Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Commentonly said:I’m in

Australia

Eastern daylight savings time

Miserylives said:Oh I'm definitely in,  West Michigan EST

Great to see two more Cadets join the crew! Welcome aboard!

We'll touch upon some of the rules in Starfleet Academy later this afternoon, but for now . . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

We're up to 44 participants from 11 countries so far, in the final countdown for launch into the deep spaces of poetry!

Ahavati said it was going to be EPIC and she was not kidding. There's still time to register before Midnight of March 31st. We hope more of you will join us in boldly braving where no poet has braved before!

anvinvil
Anvillan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 90

I’m in VT, EST

anvinvil
Anvillan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Feb 2020

anvinvil said:I’m in VT, EST
Life is fleeting, only death is real...

anvinvil
Anvillan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Feb 2020

I’m in... Vermont,  EST

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

anvinvil said:I’m in... Vermont,  EST

Welcome, anvinvil!  I believe you would be N45, but we're a bit overwhelmed right now so let me double-check!

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Gahddess_Worship said:Yay! I am glad you are back Katja.

like i would miss this madness :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

_shadoe_ said:

You look HAWT!

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Ahavati said:

You look HAWT!

i feel like a sexy moth

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

_shadoe_ said:

i feel like a sexy moth

Speaking of our prodigal earth child/sexy moth. . .

Meet _shadoe_, aka Nyota Uhura, Lieutenant, Communications Officer of the USS Stanza!

She says she writes because she must. . .

my confessional style has allow'd me to vivisect my past {&} present self in a not too gruesome way.  i've join'd NaPo {again} because it's an amazing challenge that forces you to dig deeper than the surface. also, the team are some of the most talent'd writers; being amongst them makes you want to pick up your game. it's a huge honor being invit'd to attempt this behemoth once more.

Thank you, _shadoe_ Lieutenant Uhura, for your dedication to DU, and commitment to Team NaPo 2020!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

_shadoe_ said:

I’ve missed your presence, sister

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Cadets, this will be your final class regarding the NaPoWriMo 2020 rules here at Starfleet Academy.

It is our sincere attempt to push you out of any comfort zone into the Neutral Zone so you can walk away more thoroughly challenged than you already are.

Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and these rules are necessary - or otherwise a few too many of you would skate by writing Haikus and Limericks!

====================

One Poem Per Day Rule

You can only post one poem per day between 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM in your time zone.

And by poem, we mean poetry, not prose. Prose entries will be rejected. We know the difference.

It's best you not tempt fate with what you insist qualifies as poetry. Not everything written is poetry by default of personal perspective. This is not up for debate. If you honestly don't know the difference, that is a different story that we will take that into consideration should the occasion arise.

Entries must be in English, but you are welcome to accompany them with translations.

====================

Posting Graphics, Images, & Videos

Posting such to accompany your entries is NOT allowed. Your focus should be on your poetry rather than attention grabs that distract readers from other entries.

Only hosts Ahavati and JohnnyBlaze may post such throughout the challenge thread in an official capacity to promote NaPo if necessary.

====================

Final Award Check

After the FINAL entry is submitted on April 30th, Ahavati and I will double check entries to ensure they are viable. It only takes 1 ineligible entry out of 30 to negate your acquisition of the trophy. Be sure your work adheres to the rules!

We'd hate to see you go through all that hard work to come up empty handed: however, we will not grant you something the other participants sacrificed and worked hard to achieve by following these rules and guidelines.

While this may sound harsh, rules accompanied with penalties are necessary to offset the fact that our NaPo/GloProWriMo challenge is extremely flexible.

There are rules to EVERY competition on DUP which, if violated, run the risk of forfeiting the trophy. This challenge is no different. If you aren't going to concern yourself with knowing the rules, then you should avoid entering any competitions. If you don't want to miss out on acquiring a trophy AFTER all of your efforts, then make certain you do!

====================

In case either you haven't been able to read through the million pages of this thread, here are the other rules we've already touched upon.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/470570/gotopost/
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/470986/gotopost/
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/471461/gotopost/
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/471807/gotopost/

ALL of the rules will be available together on April 1st in the actual challenge thread posted to the Competition forum.

Go to page:
Go to: