting,  but loving my paycheck and I truly do love the type of work—-been doing it 33 years now.

Couple of websites I use in class , that your niece may benefit from:

https://armandoh.org/

https://www.bbguy.org/



Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705


Hello

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1188

Valeriya said:Hello i have been a bad thread hostess! And your posts are rockin!!

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

EdibleWords said:i have been a bad thread hostess! And your posts are rockin!!

They absolutely are I said in my comment that went missing how healthy this is

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1188

Valeriya said:

They absolutely are I said in my comment that went missing how healthy this is


Missing comments? Annoying!!

I wondered if that's what you meant!


Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

EdibleWords said:

Missing comments? Annoying!!

I wondered if that's what you meant!



Yes Edible sister went missing no big deal I was saying how much I like what people were saying they were expressing their thoughts their feelings sharing things freely like brothers and sisters without judgment It felt as if they knew they could express anything It helps to get things off your chest to free your mind a bit even if no one comments back at least you were able to say it without restriction We can't back our feelings with data or actual links Thanks much Edible sis for opening this thread

hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

Signs I didn’t think this through: just realised the gps coordinates for my bug-out booty has been wiped off my handheld gps last time up updated the map.

Well ain’t that a bitch!

Go to page:
Go to: