Page:

My first time , bear with me please .

Sexyseaschelle
Seaschelle_Fairy
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 10th Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 10

Ok so I'm new to DU and am still learning my way around here. Lol ..
But I been in a dark place in my life fot awhile now and I was wondering...you know how we all have good days and we feel good about ourselves and we look good and things just seem like it's all gonna be ok?
And then we have bad days where it all sucks.
I haven't had a good day in such a long time.  Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Majority of us here do, so welcome to Du.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

Hi, Welcome to the DeepSide.  

I think everyone experiences good days and bad days.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Sexyseaschelle said:Ok so I'm new to DU and am still learning my way around here. Lol ..
But I been in a dark place in my life fot awhile now and I was wondering...you know how we all have good days and we feel good about ourselves and we look good and things just seem like it's all gonna be ok?
And then we have bad days where it all sucks.
I haven't had a good day in such a long time.  Does anyone else ever feel this way?

With 10 kids there's drama every few minutes. I live on coffee and forget to relax. I feel like DUP is the closest i get to relief from that sometimes...

Sexyseaschelle
Seaschelle_Fairy
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 10th Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 10

I know we all have good days and bad days but j haven't has a good day in a long time and it's starting to really get me down.   The older I get the harder it seems to be for me to accept life on life's terms and I know I got no choice right? It is what it is but I don't want to feel this way the reso of my life and I don't expect you to have the answers darlin  . I just wondered if anyone else felt like their good days were all behind them. I feel I've lost hope .

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Mhm. I've had a time in my life that was kinda like what you're describing.
..I started reading a lot of psychology books, realized I was depressed, stumbled upon Jordan Peterson and somehow weathered the storm.

As it turns out, I most likely had situational depression.

Here's a good article that describes the differences between situational depression and clinical depression:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314698

&

Some amazing advice by Jordan Peterson https://youtu.be/6c9Uu5eILZ8

He also talks about people needing at least 3 or 4 of the following things in life:

- friends

- stable/healthy romantic relationship

- healthy family life/good relationship with family

- job, ..something which puts you in a hierarchy/gives value.

- a hobby..something which is meaningful to you

- Children

adagio
Tyrant of Words
United States 4awards
Joined 15th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 289

I draw comfort in writing. Especially now, since I have closed my bookshop until...

Page:
Go to: