Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Eerie said:

Jade, you’re right. I ran your example sentence through the word counter I’m using and realized it’s the same one you are using .
I think it counted the 36 in my poem yesterday because it was written 36th. So I tired that out and yes, the “th”  made it a countable word. Interesting 🤔

I never would have tried that example = 36th, because I would have written thirty-six.  Funny about that, being hyphenated it would still be counted as only one word, oh well.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1168

Jade-Pandora said:

Because of what you and JohnnyB posted, here are the results of my test for the counter I use:

Testing word counter:

‘ 1 hopes and dreams & schemes
will see you 2 through, too. ‘

9 unique words of 9 total (100%)

http://caerphoto.com/uwc/

So no, it doesn’t count numbers or ampersands.  Surprised me, but now that I know I’ll easily catch it.

I tried it in this one and it counted the numbers & ampersand.
https://wordcounttools.com/

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

brokentitanium said:

I tried it in this one and it counted the numbers & ampersand.
https://wordcounttools.com/

Thank you, dear, I will go and check it out.🤟

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1168

Jade-Pandora said:
Thank you, dear, I will go and check it out.🤟

🖖
😉

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 821

I use this one, it seems pretty accurate:
https://planetcalc.com/3205/

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

Removed photo, sorry x

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

You have mail.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

We determine it. Look, we aren't Warlord Taskmasters ruling over the land of NaPo. All we ask is that you let us know the reason you didn't post.  We aren't going to contact your employer/mother/whoever to see if you're lying or not. This is an honor system.  

Just as we would hope you write daily throughout this challenge ( vs writing the 30 days or year prior to it ), we would hope you're honest about why you didn't post. Hell, we've even had "Hangover" as an excuse and they were awarded the trophy because they caught up.

The only thing that pisses us off are entrants not taking time to read the rules ( thus violate them ) after we meticulously lay them out.

Reiteration: To us, The Spirit of Napo is to write 30 poems in 30 days. That's all we care about in addition to reading and adhering to the rules, which are very lax in comparison to other NaPo's, where if you don't post daily, you forfeit.  

Does that answer your question?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

Good morning, Entrants!  Congratulations! If you have four checks beside your name, you've successfully made it to Day Five of the Challenge!  If you do not, please adhere to the RULZ for making up posts:

If you experience an unexpected event such as a personal crisis, power or Internet failure, or other act of God that prevents you from writing and posting - then follow the same protocol upon your return.  

For example:

I am double posting today due to illness resulting in my absence on April 21st

#21 of 30
I Was A Teenage Klingon
poem's body
----------
#22 of 30
Young Romulans In Love
poem's body

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Day 5 ended in tragedy for one young red shirt...

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 363

Ahavati said:

We determine it. Look, we aren't Warlord Taskmasters ruling over the land of NaPo. All we ask is that you let us know the reason you didn't post.  We aren't going to contact your employer/mother/whoever to see if you're lying or not. This is an honor system.  

Just as we would hope you write daily throughout this challenge ( vs writing the 30 days or year prior to it ), we would hope you're honest about why you didn't post. Hell, we've even had "Hangover" as an excuse and they were awarded the trophy because they caught up.

The only thing that pisses us off are entrants not taking time to read the rules ( thus violate them ) after we meticulously lay them out.

Reiteration: To us, The Spirit of Napo is to write 30 poems in 30 days. That's all we care about in addition to reading and adhering to the rules, which are very lax in comparison to other NaPo's, where if you don't post daily, you forfeit.  

Does that answer your question?

Since day one of this years Napo I've been submitting my entries just about an hour before midnight and just write what comes to my mind, and since this quarantine I can only think of covid19 to write on. Tonight it's few minutes before midnight when I edited my entry just enough time to make it to day five and the internet was very slow. I'm glad I made the posting in time.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

I have 2 #4!

😫💩

Go to page:
Go to: