Go to page:

Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14623

Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Public health experts have said easing restrictions too early could put an enormous strain on hospitals and lead to even more deaths and economic damage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-says-he-wants-country-open-back-april-12-easter-n1167721?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR14T10R7iNJWqS1DLBc5cMP8rxbDjUsktK3bLN0c0lG1gW_ftw97AGkEKg

He has risen!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lying* but whatever.  right?!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

hemihead said:
Those people would normally die, and not pss on their “defective” genes. Modern technology has allowed these people to live and procreate.

If a new insect came along that had a different effect, my limited response might be very dangerous, while the person with the anaphylactic response might be the one who survives.

We are generic “soup”, constantly selecting to best adapt to the stressors we encounter, while those stressors are constantly doing the same.

It is an arms race that has been going on forever.

(100% not a geneticist, virologist, doctor, microbiologist, or anyone with any credentials whatsoever)

You seem to be a believer in random adaptation, correct?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:lying* but whatever.  right?!

For once, I wish that's what we did when Songbird wanted to come over. The way teenagers socially distance would have killed the natives with smallpox! Oops!

I just survived God-knows-what... first light sniffling and sneezing, (I was like - no way!) then massively inconvenient migraine headache and constant vomiting yesterday. Today it's my husband's turn.

Oh, boy... did I just make a mess....

Lost a post trying to fix it.... fixin again... Ahavati said:Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Public health experts have said easing restrictions too early could put an enormous strain on hospitals and lead to even more deaths and economic damage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-says-he-wants-country-open-back-april-12-easter-n1167721?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR14T10R7iNJWqS1DLBc5cMP8rxbDjUsktK3bLN0c0lG1gW_ftw97AGkEKg

He has risen!

Considering that they shut down orthodontics.... I'm like.... yay.... my 14 yo is soooo grumpy right now!

Problem is... we're going through unknown fever/chills...

How do you merge posts again....

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

EdibleWords said:

The mods will delete this so fuck it.....

How is total incoherence working for you?

Have a point and make it.

(piss, or get off the pot)

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

hemihead said:

The mods will delete this so fuck it.....

How is total incoherence working for you?

Have a point and make it.

(piss, or get off the pot)

My decision to post was based on my orthodontist situation and my daughter's visit. Those are relevant.

My question to you is not irrelevant either, as it relates to survival. Answer, please. 🙂

I understand you are a lot smartur than me... so let's discus virology. Me likey.

(Looks like someone ran off to do some research.)

Truth is we barely discovered epigenetics... the point being, DNA is alive. It has skin that controls expression like a brain. It's a library of us and our environment.

Say, for example, you have a lot of copper and selenium in you, the viral DNA will adapt to the environment and become more dormant.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Here’s everything you need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package

[ . . . ]
The package’s central cash-injecting giveaway would cut checks of up to $1,200 to each taxpayer, with amounts tapered down to $600 for low-income workers and retirees [ because they can obviously survive on less ] and phased out for people who earned between $75,000 and $99,000 in 2018. For each child, there would be a $500 tax rebate.
[ . . . ]
https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-coronavirus-stimulus-package/

It's hardly everything we need to know, but it's a start.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:Here’s everything you need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package

[ . . . ]

[ . . . ]
https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-coronavirus-stimulus-package/

It's hardly everything we need to know, but it's a start.

Tax rebate? Ouch. I'm not sure that's right. 😕 You are right... I mean. Some are so low under the line that doesn't sound right!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

And does not cover anything , as far as I know , for those on
SSI , or other programs for the ***truly*** poor...

All this money should not just be going to those who have / have had income

We are in a worse boat , in many ways , and food banks in many areas are
closed , or can not get food for the people to give out , which is often our
only means of survival , as far as food , monthly...

Where is our $1,200.00

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trump family will not profit from $2tn stimulus package, Schumer says

Donald Trump’s family has been blocked from getting bailout funds in the $2tn economic stimulus package, according to a letter from the Senate minority leader, Chuck Schumer.
[ . . . ]
Schumer also highlighted a provision to stop Trump’s private business, the Trump Organization, run by his sons, Eric and Don Jr, from benefiting from any cash giveaway.

Amid the bullet points outlining the “significant improvements” Schumer said Democrats had made to the bill was a line prohibiting the family of the president, and other lawmakers, from receiving loans from Treasury department programs.

The letter said the deal would “prohibit businesses controlled by the president, vice-president, members of Congress, and heads of executive departments from receiving loans or investments from treasury programs. The children, spouses and in-laws of the aforementioned principals are also included in this prohibition.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/25/trump-family-stimulus-package-not-benefit-deal

Well, at least there's that.
* contemplates loopholes. . . *

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:Trump family will not profit from $2tn stimulus package, Schumer says

Donald Trump’s family has been blocked from getting bailout funds in the $2tn economic stimulus package, according to a letter from the Senate minority leader, Chuck Schumer.
[ . . . ]
Schumer also highlighted a provision to stop Trump’s private business, the Trump Organization, run by his sons, Eric and Don Jr, from benefiting from any cash giveaway.

Amid the bullet points outlining the “significant improvements” Schumer said Democrats had made to the bill was a line prohibiting the family of the president, and other lawmakers, from receiving loans from Treasury department programs.

The letter said the deal would “prohibit businesses controlled by the president, vice-president, members of Congress, and heads of executive departments from receiving loans or investments from treasury programs. The children, spouses and in-laws of the aforementioned principals are also included in this prohibition.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/25/trump-family-stimulus-package-not-benefit-deal

Well, at least there's that.
* contemplates loopholes. . . *

👏😎 Smart.

Thank you, Ahavati!

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

Blackwolf said:And does not cover anything , as far as I know , for those on
SSI , or other programs for the ***truly*** poor...

All this money should not just be going to those who have / have had income

We are in a worse boat , in many ways , and food banks in many areas are
closed , or can not get food for the people to give out , which is often our
only means of survival , as far as food , monthly...
I
Where is our $1,200.00

Where is our 1200?  Some don't make enough to have to pay taxes that kicks them right out of the loop.  I'm sure in the past I've  heard Trump say taxes are voluntary.  I'm going  back to the desert and live a self sufficient life in Joshua Tree.   Wait a minute I just read there are city folk trying to camp in peoples backyards to get away from the city.  That's ok they wont go into Burns Cnyon

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1748

Valeriya said:

Where is our 1200?  Some don't make enough to have to pay taxes that kicks them right out of the loop.  I'm sure in the past I've  heard Trump say taxes are voluntary.  I'm going  back to the desert and live a self sufficient life in Joshua Tree.   Wait a minute I just read there are city folk trying to camp in peoples backyards to get away from the city.  That's ok they wont go into Burns Cnyon

Last time we were in USA (1999) we drove through Joshua Tree zone; nice-ish. A bit too deserty for me if I remember correctly. We really liked Three Rivers though (somewhere inland in California) it reminded us of Switzerland. The Earthships near Taos in New Mexico were also amazing; we stayed in one for a few nights.
I never liked cities myself; slowly the appeal of the city is waning. The future is small rural communities & locally grown food & crafts. Check out: https://www.fermedubec.com/english/

Cheers, Josh.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Chapter 5 of the Tao Te Ching...the one chapter that westerners have always had a problem with...
Heaven and Earth treat all things as straw dogs;
they are completely indifferent.
A wise person understands the reasons why.

Mother nature does not conform to our desires...like the ancient Greek saying...If you want to make the Gods laugh, tell them of your plans.

Think globally, act locally...help your neighbour...even if you do not like each other...kindness is the best medicine...but remember...virus' are not good or eveil...they are completely indifferent...they treat us all as "straw dogs".

Balance & Harmony...Harry

Go to page:
Go to: