Go to page:

Corona Time

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6095

MadameLavender said:I’m just gonna jump in here, since the other corona thread turned into a blood bath:

A reminder that yes, we all have a right to freedom of speech and expression , but all freedoms must be used in conjunction with wisdom.  Just because you can, doesn’t always mean that you should.

Some of you are concerned about corona being a government control /societal takeover —well , guess what?  Every time you cause division by personally attacking others around you, you’ve played right into what you didn’t want to to have happen : more rules and regulations from those in positions of power , greater than ours.  They thrive on social collapse and division so they can swoop in and look like the big heros, saving everything and everyone, when in fact we could have saved ourselves with a little common courtesy and regard for others.

There’s my rant, and kindly save the report button for the major butt-hurts that don’t seem to understand the aforementioned civility toward others; we don’t need to rack up 30+ reports for all the little boo-hoo’s, because someone just doesn’t like someone else.  Get over it, and play nice in the sandbox.

Carry on


So the other thread is locked now because the thread-starter was personally attacked? Or is it being cleaned up?

Just asking for clarification.  A shit-ton of time, research, and effort went into that thread for it to be locked because a mob derailed it. Don't you think?

Not sure who your comment about the report button was directed to, but I reported nothing but off-topic and abusive posts. Because that's what we're supposed to do. Ignore. Report. Ignore. Report.  Ignore. Report.

Right?

I told you I was okay with whatever was said; I wasn't taking anything personally. I just wanted my thread back.    

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

So the other thread is locked now because the thread-starter was personally attacked? Or is it being cleaned up?

Just asking for clarification.  A shit-ton of research and effort went into that thread for it to be locked because a mob derailed it. Don't you think?


Maybe we need th thread for the robust debate of both sides of the arguement One for the pro isolation and one for the pro freedom to stop the. Interruptions in the main body of the threads?

Or am I now an authoritarian suggesting social division based on the differing opinions of others....

Or am I making this a partisan issue so we can try and find some middle ground?

The truth is probably closer to the centre of both arguements than we would like to admit

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5151


Ahavati said:

So the other thread is locked now because the thread-starter was personally attacked? Or is it being cleaned up?

Just asking for clarification.  A shit-ton of time, research, and effort went into that thread for it to be locked because a mob derailed it. Don't you think?


Please stand by while Serv-Pro, finishes up.

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8883

Also, Ahavati I would like to personally apologise, however I was also somewhat  “scalped” in that thread too with many brash statements by said individual who flared up because they couldn’t take a joke.

I do recognise the time and effort you and others have put into that thread in regards to facts and figures, and frankly somebody wading in with an alternative agenda to stomp over a lot of effort was just not something I could let slide. At all.

That’s just not cricket.

That being said, regardless of my own opinions on Corona virus, I do hope some form of order is restored.

Anyway. Do carry on. Thank you and goodnight.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6095

MadameLavender said:

Please stand by while Serv-Pro, finishes up.


Thank you SO MUCH!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6095

Miss_Sub said:Also, Ahavati I would like to personally apologise, however I was also somewhat  “scalped” in that thread too with many brash statements by said individual who flared up because they couldn’t take a joke.

I do recognise the time and effort you and others have put into that thread in regards to facts and figures, and frankly somebody wading in with an alternative agenda to stomp over a lot of effort was just not something I could let slide. At all.

That’s just not cricket.

That being said, regardless of my own opinions on Corona virus, I do hope some form of order is restored.

Anyway. Do carry on. Thank you and goodnight.


Thank you, Missy.  I truly appreciate that.  And I'm sorry the thread got so out of control and you were attacked. No one deserves that.  

I honestly felt so bad for you. Hopefully things will get back on track for everyone. These are trying times.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6095

Commentonly said:

Maybe we need th thread for the robust debate of both sides of the arguement One for the pro isolation and one for the pro freedom to stop the. Interruptions in the main body of the threads?

Or am I now an authoritarian suggesting social division based on the differing opinions of others....

Or am I making this a partisan issue so we can try and find some middle ground?

The truth is probably closer to the centre of both arguements than we would like to admit


No; Craic actually stepped in trying to separate, which is why this thread exists to begin with.  But some members just weren't having it.

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705


Excuse Me this thread was developed for the interaction between those who have agreed to disagree and to share our thoughts on Corona
Not for apologies or the sanitization of another thread

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1617

....................................A Pox On Your Lips........................................


Please Be Honest As Promised Just Go Ahead Call It Censorship

When You Want To Program My Mind And Then Steal Seal My Lips

When You Want To Set The Font And Write The Word Apocalypse

See You Tomorrow Maybe I Won't Regardless You Will Be Missed

I Plan On Waking In The Morning Sun I Have Not Yet Had All My Fun

I Heard Word You Were Not So Sure Let Me Know When You Are Done

Fear And Scare Just Be Aware Scare And Fear Let Me Make It Ever So Clear

I Got My Ward On The Door Veve On The Floor No Disease Shall Enter Here

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5151

Valeriya said:Excuse Me this thread was developed for the interaction between those who have agreed to disagree and to share our thoughts on Corona
Not for apologies or the sanitization of another thread


The opening post in this thread, said that it was started for the needs of many.  I don’t know about you , but I do need (and enjoy) a good thread-douche, at times .  

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13334

I think there's an opportunity here in terms of workers. well it could go either way

frontline or essential workers are now the saviours of humanity (paraphrase)  in terms of wages I wonder if the money will match the high esteem or will they be lt be the same low wage but much sought after job because of esteem enjoyed  




hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

I'm just here for the sluts.

(I am growing increasingly alarmed at;

- right wing rhetoric from governments, now it has been pointed out to me
- how badly India is handling this
- how badly the US is still trending (cases doubling every 2.5 days)
- the overall effect on the world economy, not because I care about money, but because of the suffering and environmental damage that will occur. I cannot see a path other than depression (not recession), and it doesn't help that economists who are free to speak on it, and are credible, are shouting it!
- I think there is a high risk of civil unrest on the US as they approach an election. I don't care if that pile of shit burns itself to the ground (being honest here), but this is the most heavily armed nation on the planet....with nukes.


I'm a sensible guy, living on a boat that is maintained at all times in oceangoing condition, with cash in the bank to last 3 years before touching anything else. I have 4 ounces of gold buried in a bay in the Marlborough Sounds, and I own a brand new house freehold. I have a bug-out plan. I do this cos it suits my politics and disposition to have "fuck you" money.

This is the first time in my life I have felt a shiver of fear that I may actually need these things.

To feel like this in what is a position of massive privilege makes me wonder what the fuck must be happening for someone who needs their meds every day)

nikkimoe
nikkimoe
Dangerous Mind
United States
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 249

I have a bag ready to go. I have a pound of weed, 24 packs of zigszags. A rifle.
4 or more pounds of silver for new world currency. Some gold, lol
Ive been stocking up on antibiotics for a few years. I have inhalers, bandages, shit like that, granola bars, charcoal filter. Matches, lighters all types of random things. I just have to make it to my friends property up north. All back roads no highways.... Always good to be prepared.

I also have a few hundred pounds of brass ive been collecting from all over for years,
in my mind ill be the bullet maker. 😂😂

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13334

certainly the people who seek tighter border control will have a louder voice, and more violent tendencies. far as right wing  governments go haven't seen much of Hungry or Austria on the news. I wonder if their fences worked


hemihead
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1682

lepperochan said:certainly the people who seek tighter border control will have a louder voice, and more violent tendencies. far as right wing  governments go haven't seen much of Hungry or Austria on the news. I wonder if their fences worked



Seeing that immediately. Apparently those pesky Mexicans want to keep all the pox-ridden yanks out....howling for a wall....

Go to page:
Go to: