Admin -..............

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

what say You?

You've ignored this potential problem for weeks if not years and now here we are!!

This competition voting Back-up is only the beginning ---------- but You all probably know this -- unless You are all was ignoring potential Q's and or intquiries  :P

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

LOL! I hope it's fixed before April 1st!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

i have NO problem turning over the running of this comp to a MORE (politically) POPULAR Poet.
a Spiller of a  better balance and standing within this community.  

___then, perhaps, this will eliminate any and or all
controversy.  

Who would like to wrest this burden from me?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:i have NO problem turning over the running of this comp to a MORE (politically) POPULAR Poet.
a Spiller of a  better balance and standing within this community.  

___then, perhaps, this will eliminate any and or all
controversy.  

Who would like to wrest this burden from me?

Perhaps a better solution is for the USS Stanza to beam down a landing party to address it?

You're doing a wonderful job, Tallen. You have ALWAYS been kind to newcomers at DU, thus deserve to run this comp. This too shall pass, my friend. xo

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Tallen said:what say You?

You've ignored this potential problem for weeks if not years and now here we are!!

This competition voting Back-up is only the beginning ---------- but You all probably know this -- unless You are all was ignoring potential Q's and or intquiries  :P

sorry for the inconvenience.  Josh was asked to pick a winner for his spoken word of the month feb comp also

Its not about status or pc. it's about finding people to vote for competition entries, I'm not sure what you expect Admin to do about it other than try force people to vote

for now, since you're the person running the comp you've been asked to pick a winner. you could try doing that, or if you feel you may be biased ask someone else to pick a winner for you

(Probably best since it would cut out any accusations n such)

It's not ideal, but it's the way it is for the time being.

If you feel the system doesn't serve the comp, switch it to manually picked winner, be it yourself or a small panel

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen that sounds very fair.  I appreciate you not wanting to solely pick a winner to represent DU, as it's a DU function. Just pick an even number of people who you feel are fair, get them to submit their pick. Then break the tie if there is one.

I would suggest a poll, but that's not anonymous.   The bottom line is that hosts may eventually have to assume responsibility for their competitions, regardless of whether or not it's a DU comp.  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Yes, we're backed up on voting comps right now--there's a number of mega-entry ones in voting that are clogging it up.  Everyone please go vote in them so we can get more into the queue.  We have about 4 in line waiting.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Sigh. Q is already causing trouble and it's not even NaPo yet!  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

i squeaked in the comp for public vote
and so all this positive and negative rhetoric is moot now  

Page:
Go to: