Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 885

While the data so far has shown conflicting evidence about the impact of atmospheric temperatures on the spread of the coronavirus, a new Greek study appears to show that transmission of the virus in countries with high temperatures is indeed lower.
The study, which is being conducted by the Pulmonary Clinic of the University of Thessaly, has pulmonologist Prof. Konstantinos Gourgoulianis as coordinator and Dr. Ourania Kotsiou as a lead researcher. They are working in collaboration with the Metsovo Center for Interdisciplinary Research of the National Technical University of Athens and the Department of Business Administration of the University of Patras.
The researchers found a clear impact of atmospheric temperature on the rate of the spread of the disease.
Countries with lower temperatures — and particularly with average temperatures of 0-18°C — have an increased rate of new cases of COVID-19 per day, and a higher total number of confirmed cases compared to countries with higher average temperatures.

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Volunteers across the globe have marshaled their forces in recent days to assist the perilous work of the world’s doctors and nurses during the coronavirus era. One example of such an action is that carried out by a group of people in Xanthi, Thrace, northern Greece recently.
The brainchild of a doctor in Xanthi, cardiologist Komnenos Gambras, combined with the expertise of his friend, Anestis Papachristou, a self-taught computer engineer, led to the creation of see-through plastic visors, or full-face masks, using a 3D printer.
All the new visors are being printed by a group of seven volunteers, whose aim is to help the overworked medical and nursing staff at the city’s hospital who are continuing to fight against the coronavirus  
Are the governments doing this

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis has called on all government ministers and ruling New Democracy lawmakers to contribute half of of their wages for the next two months to a special fund in the battle against coronavirus.
Mitsotakis’s appeal comes as the number of reported deaths from the coronavirus in Greece rose to 41 on Monday.
The new deaths include that of a 55-year-old man from Kastoria, who had been in intensive care in Thessaloniki’s Ippokrateio Hospital, as well as a 76-year-old woman on Lesvos.

The 55-year-old was the sixth casualty from Kastoria and the 76-year-old was the first coronavirus victim on Lesvos.
In his message sent out through social media, Mitsotakis called on members of all political parties to follow his lead and donate a portion of their wages to the fund.
“We are all equal in the face of the health threat. But in the battle against it, everyone has to offer according to their own strengths. I am sure that this proposal will be followed by the other parties,” the Prime Minister wrote.

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

As scientists around the world are racing to find novel ways to treat, mitigate or prevent infection from the novel coronavirus, Greek doctors announced earlier this week that they are looking at the possibility of administering colchicine, a powerful anti-inflammatory drug.
Greek scientists from the Athens School of Medicine who have joined dozens of renowned scientists at the Humanitas University in Italy, the University of Valencia in Spain and Yale University in the US, hope that the drug will reduce the risks of pulmonary complications and death related to the new coronavirus.
Several COVID-19 patients have had severe complications from a surge of activated immune cells in the lungs. Scientists are hoping the drug colchicine will work to moderate the overproduction of immune cells and their activating compounds — called cytokines — in COVID-19 patients.
If it proves to be successful, the drug — which is already used to treat gout and pericarditis (inflammation of the heart membrane), and is readily available and inexpensive — could become a key tool in the pandemic fight.

“We believe that timely administration (of colchicine) may reduce the aggressiveness of pneumonia and thus reduce the chances of the patient developing respiratory failure,” stated Gerasimos Siasos Vice President of the Athens School of Medicine and Associate Professor of Cardiology.
Siasos also added that colchicine will “reduce the likelihood of heart complications such as the myocardial injury observed in the majority of patients treated in intensive care units, or the prevention of episodes of myocarditis of a complication observed in a proportion of patients who died.”
On March 23, researchers at the Montreal Heart Institute announced they are recruiting up to 6,000 Quebecers over the age of 40 who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus to study whether colchicine is effective.
“It’s inexpensive, it’s widely available and the reason why we think it might very well work is that it’s a powerful anti-inflammatory agent,” Dr. Jean-Claude Tardif, the institute’s research director, said in an interview with CBC Montreal’s Daybreak program.

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

Moved this over to Corona Time

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

I get that Covid-19 means difficult medical decisions have to be made about who gets treatment and who doesn’t. But telling the disabled and already sick to sign away their rights in advance is asking them to volunteer for death.
As the parent of a disabled child, you need to become an expert at juggling all the balls you must keep in the air if you want to become the parent of a disabled adult, as I am fortunate enough to be.
In all my 18 years of helping to look after my lovely daughter Elvi, I’ve never been so scared for her future as I am in this Covid-19 pandemic. Drop one of those balls at this time, and I could be signing my child’s death warrant.
It’s not just because the virus could be significantly more lethal for her. It’s also because some doctors may take the view that my daughter’s life is much less worthy of medical care compared to able-bodied people.
It has emerged this week that some GPs around Britain have been sending out letters to patients with existing health issues asking them to sign Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) forms, in case they catch the coronavirus and their condition worsens.
So that’s that, then. It’s asking these people to volunteer for death.
Also on rt.com
‘Culling’ the old & weak: Eugenics and social Darwinism rear their ugly heads in the Covid-19 pandemic

I now hold my breath every time the postman comes. Is today the day the letter with the DNR form arrives? While I suppose it might be handy to be identified as a vulnerable family so we can finally book an online grocery delivery, the cost of what these GPs are asking us to do is too unbearable to even think about.
It’s hard to tell if our medical centre will be one of those following such a procedure. You can’t quiz them. Have you tried ringing a doctor recently?
A GP surgery in Wales that sent out the request for people to sign a DNR if they hadn’t already, said the benefits included doctors, family and friends knowing not to call 999 if a loved one's condition worsened, thereby saving “scarce ambulance resources” and risking any transmission of the coronavirus to others.
If such disabled or ill people who refused to sign such forms were to make it to hospital, of course, a decision on DNR would be made by hospital staff, without any consultation. And not just for people who had serious underlying health problems, but even for those with learning difficulties. SAD USEING THIS VIRUS TO BRING IN eugenics

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Watch with an open mind
NOW THAT will be hard
for alot of people

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 1st Jan 2020

drone said:Watch with an open mind
NOW THAT will be hard
for alot of people

Agreed i moved it over to Corona Time thread

Sending positive vibes your way Drone
My best to you and your daughter
I am a retired special Education teacher Calif Public Schools Developmental Age 0-2
I feel your fear be wise be safe

Carpe_Noctem
Carpe_Noctem
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2413

drone said:Watch with an open mind
NOW THAT will be hard
for alot of people

Do you know who's family comes from a long long line of eugenecists? Bill Gates!!

Billy_Snagg
Billy_Snagg
Snaggy
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
18awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 139

Valeriya said:Until late 2017, WHO estimated that seasonal influenza was associated with a total of 250 000 to 500 000 deaths from all causes annually [1]. Recently, however, three different groups have provided estimates of influenza's annual mortality burden using different methods. The first to be published, from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and coordinated by WHO, estimated that influenza is associated with 290 000 to 650 000 deaths from respiratory causes alone [2]. WHO adopted this range in late 2017 as its official assessment [2]. In early 2019, a publication from the Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD) estimated a range of 99 000 to 200 000 annual deaths from lower respiratory tract infections directly attributable to influenza
Printed by permission Getty news 2019

No one ever cared about these people, We focus on what we are fed
Mardi Gras, the Olympics,  Wars we scarf it up it suddenly means something to us because we are told we should care
Now this virus we are dragged by our ears the   temptation to see more like a train wreck we morbidly stare while big brother sticks it in our ass
Damn will we be sore when this is over
Or perhaps we will be conditioned to where we go back for more

You're missing the point, Valeriya. This influenza you speak of did not shut down the World economy, did it?

Valeriya
Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 1st Jan 2020

Billy_Snagg said:
You're missing the point, Valeriya. This influenza you speak of did not shut down the World economy, did it?

No it didn't because they didn't create a circus around it The media some Doctors and politician are pulling the strings and playing everyone into the arena
All the worlds a stage Billy
Why do you think the military calls war a  theatre  
An open space for viewing spectacles

Carpe_Noctem
Carpe_Noctem
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2413

If government ever cared about people why have there not been any incentives or measures promoting self sufficiency?
You want to know why, that's not in the governments MO.

Same as cancer, whilst there is so much money in cancer research and cancer charities, there will never be a cure, coincidentally there are plenty of natural ways to heal cancer.

Now when I brought up the hospitals and numbers, Hemi said give it 10 days.
But if you look into this a little do digging, things do not add up.
#FilmYourHospital.. Empty supposed war zone epicentres, supposed overflowing testing centers empty. Even medical staff saying nothing is going on, very quiet to the point of them being put back on roster rotation and sent home.

What is going on here?

This does not add up, the numbers and "facts" are being manufactured to what end you ask.

Well as we are all in lock down unable to question what our governments are quietly putting into place.
Now more than ever governments need to be scrutinised and held accountable.
It is my understanding government works for the people, on paper anyway.

Do you think seriously these measures will be rolled back. The patriot act never was, they always find an excuse to keep these control measures in place.

Billy_Snagg
Billy_Snagg
Snaggy
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
18awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 139

Stay safe Carpe, these measures will be around for a while I'm sure & some may never disappear from law. I too fear a World with much more surveillance & big brother type scenarios like you see in China, for example. You only have to look at UK licencing laws that date back to 1918 ish regarding publican opening & closing times. There was no amendment to that law for over 50 years for those wanting a late beer, lol.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13333

SatInUGal said:I mean, that waiting is exactly THE THING that separates NY from CA, and it is a dramatic difference with many, many lives hanging in the balance. So there was a lot more he could have done. I don't get the fawning over him right now- he failed, and anyone who takes the wide view can see that NY massively messed up and is paying the price in a way no other part of the United States is.

accepted

I suppose if you compare Cumo to let's say the governor of Georgia who only found out in the last 48 hours the virus can incubate for some days and be passed on unknowingly, Cumo is pretty solid

Cumo gets lots of air time on Sky news, on the face of it he seems the most competent man of authority in the US

I hear the governor of west Virginia is dueling banjos with that kid from Deliverance

Sweden has still no shelter in place order...

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13333

on another note, this thread just hit 100 pages, probably gonna have to lock it up and start a new

Go to page:
Go to: