Go to page:

Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Ahavati said:How sick will the coronavirus make you? The answer may be in your genes

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/how-sick-will-coronavirus-make-you-answer-may-be-your-genes?fbclid=IwAR36eAqKv_IAdWo29gGEM9I0ymdxulFaAXLkRNPA_uUWw-h5o3Y4wwpt-Mc

Has anyone posted this link to the The COVID-19 host genetics initiative?

https://www.covid19hg.com/

How cool is that! Amazing we have come so far that we have so many entire DNA sequences just “sitting around”, that we can then look at who gets sick/doesn’t/mildly/dead then crunch all that sequence information looking for any common differences in the people from each outcome type.

That is an absolutely massive data analysis exercise....and doubtless will be done using a few laptops, or perhaps a machine learning ‘mining’ exercise ( my ignorance showing)....we live in an incredible time. An awesome display of big data doing things literally not humanly possible.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Commentonly said:

So let’s say you get a non lethal version or asymptomatic version of this virus whilst using your “woo” medicine and now think you have the cure and peddle it to everyone else because based on your anecdotal evidence you didn’t get it so yay cure! Then the virus continues unabated, it’s the epitome of snake oil sales.

Ahavati was right... I've been missing details! Sorry!

People spread the flu after taking the vaccine. So yeah. Presumptuous peeps are a thing!

What he said was there is no known reliable and replicable treatment yet, is true from a scientific standpoint

...He's saying we have not identified temperatures that suppress this virus. True? Really? I'm gonna be skeptical...

Lives are being put at risk with defeatist talk, when even a placebo is a treatment with a bit of efficacy.

Why mix this up,with anti-quarrentine talk??

if  homeopathy and magic resonating numbers are actually viable and to be believed then we need proof based inquiry  as opposed to belief based inquiry.

Woo-t are you talking about? Black Wolf's theories?

The difference between jumping off a building believing you can fly and getting into an airplane and actually flying.

So spread the word; laymen, don't suppress your fevers! It won't fly...

The scientific method allows for the trial and error we go through normally over hundreds of years and a lot of oral tradition passed down through generations to be concentrated and tested until we get a replicable result.

Good point. I never realized.... 😐

So rejection of everything as woo without proof that is replicable by multiple people and then passed on for further refinement is the gift of science as a discipline.

Where is your evidence? and can you teach it to someone else? Is to me the best approach For most things in life

I don't teach... I direct... start with the research on fever. I'll go dig up the link but have to go, before a mutiny happens...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14538

Today's Worldometer

Coronavirus Cases:  668,351 ( + 54,150 )
Deaths:  31,027  ( + 2,788 )
Recovered:  137,311 ( + 5,542 )

US Cases: 104,256 ( + 19,524 )
Deaths: 1,704 ( + 525 )
Recovered:  3,238 2,525 ( + 713 )

A very sobering read; my heart goes out to these families. Lonely deaths can haunt us, indeed.

Coronavirus preys on what terrifies us: dying alone
[ . . . ]
"We crave closure," said Maryland psychologist Dr. Kristin Bianchi, "so it's only natural we would want to be there in our loved one's final moments. We want to bear witness to that process and say our last goodbyes."
[ . . . ]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/world/funerals-dying-alone-coronavirus/index.html

Well, shit.

Illinois reports first known U.S. death of an infant with the coronavirus.

An infant who tested positive for the coronavirus has died in Chicago, the authorities said on Saturday. It was the first known death of a child younger than a year old with the virus in the United States, although the authorities in some states do not release details about people who die.
[ . . . ]
“There has never before been a death associated with Covid-19 in an infant,” said Dr. Ngozi Ezike, the director of the Illinois Department of Public Health. “A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death.” Older adults, especially those in their 80s and 90s, have been viewed as the most vulnerable in the outbreak, but younger people have also died.

C.D.C. issues a travel advisory for the New York region, after Trump backs off his quarantine threat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/world/coronavirus-news.html#link-3335998

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

hemihead said:

How cool is that! Amazing we have come so far that we have so many entire DNA sequences just “sitting around”, that we can then look at who gets sick/doesn’t/mildly/dead then crunch all that sequence information looking for any common differences in the people from each outcome type.

That is an absolutely massive data analysis exercise....and doubtless will be done using a few laptops, or perhaps a machine learning ‘mining’ exercise ( my ignorance showing)....we live in an incredible time. An awesome display of big data doing things literally not humanly possible.

It's mind boggling and has been virtually impossible in the past. Technology has its dark side; however, it also has its positive side too.  I read an article this week about two supercomputers combining efforts: one was NASA's, but I can't remember the other.  I tried to find the article last night but couldn't.

I found this one, and remember reading it; however, it's not what I was looking for:

Scientists are preparing a massive computer model of the coronavirus that they expect will give insight into how it infects in the body. They've taken the first steps, testing the first parts of the model and optimizing code on the Frontera supercomputer at the University of Texas at Austin's Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC). The knowledge gained from the full model can help researchers design new drugs and vaccines to combat the coronavirus.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200324102720.htm

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This is a GREAT article and what I have been doing, literally. Some may seem repetitive; however, she makes a great point about the simplicity of what you do, despite others creating complicated rules, thus making the situation more stressful.  

I had no immune system for months after my bone marrow transplant. Here’s how I avoided viral illness, and how you can, too. It’s easier than you think.

https://medium.com/@amcarter/i-had-no-immune-system-for-months-after-my-bone-marrow-transplant-1b097f16040c

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Ahavati said:This is a GREAT article and what I have been doing, literally. Some may seem repetitive; however, she makes a great point about the simplicity of what you do, despite others creating complicated rules, thus making the situation more stressful.  

I had no immune system for months after my bone marrow transplant. Here’s how I avoided viral illness, and how you can, too. It’s easier than you think.

https://medium.com/@amcarter/i-had-no-immune-system-for-months-after-my-bone-marrow-transplant-1b097f16040c

When I was a child, it was my natural instinct to wash my hands on a regular basis. My mum used to tell people how I would constantly be at the sink washing my hands. I hate the feel of my hands and nails being dirty, even now. I rarely get sick, but sometimes I do. I will make sure I use hand sanitiser  more often when I am back in work handling money and cannot get to wash my hands.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:

When I was a child, it was my natural instinct to wash my hands on a regular basis. My mum used to tell people how I would constantly be at the sink washing my hands. I hate the feel of my hands and nails being dirty, even now. I rarely get sick, but sometimes I do. I will make sure I use hand sanitiser  more often when I am back in work handling money and cannot get to wash my hands.

Our money over here is plastic so I’ve been handling business cash coming in with gloves then washing it in methylated spirits before recirculating, I would feel irresponsible if I didn’t at least try something to mitigate some of the risks to people trying to help me with what I want

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Magdalena said:

I'm just relieved to know you're okay, Mags.  

I have never liked alcohol-based sanitizers.  Have you ever heard of Thieves Oil?  I carry a roller bottle of that around with me ( they even make wipes with it ) and wipe everything down ( shopping carts etc ).  

I imagine cash to be a petri dish for germs. . .

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Commentonly said:

Our money over here is plastic so I’ve been handling business cash coming in with gloves then washing it in methylated spirits before recirculating, I would feel irresponsible if I didn’t at least try something to mitigate some of the risks to people trying to help me with what I want

We're nearly all plastic notes, not quite there yet. I'm on the front line of customer service, which is money transactions from minute to minute. We are closed until told otherwise for now.

Ahavati said:

I'm just relieved to know you're okay, Mags.  

I have never liked alcohol-based sanitizers.  Have you ever heard of Thieves Oil?  I carry a roller bottle of that around with me ( they even make wipes with it ) and wipe everything down ( shopping carts etc ).  

I imagine cash to be a petri dish for germs. . .

I feel fully recovered now Ahavati. Thank you.  

I've never heard of Thieves Oil. I always keep bacterial wipes in work, for wiping down the counters, keyboards and key pads.

Definitely a petri dish for germs, especially with some of the clientele we have, or should I say punters.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Magdalena said:

I feel fully recovered now Ahavati. Thank you.  

I've never heard of Thieves Oil. I always keep bacterial wipes in work, for wiping down the counters, keyboards and key pads.

Definitely a petri dish for germs, especially with some of the clientele we have, or should I say punters.

Hehehehe

Thieves oil is based on the Legend of the Four Thieves during the dark ages. Long story short, they robbed the graves of plague victims without getting sick.  Thus, after they were caught, the court told them if they shared how they didn't get sick, they would receive leniency.

Thieves Oils is a concoction of essential oils ( I purchase therapeutic grade - Eden's Garden is terrific ): Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lemon and Rosemary. You could make your own recipe if you had the oils.  

https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/bestsellers-1/products/fighting-five

Here's the roll on:

https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/fighting-five/products/fighting-five-synergy-roll-on

I told Missy about it a few years ago, and she told me her and her were bonding over it! LOL!

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Ahavati said:

Hehehehe

Thieves oil is based on the Legend of the Four Thieves during the dark ages. Long story short, they robbed the graves of plague victims without getting sick.  Thus, after they were caught, the court told them if they shared how they didn't get sick, they would receive leniency.

Thieves Oils is a concoction of essential oils ( I purchase therapeutic grade - Eden's Garden is terrific ): Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lemon and Rosemary. You could make your own recipe if you had the oils.  

https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/bestsellers-1/products/fighting-five

Here's the roll on:

https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/fighting-five/products/fighting-five-synergy-roll-on

I told Missy about it a few years ago, and she told me her and her were bonding over it! LOL!

I'm not surprised with those oils. I used to teach myself about the medicinal properties of herbs and spices, a long time ago. and I always have a cupboard full. I used to buy potted herbs to keep on my kitchen windowsill.
There was a time when I could roll the medicinal properties off the top of my head, but menopause gives me brain fog quite often

I will check out those links now.    

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Magdalena said:

I'm not surprised with those oils. I used to teach myself about the medicinal properties of herbs and spices, a long time ago. and I always have a cupboard full. I used to buy potted herbs to keep on my kitchen windowsill.
There was a time when I could roll the medicinal properties off the top of my head, but menopause gives me brain fog quite often

I will check out those links now.    

It really does work, and it's reasonable too.  I glanced on amazon and saw where some ( Young Living Oils ) were selling their thieves blend for upwards of 45.00.  Also, one of two recommendations were zinc ( I've used Quantum TheraZinc with elderberry, clove, slippery elm & echinacea for over a year now, thank goodness ).  

https://quantumhealth.com/shop/product/therazinc-oral-spray

They're out of the 4oz but do have the 2oz.

The second of two recommendations was vitamin C. In addition to eating an orange daily, I use Emergen C in a glass of water daily.  They sell it in gummies too, my grandson loves those.

https://www.emergenc.com/

Lastly, an old-time remedy is 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water every morning before you eat breakfast ( or drink coffee, whatever ). The soda neutralizes your PH balance.  Disease cannot thrive in a PH balanced atmosphere; it needs acidity.  

NO DISEASE CAN EXIST IN AN ALKALINE ENVIRONMENT

https://naturalfoodpantry.ca/blogs/mind-body/no-disease-can-exist-in-an-alkaline-environment

Another who claimed the powers of PH balance was Dr. Hulda Clark, author of 'The Cure for all Diseases', which I have, and have read.  I also have her zapper that I need to get back out.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

[ . . . ]be bothered
to do a little reseach
researchers note that data on hospitalizations were missing for a substantial number of patients.
[ . . . ]

Finds it odd that someone pointing their finger fails to provide any verifiable links containing such notes.  Maybe you just don't want to be bothered. . .but in this thread it's required. There is an alternate thread for poetry and personal opinion.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

It really does work, and it's reasonable too.  I glanced on amazon and saw where some ( Young Living Oils ) were selling their thieves blend for upwards of 45.00.  Also, one of two recommendations were zinc ( I've used Quantum TheraZinc with elderberry, clove, slippery elm & echinacea for over a year now, thank goodness ).  

https://quantumhealth.com/shop/product/therazinc-oral-spray

They're out of the 4oz but do have the 2oz.

The second of two recommendations was vitamin C. In addition to eating an orange daily, I use Emergen C in a glass of water daily.  They sell it in gummies too, my grandson loves those.

https://www.emergenc.com/

Lastly, an old-time remedy is 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water every morning before you eat breakfast ( or drink coffee, whatever ). The soda neutralizes your PH balance.  Disease cannot thrive in a PH balanced atmosphere; it needs acidity.  

NO DISEASE CAN EXIST IN AN ALKALINE ENVIRONMENT

https://naturalfoodpantry.ca/blogs/mind-body/no-disease-can-exist-in-an-alkaline-environment

Another who claimed the powers of PH balance was Dr. Hulda Clark, author of 'The Cure for all Diseases', which I have, and have read.  I also have her zapper that I need to get back out.  

I can't believe it! I was just trying to make a vid about how I make my own sodium citrate water! You SO beat me to it!!! I'm happy, now. 😁 Deed already done!! 🙏

It really helped get food down when I drank a couple quarts slowly each day during my last flu. I just turned around... slowly...

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

I don't understand
i assume you have
a little intelligence
YET
you want me to
spoon feed you
like a child