Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1874

Never thought I would be saying this, but I’m itching to post my first poem of 30 to get me off and inning

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 577

AspergerPoet56 said:Never thought I would be saying this, but I’m itching to post my first poem of 30 to get me off and inning

ltm you & me both

unless NaPo has all been an elaborate April fool's plot to boost valium sales

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018

_shadoe_ said:

ltm you & me both

unless NaPo has all been an elaborate April fool's plot to boost valium sales

Or cancelled due to Covid 19 maybe even poems have to social distance

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

cabcool said:
One final--and crazy--question, JB:

Where do I post my daily NaPo poems?  I was looking for an ENTER COMPETITION window.

_shadoe_ said:good morning everyone ☕🚬
where the butt is the thread we post in?

I will be creating the Official NaPoWriMo Challenge thread in the Competition forum 1 hour from now.

All of the rules will be reiterated in the very beginning of it - please read them to ensure that you have not missed anything in the million or so pages this thread was.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013

JohnnyBlaze said:

I will be creating the Official NaPoWriMo Challenge thread in the Competition forum 1 hour from now.

woooooohooooooo

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

Ahhhhhhh

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

From Yesterday's Update! Hold on People!!!

Ahavati said:Good morning from the east coast U.S.A. crew, returnees, and cadets! We will be launching both the official challenge and its sister prompt challenge at 6:00 AM, EST ( GMT - 5 ).  Australia and the like: you may go ahead and write today, then post to the comp tomorrow! After that you should be on track.

Once the challenges have been launched, please remember the following:

YOU MUST COPY/PASTE YOUR POEM TO THE CHALLENGE.  Please ignore the "Enter Competition" button at the bottom. These entries cannot be shared from your DU profile.  However, after you paste to the challenge, you can post to your DU profile.

Also. . .

1. The title of this thread will be changed from Registration to Discussion.  This means any questions, comments, blowing a gasket, screaming, questioning the Universe as to why you did this, begging for mercy on the rules, etc. will be posted here throughout the challenge.  

2. Absolutely no banter, off-topic comments, suggestions, blowing a gasket, screaming, questioning the Universe as to why you did this, begging for mercy on the rules, etc. are permitted in the challenges.  

Any such will be removed by a moderator.

3. Additionally, no graphics or images are allowed to accompany the poems in the challenges, with the exception of script graphics and daily roll call by Team NaPo.

The Team has a lot of responsibility and need to focus on submissions, not fish through pages of banter and/or memes/images/graphics.  

4. This is a HUGE NaPo, PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE THE TEAM DIRECTLY.  They will be busy with their assigned duties as well as writing.  If you have an open question, come to this thread.  If it's private, then please message Johnny or me.  If we're not connected through DU, please email poeticmedics@gmail.com.

5. Believe in yourself, and the ability to complete NaPo.  Remember, this is NOT a competition; we are all equal.  This is a writing CHALLENGE, which allows you to step out of the box in regards to perfection and capabilities.

If you have not yet familiarized yourself with the rules, please do so BEFORE the challenge begins.

We wish you each the best of luck throughout this challenge and are here to fully support you.  YOU GOT THIS!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The title of this thread has now been changed from Registration to Discussion.  All comments, questions, concerns, and the like are posted here.  

Entrants: please remember to BOLD your titles in the challenge, as they do not count in the unique word count.  

Thank you for your participation, and best of luck in the challenge!

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018

I’ve posted poem but for some reason I can’t get the bold and underline to work for the title now I’ve tried 5 times and now I’ve given up if this disqualifies me then so be it. Technology sucks when it don’t do what it’s supposed to do

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AspergerPoet56 said:I’ve posted poem but for some reason I can’t get the bold and underline to work for the title now I’ve tried 5 times and now I’ve given up if this disqualifies me then so be it. Technology sucks when it don’t do what it’s supposed to do

AP, report the bug to the Webmiss. Are you highlighting then selecting the B button? We understand about technological hell. You wouldn't believe what we went through this morning getting these comps posted.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

AspergerPoet56 said:I’ve posted poem but for some reason I can’t get the bold and underline to work for the title now I’ve tried 5 times and now I’ve given up if this disqualifies me then so be it. Technology sucks when it don’t do what it’s supposed to do

You don't need to underline the title.

Just try the bold.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013

try bold and between the brackets add the underline. Worked for me

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018

Just remove me from competition my lack of patience is getting me angry so to save embarrassment I’m leaving , good luck to all that remain

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

AspergerPoet56 said:Just remove me from competition my lack of patience is getting me angry so to save embarrassment I’m leaving , good luck to all that remain

Just take your time, Colin. We aren't going to disqualify you because of a little trouble getting the bold code to work.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AspergerPoet56 said:Just remove me from competition my lack of patience is getting me angry so to save embarrassment I’m leaving , good luck to all that remain

AP, if we let technological glitch get the best of us this morning, there wouldn't be a competition posted at all. Don't allow that to dissuade you from participating. There is no need to be embarrassed for something that is not your fault.

Go to page:
Go to: