Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1365

CosiestPrism273 said:Oh sorry I thought I did. I'm in. Kentucky. Eastern.

another Kentuckian! hello, friend!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

listen, folks. my brain feels like mush and i'm having to give myself some pretty massive pep talks to keep thinking about arranging words into a semblance of coherency. but i keep thinking and planning and jotting down. i've got 23 of my 30 days covered so far. so i'm not feeling completely terrible about the whole thing.

but do this we shall. in a time when i feel like lots of things have slipped beyond my control, i can control the output of poetry and words i put into the world. take heart, friends!  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

DaisyGrace said:listen, folks. my brain feels like mush and i'm having to give myself some pretty massive pep talks to keep thinking about arranging words into a semblance of coherency. but i keep thinking and planning and jotting down. i've got 23 of my 30 days covered so far. so i'm not feeling completely terrible about the whole thing.

but do this we shall. in a time when i feel like lots of things have slipped beyond my control, i can control the output of poetry and words i put into the world. take heart, friends!  

Indeed, Daisy.  Poetry is our binding agent through times such as these.  Thank you for that. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:T-Minus FIVE Days, POETS!

You MUST register in this thread by no later than your midnight on March 31st to participate in the challenge.  Just type, "I'm in!" plus your location and timezone.  

What have you got to lose DUPeeps?

Let's say you run out of gas after 25 days or 20 days or 15 days or .... so what?

It's just an opportunity to write more than usual, but with a crowd of poets there to help take an eraser to whatever doubts or insecurities of yours that already hold you back.

anvinvil
Anvillan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 90

Poetry manifests through inspiration. It’s not like method writing, ie 8:00 to noon..
Inspiration can’t be forced it just happens... and 30 days means a lot of happening.😩🤔😄

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 577

tiny gods, people are prepping? 😬 i am heinously under prepar'd & don't have two words to rub together in hopes ov sparking a poem 🤣

remind me again, why i'm doing this

JusTim_
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 171

_shadoe_ said:tiny gods, people are prepping? 😬 i am heinously under prepar'd & don't have two words to rub together in hopes ov sparking a poem 🤣

Fear and spontaneity stimulate the brain, dare I say similar to an endorphin rush 🤪😜

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

anvinvil said:Poetry manifests through inspiration. It’s not like method writing, ie 8:00 to noon..
Inspiration can’t be forced it just happens... and 30 days means a lot of happening.😩🤔😄

And it's been happening for years in NaPo's throughout the world.

_shadoe_ said:tiny gods, people are prepping? 😬 i am heinously under prepar'd & don't have two words to rub together in hopes ov sparking a poem 🤣

You know it will come!  It always does!

I received my epic topic last night and the outline is falling right into place! That's how I know it's the one!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

anvinvil said:Poetry manifests through inspiration. It’s not like method writing, ie 8:00 to noon..

i've been doing it for years. and not just during NaPo. i do have a specific time every day that I write. I also follow a schedule of days to write new stuff and days to work on older stuff. it just depends on the person.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

i did several years of no prepping and it was fine. but last year i decided to stick with a theme and really felt like it was a tiny bit easier. and i felt the writing was better. for me anyway. not everyone works that way.

so fly by the seat of your pants, friend! it will all be fine.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

DaisyGrace said:

i did several years of no prepping and it was fine. but last year i decided to stick with a theme and really felt like it was a tiny bit easier. and i felt the writing was better. for me anyway. not everyone works that way.

so fly by the seat of your pants, friend! it will all be fine.

Yes, while a theme can appear intimidating, it really isn't difficult at all as long as you are passionate about the subject.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

DaisyGrace said:listen, folks. my brain feels like mush and i'm having to give myself some pretty massive pep talks to keep thinking about arranging words into a semblance of coherency. but i keep thinking and planning and jotting down. i've got 23 of my 30 days covered so far. so i'm not feeling completely terrible about the whole...

You are THAT FAR AHEAD!?

You and God need to have a talk about social distancing....

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

EdibleWords said:

You are THAT FAR AHEAD!?

You and God need to have a talk about social distancing....

in the spirit of honesty, i've been thinking about my NaPo theme since early January. I haven't written anything down other than ideas. but it's been brewing. and when i say that i've got days covered, that just means i have 23 ideas jotted down. i'm assuming that i'll use one idea per day. when i get in the thick of it, i might end up not using one at all. or i'll use three in one day.

i didn't mean to make anyone feel inadequate or like they aren't ready for this! you can totally do it!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

DaisyGrace said:

in the spirit of honesty, i've been thinking about my NaPo theme since early January. I haven't written anything down other than ideas. but it's been brewing. and when i say that i've got days covered, that just means i have 23 ideas jotted down. i'm assuming that i'll use one idea per day. when i get in the thick of it, i might end up not using one at all. or i'll use three in one day.

i didn't mean to make anyone feel inadequate or like they aren't ready for this! you can totally do it!

You're good! I'm just teasing! 🙃

thepositivelydark
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 28th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 134

Hello, DU; very, very lost poet here trying to find her way(and writing soul) back...I'm in! Philippines, GMT+8. 💓

Go to page:
Go to: