Go to page:

Corona Virus ( Covid-19 )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Today's Worldometer

Coronavirus Cases:  614,201 ( + 73,369 )
Deaths:  28,239 ( + 3,946 )
Recovered:  137,311  ( + 12,014 )

US Cases:  104,256 ( + 18,644 )
Deaths: 1,704 ( + 403 )
Recovered:  2,525 ( + 657 )

I enjoy listening to this podcast of CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta

A Virus Doesn't Discriminate

The coronavirus pandemic has fueled a surge in racism against Asian-Americans around the country. CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Sanjay Gupta hears from some Americans who've personally experienced racism and talks about why there's no place for hate in our country.

https://www.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/corona-virus?utm_source=bouncex_inline_dle

People don't be dicks. Stay safe and healthy out there, but don't be dicks.

Duke University has outlined a process to use Hydrogen Peroxide sterilization to reuse N95s. Isn’t this the same as Steris? The link to their research is at the bottom.

https://coronavirus.duke.edu/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

hemihead said:Second episode from experts, specifically addressing likelihood of vaccines etc. Hit off the press as was produced a couple of hours ago.

Strong props to commentonly for finding this great, informed and credible resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9UBmsSKKA&feature=share

Yeah, they're great. I subscribed the first time round and listened last night.  

Taryn said:This sends the right message and it’s done in a way which I think will bring many of us a much needed smile....I hope it’s enjoyed...

https://youtu.be/e0-2XxgHIXk

Peace and stay safe everyone ✌🏻 🌻

LMFAO!

Commentonly said:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM#searching

That was great, CO.  Thanks for sharing.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

Sars-2 is not alive on a surface it is viable  (root Latin word  go to life) 10 days
16 days whichever is their go to for the day There is no proof how long it is viable on the flesh
Sars-2 is a protein, these proteins lie on a surface on top of the proteins are sugary oils connected squares like a ladder
To eliminate the proteins if virus these squares must be broken apart separated from each other.  Aggressive scrubbing on surfaces with disinfectant is necessary
Don't wash your "scrubbings" down the drain dispose of it in plastic away from where you breathe and live.  
US Army UBC Manual

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

For you, MadameLavender:

'Lab workers are heroes': What it's like to be on front lines of coronavirus testing

Labs across the country are processing thousands of tests a day. [ . . . ]

https://www.today.com/health/how-does-coronavirus-testing-work-how-labs-process-covid-19-t176985?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0J-rTiP3mf6rok0pTLK_czxEY-NKap8QoJy9P4VmK8UwqCS3doMZlQIBY

PencilScribbles
Scribbles
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 29th Aug 2019
Forum Posts: 13

hemihead said:Pencilscribbles, I would enjoy a layman’s version of;

-how they KNOW it is not man-made

The explanations I have found get too far in the weeds (being published for their peers)

Have no doubts, and have read the statement in Lancet (and shared it here twice) re research done on origins to date.

Hi Hemihead,
I am just seeing this.
I'll give you my best understanding, as gently as possible.

Basically, there are two parts to a virus.
The DNA/RNA and the capsule that covers it that is made of protein.
The capsule is what the virus uses to attach to the host's cell.

The scientists themselves have been curious whether or not this virus was manufactured by humans.

Scientists have and are still currently working on studying regions that make it possible for the virus to attach ( through various spike proteins) and components in our own bodies that make it easier for the virus to attach.

The virus that we are seeing now has evolved in a way that it fits perfectly and specifically to a receptor on our cells, called ACE2.

To answer the question whether or not it was a genetically engineered, man-made virus, scientists have compared the sequence of this virus to viruses that are closely related (as far as genome).

A very similar coronavirus is SARS-CoV-1 (and I assume that is why they decided to officially name the virus SARS-CoV-2), it is the virus that affected the Chinese in 2003 (known commonly as SARS).

Using simulations, scientists have altered the same key regions of SARS-CoV-1 to make thise regions like SARS-CoV-2.
In these simulations, the spike protein is very interesting because it does not appear that it should work as efficiently as it does, it doesn't bind nearly as effectively to a human cell. Yet...it does!

Mutations are so random in nature, that finding a solution that is an advantage for the entity to reproduce & spread is like hitting the lottery with an infinite amount of numbers to choose from.
(Thankfully for nature, it has that kind of time...whereas, we do not)

Because this region is so specific to binding to our ACE2, in a way we could not have predicted with our best technology, very strongly suggests that it could not have been manufactured and is instead the product of millions of years of nature hitting the mutation jackpot.

Genomics is a growing field, a current-day equivalent to landing, exploring, and mapping mars. We have learned so much, and we have so much more to learn.

Here is a scientific article about the research:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

I have quite a bit going on for the next few days but if you have any questions about what I've written, I will get back to you as soon as I can. 🙂

Stay safe out there!

Best wishes,

D.P. (Scribbles)

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

Valeriya said:

Doesn't it seem logical that the elite may have already gotten the vaccine?
Or, there could be simply a Corona Virus which is no more than flu symptoms
Not saying there is not COVID-19 which is a disease from the SARS-2
Just saying that I'm not saying but still I'm just saying

Aww, bless, Valeriya. Yep, I know what you're trying to say here. I have been hearing that there may be 2 strains of this COVID-19 going around; a version like you say that just causes mild flu-like infection & a 2nd more deadly strain, hence why otherwise healthy 21 yr olds with no underlying health conditions are dying.

I am not saying this as fact but as a possible explanation. Everyone wants answers right now.

I wouldn't say it's logical that the elite got vaccinated because I don't think even they are smart enough for that, lol!

What I would say though in my English way is that I wouldn't put it past them
to have the secret vaccine. It does seem that the elite are immune from the hardship at least.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

Billy_Snagg said:

Aww, bless, Valeriya. Yep, I know what you're trying to say here. I have been hearing that there may be 2 strains of this COVID-19 going around; a version like you say that just causes mild flu-like infection & a 2nd more deadly strain, hence why otherwise healthy 21 yr olds with no underlying health conditions are dying.

I am not saying this as fact but as a possible explanation. Everyone wants answers right now.

I wouldn't say it's logical that the elite got vaccinated because I don't think even they are smart enough for that, lol!

What I would say though in my English way is that I wouldn't put it past them
to have the secret vaccine. It does seem that the elite are immune from the hardship at least.

Agreed Billy

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24/12-experts-questioning-the-coronavirus-panic/

All these measures are leading to self-destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

I have to watch this. 👍

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

PencilScribbles said:Mutations are so random in nature..

Ok... right there you got my attention. I can't go any further with your logic without examining this. Nothing you say makes sense if that's not true.

Last time I softballed the epigenic question I got a phat cricket....

How does environmental influence on epigenitics weigh in?

It's your go.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Carpe_Noctem said:https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24/12-experts-questioning-the-coronavirus-panic/

All these measures are leading to self-destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.

Okay, I am really going to TRY this time to get you to understand where I am coming from, exactly.

First, do you agree that you can't deliver a message if the recipient isn't willing to receive it? You can shout until your throat closes; you can jump up and down until your legs give out; you can flail your arms until they feel like 100 lb weights you can't hold up any longer.  

You cannot force a message. You can only plant a seed. You cannot sow, tend, and reap that seed in one day.  Some people are sowers; others tend gardens; and, if we're lucky, we get to harvest what others have planted and tended.  And if we're REALLY lucky, over the course of life, we get to harvest what we ourselves have sown and tended.

Parables in the New Testament exist for a reason: those who have ears to hear will hear; those who have eyes to see will see.

Just because someone believes in the severity of this virus does not make them blind nor "asleep".  Particularly if it has affected them personally ( think of that New Jersey family who lost three members ).  Tell someone who has lost three family members this is all a spook.  Hell, tell someone who has lost one friend it is.

See, to them, and to many, it doesn't matter if it's being overhyped or not. What matters is that it's REAL, and it's killing people ( 30,000 + so far ).  ALL they care about is protecting themselves and those  they love.  And many who have lost loved ones don't give a shit if they live or not.

Regardless, either or, you cannot convince them, nor will you ever, that this is all a spook.  It's impossible, particularly during the grieving process. Many are still in shock.

Those who this has not personally affected may be more likely to listen; however, the first thing most are going to do is wonder what you're doing about it? Okay, so you're Paul Revere warning the Spooks are coming! Great! Now those who hear you have a choice: shelter down, or run, hide, escape. Except, this is worldwide, so there is no escape.

So, they look to the messenger; what are YOU doing? What do YOU suggest?   Where are YOU going to hide? How are YOU going to escape?

And your answer will be. . .exactly what we've concluded in previous posts: you're complying with the spook.  And you know what, they are too. And they, just as you, will continue to, unless you initiate a rebellion.

Remember, we have been here before, in 1918, without the technology we have today.  Without the science we have had today.  It killed 50,000,000 and affected 500 million people.  Schools were closed. Businesses were closed. Churches were closed.  Everyone sheltered in place except those who cared for the sick.  

Hopefully the deaths from this won't reach that astrological number due to the great strides of science.

This is why I keep challenging your comments. Not because I don't believe you; but, because you're yelling to masses without providing an alternative means of action.  Say you're right and all of this is unnecessary because ( as you keep saying ) social isolation kills. Well, right now so does socializing ( as I keep saying ).  

Are you saying that it's totally safe to socialize right now?  I know your message. What I don't know is what you are advocating for.  

What are you advocating for?

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

I read a letter (online) written by a man who was a boy in 1918.  His parents were not believers in vaccinations , inoculations or even Drs.  Mother and Father took care of the sick in their community during the flu outbreak in 1918 they used homeopathy and love They never got the Spanish Flu neither did he

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

My main objection, other than his humble, gentle bedside manner, was his claim that there is no treatment.

There is no allopathic treatment. Which of course means everything else is woo, and they will bring back the sun after the eclipse.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

Valeriya said:I read a letter (online) written by a man who was a boy in 1918.  His parents were not believers in vaccinations , inoculations or even Drs.  Mother and Father took care of the sick in their community during the flu outbreak in 1918 they used homeopathy and love They never got the Spanish Flu neither did he

Not everyone in the world is going to get COVID-19 of course, like your 1918 story but that will either be because they got lucky or they followed the scientific advice as best they could.

"If we do reduce the deaths, it won't be because we are lucky but because everyone followed the rules in not transmitting the virus.

If we have less than 20,000 UK deaths, then we can consider ourselves lucky."

UK Health Chief, Stephen Powis.

I have been saying for a while that sadly there will be many 'spin off' deaths as a result of what begain with COVID-19.

Lol, nothing is scarier than this GLOBAL pandemic right now.

Go to page:
Go to: