Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

EdibleWords said:Ok... this is one ugly article. Is it real?

https://abc14news.com/2020/03/24/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-in-three-months/#

Soooo much dubious. The mangled English, the sketchy conclusions, quoting people/organisations with names that look sound like James Bond baddies. No one thing is bad, but in aggregate this news piece would make you looking at more credible sources. You decide.

However, there is a way to sniff it for bullshit. The article says further down there are 1.6B cellphones in China. 21 million phones sounds like a lot but is actually only 1.3% of total phones. In NZ the cell providers state publically that they close or replace about 10% of their mobile phone accounts at year....which is about 1% a month roughly.

Further, I highly doubt the number are accurate to 1.3 percent....imagine trying to keep track of 1 600 000 000 phone accounts!

Dubious.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

hemihead said:

Soooo much dubious. The mangled English, the sketchy conclusions, quoting people/organisations with names that look sound like James Bond baddies. No one thing is bad, but in aggregate this news piece would make you looking at more credible sources. You decide.

However, there is a way to sniff it for bullshit. The article says further down there are 1.6B cellphones in China. 21 million phones sounds like a lot but is actually only 1.3% of total phones. In NZ the cell providers state publically that they close or replace about 10% of their mobile phone accounts at year....which is about 1% a month roughly.

Further, I highly doubt the number are accurate to 1.3 percent....imagine trying to keep track of 1 600 000 000 phone accounts!

Dubious.

🙏👍👍

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

Is the Coronavirus man-made? | Kalima Horra on Al Mayadeen
a little common sense logical reasoning

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Noam Chomsky: Coronavirus - What is at stake? | DiEM25 TV

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

drone said:Is the Coronavirus man-made? | Kalima Horra on Al Mayadeen
a little common sense logical reasoning

Have posted this 4 times now I think, on this thread. Statement in the Lancet, a medical journal, and one of the very finest, by experts across many countries and fields. The lancet is a medical journal, not a newspaper. It has one of the most trusted medical findings reputations on the planet. Anything published is peer reviewed. All citations are included with the statement.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30418-9/fulltext

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

drone said:Noam Chomsky: Coronavirus - What is at stake? | DiEM25 TV

Well done. This was very good. Have listened once and watched once. Looove Chomsky.

He is clear in flagging the risks of governments using this as an excuse to hinder rights. This is already happening. He is also not in any way playing down the seriousness of the virus.

An important distinction to make.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Yanis Varoufakis on the economic and political impact of the coronavirus | DiEM25

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

Going Underground - Coronavirus crisis: Italian doctor on the problem with current testing methods

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

GREGG BRADEN - THE FAKE NEWS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS: What The World Needs To Know About COVID-19

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

drone said:GREGG BRADEN - THE FAKE NEWS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS: What The World Needs To Know About COVID-19

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2013/04/515-gregg-braden.html?m=1

Might want to have a quick look at the references on this ‘source’

“Endorsed by Deepak Chopra”. Low praise indeed.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

drone said:Going Underground - Coronavirus crisis: Italian doctor on the problem with current testing methods

Good link. Helps in understanding the challenges in an overwhelmed health system, as well as the reality of trying to develop a testing program in the middle of a pandemic.

RT are great.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

drone said:Yanis Varoufakis on the economic and political impact of the coronavirus | DiEM25

Useful to understand who this guy is;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanis_Varoufakis

( I’ll leave comments about believing anything the Greeks have to say about managing a crisis or an economy for those of lower wit)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1747

Billy_Snagg said:
Hemi, would you consider being my lawyer if ever my employer was giving me too much shit. To have a guy like you in the room with me would be a massive boost. I could imagine you saying Billy doesn't have to answer that question! I like the way you have gone through all the points & produced a counter argument.

I agree. Thank you for your responses both Hemi & Billy

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

https://youtu.be/BVQbc7W2_68

More medical professionals calling covid19 a hoax

Go to page:
Go to: