Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 8241

_shadoe_ said:i just got my timezone spreadsheet done, clocks set, notebook and pens at the ready 😊
midnight needs to hurry its arse along!

Squeeee! I hope to be as ready!

As far as time zones, Team NaPo's Time Keepers are fully aware of the current times in each zone.  Please rest easy, focus on writing, and allow the Team to do their jobs.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3732

Ahavati said:Good morning from the east coast U.S.A. crew, returnees, and cadets! We will be launching both the official challenge and its sister prompt challenge at 6:00 AM, EST ( GMT - 5 ).  Australia and the like: you may go ahead and write today, then post to the comp tomorrow! After that you should be on track.

Once the challenges have been launched, please remember the following:

YOU MUST COPY/PASTE YOUR POEM TO THE CHALLENGE.  Please ignore the "Enter Competition" button at the bottom. These entries cannot be shared from your DU profile.  However, after you paste to the challenge, you can post to your DU profile.

Also. . .

1. The title of this thread will be changed from Registration to Discussion.  This means any questions, comments, blowing a gasket, screaming, questioning the Universe as to why you did this, begging for mercy on the rules, etc. will be posted here throughout the challenge.  

2. Absolutely no banter, off-topic comments, suggestions, blowing a gasket, screaming, questioning the Universe as to why you did this, begging for mercy on the rules, etc. are permitted in the challenges.  

Any such will be removed by a moderator.

3. Additionally, no graphics or images are allowed to accompany the poems in the challenges, with the exception of script graphics and daily roll call by Team NaPo.

The Team has a lot of responsibility and need to focus on submissions, not fish through pages of banter and/or memes/images/graphics.  

4. This is a HUGE NaPo, PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE THE TEAM DIRECTLY.  They will be busy with their assigned duties as well as writing.  If you have an open question, come to this thread.  If it's private, then please message Johnny or me.  If we're not connected through DU, please email poeticmedics@gmail.com.

5. Believe in yourself, and the ability to complete NaPo.  Remember, this is NOT a competition; we are all equal.  This is a writing CHALLENGE, which allows you to step out of the box in regards to perfection and capabilities.

If you have not yet familiarized yourself with the rules, please do so BEFORE the challenge begins.

We wish you each the best of luck throughout this challenge and are here to fully support you.  YOU GOT THIS!

WE GOT THIS!

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
154awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Just last minute nerves, Ma’am, all is well.😉

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

WE GOT THIS!

Yes we do!  

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 812

Engage ...

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Josh said:Engage ...

Indeed ...

_shadoe_
_shadoe_
katyusha
Tyrant of Words
54awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 561

quick question:-
is there a word counter that will exclude my psychotic use of punctuation {?}

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

_shadoe_ said:quick question:-
is there a word counter that will exclude my psychotic use of punctuation {?}

Hi, _shadoe_

There are many word counters out there that do count characters; however, I am unsure if there are any who omit specific characters such as punctuation.  The one I use does not.

Johnny and I will shop around today and see.  Or perhaps someone else already knows and will chime in before we locate one.  

_shadoe_
_shadoe_
katyusha
Tyrant of Words
54awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 561

Ahavati said:

Hi, _shadoe_

There are many word counters out there that do count characters; however, I am unsure if there are any who omit specific characters such as punctuation.  The one I use does not.

Johnny and I will shop around today and see.  Or perhaps someone else already knows and will chime in before we locate one.  

just found one which is uber cute
http://caerphoto.com/uwc/
and idiot proof

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

_shadoe_ said:

and idiot proof

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

_shadoe_ said:

and idiot proof

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can personally prove that wrong.

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
154awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

_shadoe_ said:

and idiot proof

Yaaay, that’s the one I use!🙋🏻‍♀️🤳🏻

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can personally prove that wrong.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Just so y'all know i won't be using any counters, national, global or regional.
I'm just gonna write whole buncha words and if its the width of my four fingers vertically,  i would think it would suffice the requirement ;)

JusTim_
JusTim_
Tyrant of Words
United States
25awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 22nd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 161

Layla said:Just so y'all know i won't be using any counters, national, global or regional.
I'm just gonna write whole buncha words and if its the width of my four fingers vertically,  i would think it would suffice the requirement ;)

Don't get mixed up with measuring your drink

Go to page:
Go to: