Go to page:

Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

hemihead said:

I haven’t read it (and may not). It is obvious that the true impact is being misunderstood at the highest level, so any deal right now will not be focused correctly.

(As ever I remain in awe of how a portion of the US will organise/mobilise and do truly great work. I am a massive fan of the US army Corp, whose professionalism and expertise are truly Roman in their ability to react. Oh to command such resources in the time of crisis.....I would be a king. They are however blunted in their true potential by lack of clear leadership from the Executive)

Trump dodged the draft five times; been dodging responsibility since.  My father was military 20 years; he taught me alot about preparedness and reaction.  I ( not my brothers ) was the one to go to work with him when permitted.  They are like a well-oiled machine once the ignition is turned.  

I need to read this bill, though sickening I am sure, for my own knowledge ( I'll just pop some digestive enzymes first ).  But, as Bukowski, I'll just keep a bucket beside me when I do.  I am sure Boeing is celebrating with more than a continental breakfast this morning, while many Americans continue to count and exhaust saved pennies.  Bastards.

poet Anonymous

hemihead said:

I haven’t read it (and may not). It is obvious that the true impact is being misunderstood at the highest level, so any deal right now will not be focused correctly.

(As ever I remain in awe of how a portion of the US will organise/mobilise and do truly great work. I am a massive fan of the US army Corp, whose professionalism and expertise are truly Roman in their ability to react. Oh to command such resources in the time of crisis.....I would be a king. They are however blunted in their true potential by lack of clear leadership from the Executive)

Partisan fuckery on both sides and no clear direct action, both bills posed are full of ideological taints that try to forward each sides agendas masked as compassion for the people Based on what I’ve heard commented on.

Why would the documents posed by the democrats include partisan amendments about gender And race quotas, carbon credits, and student loan bailouts?

Why would the republicans include broad enough definitions as to be able to have no accountability on where the aide goes for the companies and include enough loop holes to help in the creation of slush funds for giant corporations?

On the plus sides virus’s don’t discriminate and enough of the elite have caught a dose enough to scare then

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Ahavati said:

Trump dodged the draft five times; been dodging responsibility since.  My father was military 20 years; he taught me alot about preparedness and reaction.  I ( not my brothers ) was the one to go to work with him when permitted.  They are like a well-oiled machine once the ignition is turned.  

I need to read this bill, though sickening I am sure, for my own knowledge ( I'll just pop some digestive enzymes first ).  But, as Bukowski, I'll just keep a bucket beside me when I do.  I am sure Boeing is celebrating with more than a continental breakfast this morning, while many Americans continue to count and exhaust saved pennies.  Bastards.

Boeing are up today against the trend, but absolutely murdered from where they were 6 months ago. The world is not fooled.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Here in is my issue the relationship between worker and company should be symbiotic not parasitic and it works in both directions.

With out the business the worker doesn’t have employment

Without the worker the business is not able to scale

Shit workers are a plague to a business
Shit management and your people don’t want to work

Both parties need each other to exist it shouldn’t be exploitation in either direction

Boeing employs approximately 70,000 people

Kill the company and then what?

Companies should not be able to artificially inflate their market price by buying their own stocks and should have enough capital before they’re allowed to expand on debt

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Commentonly said:

Partisan fuckery on both sides and no clear direct action, both bills posed are full of ideological taints that try to forward each sides agendas masked as compassion for the people Based on what I’ve heard commented on.

Why would the documents posed by the democrats include partisan amendments about gender And race quotas, carbon credits, and student loan bailouts?

Why would the republicans include broad enough definitions as to be able to have no accountability on where the aide goes for the companies and include enough loop holes to help in the creation of slush funds for giant corporations?

On the plus sides virus’s don’t discriminate and enough of the elite have caught a dose enough to scare then

We are digressing from the topic at hand, but the US is unique in having a system where each bill is a hybrid of side deals....in this situation the flaw is obvious; sometimes the matter is pressing and the legislation must be direct and clear.

On a side note, even emergency actions contain politics....I think it was Texas that yesterday passed emergency powers that suspended all elective surgeries, and included abortion, because fuck yeah right wing pro life.

Digression over.

Mods, save the innocent.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

hemihead said:

Boeing are up today against the trend, but absolutely murdered from where they were 6 months ago. The world is not fooled.

This was an interesting read yesterday; we'll see today.

Boeing chief executive David Calhoun on Tuesday suggested that the aircraft manufacturer would not accept federal aid as part of a pending economic rescue bill if it meant giving the Treasury Department a stake in the company.

Calhoun said in an interview with Fox Business Network that it’s “not ideal” for Boeing to surrender equity to the federal government and “if they force it, we just look at all the other options, and we’ve got plenty of them.”

[ . . . ]

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/489255-boeing-ceo-says-company-may-reject-stimulus-if-treasury-seeks-equity-stake

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Commentonly said:

Here in is my issue the relationship between worker and company should be symbiotic not parasitic and it works in both directions.

Both parties need each other to exist it shouldn’t be exploitation in either direction

Companies should not be able to artificially inflate their market price by buying their own stocks and should have enough capital before they’re allowed to expand on debt

Absolutely a balance is required.

When a company can base itself offshore to avoid taxes and minimum wage requirements, but lobby government for bail outs when times are hard , things are perhaps out of kilter.

This is thread related only in that the US people are about to have this dialogue with themselves in an election year when their leaders have publicly stated that the economy needs to be prioritised over people dying.

Land of the free.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Commentonly said:

I get what you're saying in regards to both lobbyists taking advantage to slide in their agendas between the pages of this bill, as well as a balance in corporate America between employer and employee: don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

poet Anonymous

hemihead said:

Absolutely a balance is required.

When a company can base itself offshore to avoid taxes and minimum wage requirements, but lobby government for bail outs when times are hard , things are perhaps out of kilter.

This is thread related only in that the US people are about to have this dialogue with themselves in an election year when their leaders have publicly stated that the economy needs to be prioritised over people dying.

Land of the free.

I think your cynicism punched me through the screen but this a thousand god damn times

It’s funny and not “haha” funny if they invested a quarter of their military budget into health care maybe we’d already have a catch-all-Coronavirus vaccine even if it only worked on 25 percent of people numbers wise in exponential growth and scaling would be looking less disastrous.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Highly paid lobbyist are a new and highly dangerous idea in your politics.

$$$ for access is directly opposed to the principles of a democracy (noting the US is actually a democratic republic, as least in name)

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Ahavati said:

This was an interesting read yesterday; we'll see today.

Boeing chief executive David Calhoun on Tuesday suggested that the aircraft manufacturer would not accept federal aid as part of a pending economic rescue bill if it meant giving the Treasury Department a stake in the company.

Calhoun said in an interview with Fox Business Network that it’s “not ideal” for Boeing to surrender equity to the federal government and “if they force it, we just look at all the other options, and we’ve got plenty of them.”

[ . . . ]

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/489255-boeing-ceo-says-company-may-reject-stimulus-if-treasury-seeks-equity-stake

It's a bluff.

Planes they can't sell.

A rocket program in deep shit.

Damaged share price.

Nil forward sales.

It's a bluff....no investor would touch it (unless they can pour money in to buying senators)

It's not a bluff.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Heheheheh. . .I took it that they were attempting to faux-save face in light of all the recent negativity. Right. We'll see how honorable they are today ( or maybe tomorrow ).  Regardless, we'll see. . .

One more thing before I get my ever-widening ass into design to actually accomplish some work this morning:

The $1,200 coronavirus checks, explained
Congress is still debating how to deliver them.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/23/21190955/stimulus-checks-from-government-approved

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Christ in a Cartoon. . .fact check, peoples.

Myth busting: Setting the record straight on ibuprofen and COVID-19

https://www.med.ubc.ca/news/myth-busting-setting-the-record-straight-on-ibuprofen-and-covid-19/

Coronavirus and ibuprofen: Separating fact from fiction

https://www.bbc.com/news/51929628

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2252

Prof. Francis Boyle  Update on Coronavirus Bioweapon
watch and weep
agenda 2030
agenda 21
event 201
how many people have died from the normal flu
no comment
from the doctors
no comment
from the news people
STRANGE

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

drone said:Prof. Francis Boyle  Update on Coronavirus Bioweapon
watch and weep
agenda 2030
agenda 21
event 201
how many people have died from the normal flu
no comment
from the doctors
no comment
from the news people
STRANGE

Someone's been in hibernation! Glad to have you back awake.  Comparisons to the flu have been discussed ad nauseum by both the news and medical community, not to mention in this very thread.  

Bottom line is this:  You cannot compare something complete with something still evolving.  Come back this time next year and compare flu deaths with corona deaths.

Go to page:
Go to: