Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

SatInUGal said:I'm in! California, Pacific.

Woot!  We've been wait'n on ya to put that foot down!  Welcome back, Kumar! You are officially R50!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

Smile status: beaming (up)

anvinvil
Anvillan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 90

Hey,
Is there any way to upload rather than compose on line? T.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

anvinvil said:Hey,
Is there any way to upload rather than compose on line? T.

Can you compose in Microsoft Word or any sort of Notepad?

Then just copy / paste to DUP.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Woot!  We've been wait'n on ya to put that foot down!  Welcome back, Kumar! You are officially R50!

Wow.

And I thought last year was EPIC.

http://www.poeticmedics.com/napowrimo_2019_poems/napowrimo_2019_poems.html

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Wow.

And I thought last year was EPIC.

http://www.poeticmedics.com/napowrimo_2019_poems/napowrimo_2019_poems.html

I think I just fainted! Definitely regrouping here, keeping work and my own writing in mind.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I think I just fainted! Definitely regrouping here, keeping work and my own writing in mind.

No worries - I catches you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

No worries - I catches you!

Yes; but how longs can you hold mes?!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Yes; but how longs can you hold mes?!

My calendar is clears for 30 days!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

My calendar is clears for 30 days!!

Hopefully everyone will understands if we's gets a bit distracted from time to times.

AND. . .with that, If I do not already have it, I am requesting all participants to email their email address to poeticmedics@gmail.com so that I can add you to this year's NaPo folder! You will NOT be spammed with anything; however, I may be contacting you regarding featuring one of your poems on a graphic throughout the competition, particularly the new entrants.  

Thank you!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 890

What a lovely thread.  I’m nervous as hell now, with the date looming so close, but I’ve cleared the schedule of distractions and deleted FB so I can focus.  I’m looking really forward to breaking out of my comfort zone to participate.  I generally only write as my muse dictates so this will be a real challenge for me.  I dig it.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LunaGreyhawk said:What a lovely thread.  I’m nervous as hell now, with the date looming so close, but I’ve cleared the schedule of distractions and deleted FB so I can focus.  I’m looking really forward to breaking out of my comfort zone to participate.  I generally only write as my muse dictates so this will be a real challenge for me.  I dig it.  

What a GREAT way to prepare!

The thing is, you're stepping out on faith and poetry won't let you down.  It will challenge you to re-evaluate your definition of it as having to be perfect.  Just as a painting, it needs to evolve from its gessoed base stage to become what it will become over time.

When this is over, you will be proud of yourself; you will have poems you never imagined, and you will have poems that need future editing.  The point being, you chose the red pill, ergo, will have 30 poems in 30 days!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

i am very anxious and maybe it's because i haven't been writing (bits and pieces in my journal) and i have no muses to spur and or ignite my "Git-Up-and-Go"

i
WILL finish one a day for thirty but most of it will be crap i suspect.

i have jotted down 24 prompts for me (may not use them all .....)

So just wanted to share with all You 1st Timers --
no matter how many times we do this
every single one of us (with the exception for JB and Viddax) often have the jitters and not certain if we can do this again.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Tallen said:
i am very anxious and maybe it's because i haven't been writing (bits and pieces in my journal) and i have no muses to spur and or ignite my "Git-Up-and-Go"

i
WILL finish one a day for thirty but most of it will be crap i suspect.

i have jotted down 24 prompts for me (may not use them all .....)

So just wanted to share with all You 1st Timers --
no matter how many times we do this
every single one of us (with the exception for JB and Viddax) often have the jitters and not certain if we can do this again.  

Oh, this year I'm kinda nervous. Usually I just wing it, but this year I'm entertaining the idea of an epic poem and all I have is the title so far . . .

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

JohnnyBlaze said:

Oh, this year I'm kinda nervous. Usually I just wing it, but this year I'm entertaining the idea of an epic poem and all I have is the title so far . . .

Oooo!  Oooo!  Oooo!
PM me the title and i can toss some weird shit Your way!  

i was thinking this year i would continue with a series relating to last year's  Biscuit Camels -- You know......one "dump" after another  

Go to page:
Go to: