Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Tallen said:
i am very anxious and maybe it's because i haven't been writing (bits and pieces in my journal) and i have no muses to spur and or ignite my "Git-Up-and-Go"

i
WILL finish one a day for thirty but most of it will be crap i suspect.

i have jotted down 24 prompts for me (may not use them all .....)

So just wanted to share with all You 1st Timers --
no matter how many times we do this
every single one of us (with the exception for JB and Viddax) often have the jitters and not certain if we can do this again.  

This is my very first NaPo and since I have zero idea what I’m getting myself into I am not currently feeling nervous. Ask me how I’m feeling day two
I thought I would try some sort of theme but here we are less than a week away and it’s clear that I’ll be winging it Yikes!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Eerie said:

This is my very first NaPo and since I have zero idea what I’m getting myself into I am not currently feeling nervous. Ask me how I’m feeling day two
I thought I would try some sort of theme but here we are less than a week away and it’s clear that I’ll be winging it Yikes!

Hi Eerie... and bless your heart!  Your description of how you’re feeling at the moment is taking some of us multiple returnees such as myself back to when we were in your situation.  

It’s fun to reminisce through all the years I’ve run the Nap for all the years I’ve done.  And from my ‘hands on’, it was always on that second day that I felt now I had broken the ice with nerves, and now I could breathe, collect myself, and get on with doing what I love most - writing poetry.

And remember, there will be the support all around you for the 30 days... and beyond!

With my best wishes, Eerie

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

Jade-Pandora said:

Hi Eerie... and bless your heart!  Your description of how you’re feeling at the moment is taking some of us multiple returnees such as myself back to when we were in your situation.  

It’s fun to reminisce through all the years I’ve run the Nap for all the years I’ve done.  And from my ‘hands on’, it was always on that second day that I felt now I had broken the ice with nerves, and now I could breathe, collect myself, and get on with doing what I love most - writing poetry.

And remember, there will be the support all around you for the 30 days... and beyond!

With my best wishes, Eerie

Thanks, Jade! I didn’t have time to breathe this time last year, let alone try to slog through this 30 day challenge! I’m excited for the opportunity to give it a go this year!

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 577

Eerie said:

^^^^^^^
so much this 😬
i'm heading in with no plan {&} no muse aaaaaaaaand just hoping i limp across the finish line

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14554

Eerie said:

Thanks, Jade! I didn’t have time to breathe this time last year, let alone try to slog through this 30 day challenge! I’m excited for the opportunity to give it a go this year!

Not necessarily true, Eerie.  I haven't received the theme for my epic yet; however, know I will.  I think last year it was the day before the challenge started. I thought I had this year; however, the outline didn't pan out. That's how I can always tell. . .

It'll come; if not a theme then a daily idea.  

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

_shadoe_ said:

^^^^^^^
so much this 😬
i'm heading in with no plan {&} no muse aaaaaaaaand just hoping i limp across the finish line

Haha I’m lacking a muse as well

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

Ahavati said:

Not necessarily true, Eerie.  I haven't received the theme for my epic yet; however, know I will.  I think last year it was the day before the challenge started. I thought I had this year; however, the outline didn't pan out. That's how I can always tell. . .

It'll come; if not a theme then a daily idea.  

If I were doing an epic and hadn’t  received my theme yet, I’d be sweatin’ it

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Eerie said:

It’s like Ahavati sited about how it’s going with her plans about what she thought would be an epic plan.  But when the moment comes and we hit the track running, if it goes to something different, day-by-day, then embrace it - write as it comes. no need to overthink it.

Eerie, I... we... know you’ll be fine.

🐾rawr

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Eerie said:

If I were doing an epic and hadn’t  received my theme yet, I’d be sweatin’ it

I'm nervous, yes. But, I know it will come. This is my 12th NaPo, and fourth with an epic.  It always comes!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 925

I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SatInUGal said:I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.'

Watch what you say! Johnny is incorporating it into the script!  I believe you were almost fed to the sharks last year but were saved by fairy dust?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Did someone say sharks? We're way past feeding time!!

poet Anonymous

SatInUGal said:I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.

yep, i think someone mentioned ' performance anxiety' and this is going to be a bit of that . i just know I'm going to write random bizarre crap. i am going to try to think of the future of my kids while doing this.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

nomoth said:

yep, i think someone mentioned ' performance anxiety' and this is going to be a bit of that . i just know I'm going to write random bizarre crap. i am going to try to think of the future of my kids while doing this.

What would DUP be without random bizarre crap?

We look forward to it.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:'

Watch what you say! Johnny is incorporating it into the script!  I believe you were almost fed to the sharks last year but were saved by fairy dust?

Bwahahaha!

SatInUGal said:I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm picturing you suspended in a disco cage during an early 80's musical number ...

Go to page:
Go to: