Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Valeriya said:Hemi, Hemi, Hemi
.... Your genius status has resulted in a closed mind

Yeah... he should be less open to NBC...
More open to real press briefings from the Whitehouse.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

EdibleWords said:

Yeah... he should be less open to NBC...
More open to real press briefings from the Whitehouse.

Who is leading them? The doctor, or the killer of the vulnerable? I usually stream them each day, but the latest one I’m seeing is about 5 hours ago.

I have a very macabre bet running about how many people dying it takes for people to want to hear an expert in the US. 15000. That is a horrible thing to say.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

What makes it horrible ?

And how many more conceived tonight ,
because people are hiding out , home in bed ?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

hemihead said:

For some of us, thinking is not effort.

No , not effort...

I never referenced effort...pressure is the point...

I did notice your methods of attempting to "demolish"
one who disagrees with you...I had to laugh...

( poem 26th of August , 2019 )

So , shall *all* of us , including the one who began this thread ,
continue to proceed , while agreeing to disagree ?

Or is there going to have to be a battle over who is right ?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

hemihead said:
I have a very macabre bet running about how many people dying it takes for people to want to hear an expert in the US. 15000. That is a horrible thing to say.

👏😆

Well not to hammer your point home... 😵🔨

...but I generally ignore it all. I'm a Libertarian turned a-political... night to be confused with an anarchist...

I'm shocked to be cheering on Dr Birx... and friends, for example. Whatever!

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

exposing the whole population to the spread as such without interventions of the so- social distancing done now...is the fastest shortest natural way of attaining herd immunity & a vaccine thus.

now given that the R0 is around 2.8 as per experts   (Reproduction Number= the effective spread from one infected to others, in this case from one spreads to 2.8 ) (some predict pessimistic as up to 5 or around it) ...thus left unchecked the figures of 55% of population need be infected to achieve herd immunity (given the more % of deaths as in China, Italy, thus higher R0 will equal more ..like 70% of infected population ..to achieve herd immunity)

social distancing..what China gas done in Wuhan & what others are doing ..are only buying time in the cycle & not breaking or killing the cycle... which is impossible naturally until as living beings..  & aspiring to go back to normal lifestyle again...

isolation is just taking our lil space  of a time & slowing down the cycle ... & meanwhile paying n acting against the time lost & lacunas.. like for example in India...which is just entering the community spread stage, one can see how much ppl are actually infected by manifestation of symptoms in those isolated & also increasing testing to actually get those in early stages of infection... Meanwhile also slowing down rate of death as spread is inhibited...but WAIT..the herd immunity (HI) achievement cycle is also DELAYED .. we can reach HI at a slower pace.. but with advantage of no deaths at this stage  ...

We in India  having 21 day massive Nationwide  lockdown (now in third day) which as per experts should have been done earlier... but at least now the better . .

What China reports as in Wuhan that it controlled this Virus which sounds optimistic n good ..is next to impossible n perhaps unnatural of a virus epidemic spread..  .they might have broken down the spread for a while... they might have tracked n tested at this time ..at what stage they actually are in the epidemic ..

And if China has attained herd immunity naturally..then it takes as per R0 , that 70% of their ppl were infected..which is impossible figure of 980 miliion ppl...had shared a link earlier, ( will do again, as you will fet similar details of experts elsewhere too)   .."COVID 19 a great Chinese puzzle" about the missing data or perhaps they dunn know the numbers ..n this also had led WHO to give a delayed alert of Pandemic status  to COVID 19 only on March 11... by the time, time is lost for other nations to gear up to its spread..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/covid-19-and-the-great-chinese-puzzle/article31167412.ece/amp/

another already shared link ..that clarifies this social distance n what lockdown does .. how herd immunity n R0 is defined in COVID contexts (generic defs.  n Indian context in particular)

https://www.bloombergquint.com/coronavirus-outbreak/coronavirus-outbreak-its-a-long-road-to-normal-says-leading-epidemiologist-j-muliyil

now each cluster or geography fighting this ..is at a different stage.. n social distancing is the only alternative of a physical measure.. invested now by almost all nations inspite of huge economic loss by this lockdown .. All Only to buy time... &not to sit idly  .but to actually test target aggressively against the virus.... WHO says thus  ..
https://tennews.in/lockdown-alone-is-not-enough-to-extinguish-coronavirus-use-this-time-to-attack-the-virus-who/

agrees to the views/ links shared  by hemihead on herd immunity/ vaccines/ social distance..n yes appreciates him for explaining all detailed n polite to Billy on this ...

stay safe dears.. isolation is new to the world at this point...it has lot of sudden psychological effects ..but larger than all this , we need to understand feel the magnitude of this novel virus, the high infection rate n deaths it has & is causing... every other thing can wait, as we swim robust  through this viral epidemic cycle.. prayers n peace x

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

The question of deaths vs the economy;

Allowing the virus to progress unchecked, at 4% mortality rate, plus the extra say 2% who die because their unrelated medical emergency is not treated because the health system is overwhelmed = 19.2 million dead in the US.

Can you imagine, if the economy is your concern, what effect that would have on the financial system?

The only credible option is to slow the transmission rate to minimise losses. The virus will eventually infect 80% of the world’s population. If this happens at an unchecked rate = 300 000 000 people worldwide  (this ignores the much higher true death rate due to much of the world having poor and limited healthcare access)

Slow the rate down to maintain treatment capacity in your health system, get outbreak conditions under control, then go to track and trace until a vaccine is developed.

All figures taken from WHO figures.

For me, and you may have another opinion, the effect of the unchecked virus on our global economic system would be far tougher than lock-down approaches.

The World Economic Forum share this opinion.

(I was recently in Samoa when they had a measles outbreak that killed over 50 babies, plus others in the population. This experience 100% colours my opinion. Human life has real value. Money is just an idea, these days just 0’s and 1’s in a database. The economic impact on people during a shutdown can be managed, and is being done so right now in the country I live in. If your government is singing a different song perhaps a question for your next election. Compassion reigns)

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

[

stay safe dears.. isolation is new to the world at this point...it has lot of sudden psychological effects ..but larger than all this , we need to understand feel the magnitude of this novel virus, the high infection rate n deaths it has & is causing... every other thing can wait, as we swim robust  through this viral epidemic cycle.. prayers n peace x
[/quote]

100%

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14628

Blackwolf said:

Just so you are truly conscious , I *never* called Billy a fool

Just those on their knees...only submissives drop down on their knees...

I refuse to do so , always have , always will...

That to me , is a fool...stand upright , deal with things...

Now , I posted what I posted...be an adult , deal with it...

What I post is my belief...you do *not* have to like it...clear enough ?

Just so we're clear: no one, least of all me, said you called Billy a fool.  But, you did call people on their knees ( in prayer, I imagine? ) fools. Ergo, you calling people fools is no different from Hemi calling you an arse. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

As far as my consciousness,  I am fully awake in the knowledge that you seem to be an energy vampire who revels in drawing attention to yourself repeatedly, and I mean that literally when I say repeatedly because you typically repeat ad nauseum what you believe ( which was even addressed by a moderator in this very thread ) for the attention you crave. This is why I RARELY respond to you; I refuse to feed into you.  However, in this instance, holding up a mirror was too tempting to passover.  Too bad your eyes are closed and you can't see yourself, thus make excuses for the very behaviour you've judged in another.

^ Hypocrisy 101

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Same to you , dear...shall we proceed ?

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

Why are there no photos
of these hospitals
you know
photos
of hospital hallways
full of beds
because there is no more room
in the wards
i find this strange
because the news keeps telling us
the NHS hospitals are overwhelmed
with thousands of people
AND IF THIS IS
such a serious matter
WHY IS IT
that our government
have not taken over
all the private hospitals in the country
i would have thought it would help
our overwhelmed NHS hospitals
STRANGE
AND IF THIS IS
such a serious matter
WHY IS IT
THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN OVER
all the empty office buildings
and big churches
and don't forget the NHS was well understaffed
before this began
WHY IS IT
there are no hospital doctors
or pathologists explaining to us the people
WHY the normal flu no longer exists

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

Here is my conspiracy theory
right ladies and gentlemen
phase 1 is nearly complete
we have frightend the people
into believing that thousands
ands thousands will die
if they don;t obey and stay in their cage
we are in the process of wiping out
all medium to small businesses
so the workers will have to rely on us
to feed their brats
the new laws are now in place
for two years which we can change
phase 2 within the next few weeks
total surveillance on all mobil phones
chinese style with their points system
by law
phase 3 the roll out of the G5 on every street
in the country
our profits on our shares in the pharmaceutical companies
will go through the roof
and the intelligence of those who still have any
and their children will significantly drop
we are nearly there ladies and gentalmen
only 10 years to go

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today's Worldometer

Coronavirus Cases:  540,832 ( + 53,820 )
Deaths:  24,293 ( + 2,268  )
Recovered:  125,297  ( + 7,734 )

The U.S. now has more diagnosed cases than any country in the world.  

US Cases:  85,612 ( + 17,031 )
Deaths: 1,301 ( + 265 )
Recovered:  1,868 ( + 1,440 )

Relieved to see the recovery number exceeding the death toll for the first time in the U.S. My heart goes out to all the families dealing with the loss of loved ones at this time.

After Considering $1 Billion Price Tag for Ventilators, White House Has Second Thoughts

A deal with General Motors and Ventec Life Systems to produce tens of thousands of the critical lifesaving devices seemed imminent. Then the announcement was pulled back.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/us/politics/coronavirus-ventilators-trump.html

Hot spots are developing in the Midwest, and vaccine trials are underway.

Deborah L. Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, warned of new hot spots developing in Wayne County, Mich., home to Detroit, and Cook County, Ill., home to Chicago, during the White House briefing on Thursday.

But Dr. Birx tried to be reassuring. She said that 19 states that represent about 40 percent of the U.S. population still have fewer than 200 cases of coronavirus, and of the people with significant symptoms who are being tested nationwide, 86 percent are testing negative.

She insisted that talk of ventilator and hospital-bed shortages is overwrought.

“To say that to the American people, to make the implication when they need a hospital bed, it won’t be there, or when they need that ventilator, it won’t be there, we don’t have evidence of that right now,” Dr. Birx said.

13 Deaths in a Day: An ‘Apocalyptic’ Coronavirus Surge at an N.Y.C. Hospital

Hospitals in the city are facing the kind of harrowing increases in cases that overwhelmed health care systems in China and Italy.

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other hospitals as it moves toward becoming dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead. Over the past 24 hours, New York City’s public hospital system said in a statement, 13 people at Elmhurst had died.

“It’s apocalyptic,” said Dr. Bray, 27, a general medicine resident at the hospital.

[ . . . ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-hospitals.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Maybe that's why the ventilator deal was cancelled, they are overrun with them in New York.  

Stay safe and healthy, DUPeeps.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

summultima said: [ . . . ]

Very well thought out post, my friend.  Social distancing is an imperative measure to slow the spread, so as not to overburden an already exhausted medical community.  

You be safe and healthy out there. xo

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Let’s play a game:

If I take any number, assign each number to a letter in the modern alphabet, and apply a base numbering system (binary, base 3, base 10, base 16, base whatever, to suit my needs) I can make the resultant reduced figure any number I want. I can make the words “spiritual candle crystal fairy” in to any number I want, say the number of stones visible at Stonehenge. Result; aliens built my trousers.

I can prove the Egyptians knew the exact value of Pi. All I have to do is ignore their own historical records and coarse approximation. I can prove this by showing that the ratio of the base of a 3700 year old pyramid is in units of Pi. Fuck yeah, aliens. All i have to do is ignore the fact that they used a circular wheel as a measuring tool to measure distance, thereby unknowingly putting Pi in to all their set-outs for engineering  projects.

Iets convince ourselves that the romans (true Roman culture before their conversion to Christianity and the loss of the eastern  empire) knew construction secrets we don’t: the structures they built are still standing. All I have to do is ignore the thousands of structures they built that have fallen over since those romans built then, and claim what remains was their average build quality. Roman aliens.

Now I’l prove “the ancients” had mathematics that, applied to the alphabet, make predictions. All I have to do is ignore that modern alphabets came from Arabia built from previous alphabets, and have more letters than their root languages that can be traced certainly to at least the summarians, and that “the ancients” had no model for zero and used various numeric bases, usually not base 10. I then write any sentence I want, put any numerical system to it I want, and fuck me, aliens.

Next I’ll prove that “the ancients” had medical knowledge we don’t. All I have to do is ignore the full archeological record that uses several different aging techniques including study of strontium 90, examination of tooth enamel, fruits nuts and seeds present, analysis of bone structure using X-ray and radio carbon dating, geologic record, understanding of silt and clay deposits, historical weather modeling based on ice core records, and of course DNA tracing. Once I have ignored all of that, and much more, I can state with certainty that “the ancients” lived long healthy lives, as aliens.

Next I’ll prove that aliens built Easter island. All I have to do is ignore the islanders themselves who demonstrated to researchers how the 70 tonne rock carvings were moved using ropes and bulk manpower. 100% “the ancients” were aliens.

Now let’s prove “the ancients” were a thing. First I need to ignore the fact we have no written records before about 2000 bc in any form. Then I need to ignore that we have a massive and continuous genetic record of civilisations in all corners of the globe going back to about 130  000 years, with none called “the ancients”. Now I need to ignore that there is a huge time difference between these groups. The Aztecs were around to get the clap from the Spanish. The egyptian culture is younger than Chinese written history. Polynesian sea voyages were happening while the mesopatamians were carving fertility symbols.

Now I think I’ll prove “all cultures had fertility cultures”. To do this I will ignore the many documented cultures that didn’t. The southern Madagascan lowland tribes that I lived with for two months in 2015 will be ignored specifically, and their animist worship culture was not acceptable to my theory.

Aliens.

(this is me being a complete cock. Mods, save the innocent)

Go to page:
Go to: