Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14645

Commentonly said:Does that mean I have the good graces of being in Napo country first?

Yepsireee! You have the opportunity to lead and finish first, should you choose to accept that challenge. . .

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Yepsireee! You have the opportunity to lead and finish first, should you choose to accept that challenge. . .

Or the first round of cannon fodder sent into the unknown

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Commentonly said:

Or the first round of cannon fodder sent into the unknown

As God is my witness, I'll never be [ foiled ] again!

* shakes fist in the air *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVt6wCuxDY

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 148awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1806

Good afternoon everyone, boarding will begin in approximately t minus 31 hours depending your time zone. We are now inviting writers with small children or any writers requiring special assistance to let us know if they have any needs. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. When your clock hits 12:00am, the ship will begin lift off. Feel free to move about the cabin and have ALL THE DRINKS YOU WANT!

We hope you enjoy this journey for the next 30 days.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1172

wallyroo92 said:Good afternoon everyone, boarding will begin in approximately t minus 31 hours depending your time zone. We are now inviting writers with small children or any writers requiring special assistance to let us know if they have any needs. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. When your clock hits 12:00am, the ship will begin lift off. Feel free to move about the cabin and have ALL THE DRINKS YOU WANT!

We hope you enjoy this journey for the next 30 days.

I have needs. Gravol, please, I'm starting to feel a little queasy.... 🤢

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

brokentitanium said:

I have needs. Gravol, please, I'm starting to feel a little queasy.... 🤢

That is NORMAL, particularly for your first NaPo, titanium. Would it help you to know that it doesn't get any easier as years go by?  ;)  This is my 12th, and I'm just as nervous as the first. Except now we have the pressure of making it entertaining and fun!

Seriously, you'll be fine. And what you'll learn from this will be priceless.  It's why I come back every year—there is NO feeling ( for a writer ) like completing a NaPo.  It's indescribable, and can only be experienced. But, more than that. . .is what you'll discover about yourself as a writer, and poetry in general.

Whereas once you sought perfection, now you understand the process of the poem is just that—a process, and it always has been.

Grab your protein pill and helmet cause it's almost showtime!

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

When i first signed up for this i was thinking 'wtf are you doing, are you out of your mind?!"
but now i'm super excited since i'll be home for 2 weeks and i got 2 bottles of good dark rum, plenty of food, and most definitely toilet paper, i'll be living in my pjs and writing poetry...i don't know what i'll be writing about but i know its gonna be one helluva good stuff lol

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:When i first signed up for this i was thinking 'wtf are you doing, are you out of your mind?!"
but now i'm super excited since i'll be home for 2 weeks and i got 2 bottles of good dark rum, plenty of food, and most definitely toilet paper, i'll be living in my pjs and writing poetry...i don't know what i'll be writing about but i know its gonna be one helluva good stuff lol

That's the SPIRIT, Layla! I'm right with you!

The_Promising_Poet
Strange Creature
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 6

I'm in

Atlantic Standard Time

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The_Promising_Poet said:I'm in

Atlantic Standard Time

Welcome aboard, Poet!  Please state your location for us ( doesn't have to be the city, but it needs to be the state or provence ).

The_Promising_Poet
Strange Creature
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 6

I'm in!

All in!

All in!!!!!!!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

Atlantic Daylight  Time
(GMT-3)

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 577

am soooooooooooo ready for this, got enough coffee, cigarettes and booze to survive the national lockdown without any withdrawal symptoms ...
... now if i could just find the poems, this is going to be great ltm

Brokenpoet2020
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 49

I’m in!! London UK GMT

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Brokenpoet2020 said:I’m in!! London UK GMT

Welcome, BrokenPoet2020!  You're just in time!

SweetOblivion
Tyrant of Words
49awards
Joined 6th July 2014
Forum Posts: 72

I'm in! Newcastle Upon Tyne UTC/GMT

Go to page:
Go to: