Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

( Thank you to those enjoying the journey! )

Greetings, Poets!  Congratulations! If you see two starts adjacent to your little space ship, you have successfully navigated the rules and made it to Day 10 of the Challenge!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

EPISODE 10/30

The situation was dire indeed; Smorgus Borgians, always hungry, constantly needed to feed. Everyone on the Stanza risked being processed into faux ham, preserved without expiration dates in cans of SPAM!

And with most precious time now siphoned away, it was getting that much closer to the Month of May. One of many reasons why NaPoWriMo participants had to write Write WRITE! from the crack of dawn and on through the night - because shit happens - it "can" literally "get in the way"!

Before being drawn into the mammoth cube's Cornucopia with not a moment to spare, OrQ suddenly returned with a Tow Pod, pulling the Stanza out of there! As he towed them with hook and chain across space, the final frontier, to the nearest service station asteroid - OrQ apologized for having to disappear.

This was a crisis he hoped to avoid, saying "To my almost godlike brain, the encounter with the Borgian's cube was revealed. So I traveled back in time to save every NaPo participant, Returning and Newb. It was ultimately my fault the Stanza's End Stop was banana peeled ... because I'm the one who firstly stole the Muses and got all of you into this mess. Sorry, guys."

There was moisture and regret in his eyes.

However, there was nothing to forgive and it was easy to forget. April was as kind as it was cruel. Live and let live.

Brokenpoet2020
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 49

Hi all, I’m so sorry I’ve been unable to get into the site for three days!! No matter what I tried I couldn’t get on. I finally got a message from  internet provider today it’s because it’s an over 18 site and I’d just changed my provider 🤦🏽‍♀️🙃 I now have to catch up so double posting today if that’s ok?!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Brokenpoet2020 said:Hi all, I’m so sorry I’ve been unable to get into the site for three days!! No matter what I tried I couldn’t get on. I finally got a message from  internet provider today it’s because it’s an over 18 site and I’d just changed my provider 🤦🏽‍♀️🙃 I now have to catch up so double posting today if that’s ok?!

That's fine, BP.  Thanks for letting us know.  Just follow the format of two poems in one post, clearly numbered and titles bolded.

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 336

ImperfectedStone said:I write on the day. Think it is more in line with the energy of NaPo. That said, I'm being very strict with myself this year, what I expect, when I can write, where I must sit to write etc - something the other years have taught me is completely necessary for completion and it's working well.

I also write on the day after doing all my chores.  Usually  just few hours or an hour before midnight since my day starts in the afternoon.

NewBeginnings
Tyrant of Words
United States 18awards
Joined 6th June 2017
Forum Posts: 102

A lot of great poetry has come of this, already, and we're only 10 days into April... I'm starting to regret not participating. Perhaps I have commitment issues, heh. Maybe next year

I have, however, been trying to write more frequently, considering the time. Also, I've started sharing more of my poetry on social media, and encouraging others to write in light of NaPoWriMo. I actually had a friend of mine, who had never really written poetry send me a moving poem that they wrote with my encouragement... it made me really happy, and connected me with a soul which I would have not otherwise known. Poetry breaks social barriers and cuts through the BS and small-talk, straight to the heart of the person. That's one reason I love it so much.

P.S. thank you to the dedicated members who host these competitions and work hard to keep this community fun, fair, and interesting. You guys are awesome

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, NB. We greatly appreciate that observation.  It may seem like a daunting task to many who have not undertaken it; however, for a writer it's totally doable. Hope to see you next year.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Something to consider

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

NewBeginnings said:A lot of great poetry has come of this, already, and we're only 10 days into April... I'm starting to regret not participating. Perhaps I have commitment issues, heh. Maybe next year

I have, however, been trying to write more frequently, considering the time. Also, I've started sharing more of my poetry on social media, and encouraging others to write in light of NaPoWriMo. I actually had a friend of mine, who had never really written poetry send me a moving poem that they wrote with my encouragement... it made me really happy, and connected me with a soul which I would have not otherwise known. Poetry breaks social barriers and cuts through the BS and small-talk, straight to the heart of the person. That's one reason I love it so much.

P.S. thank you to the dedicated members who host these competitions and work hard to keep this community fun, fair, and interesting. You guys are awesome

😎☑️NewBeginnings

Me too! 🔝about the team!!!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:Something to consider

2️⃣😎

👏💩🔥

That idea should be the virus!

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

NB, EW, you can totally do this 😙💚 just trying and working your way up will create so much personal growth and understanding. JB, A and NaPo have helped me develop style, learn dedication and believe in myself. Give it a go, you may shock yourself.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Ahavati said:As for the rest of you, April can be the cruelest month, particularly in the second week

^^^^^^^^
😩 so there right now. procrastinated all day and just puk'd up the first fifty words i could think ov in the nick ov time.
inspiration is so skaars soos ‘n tweedehandse doodskis

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

oops

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

_shadoe_ said:
^^^^^^^^
😩 so there right now. procrastinated all day and just puk'd up the first fifty words i could think ov in the nick ov time.
inspiration is so skaars soos ‘n tweedehandse doodskis

I vomited some shit on a page in the nick of time two days ago. Not a good feeling.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Ahavati said:oops

saw that ltm
it's actually really sweet considering how serious things are on that side of the pond 🖤

Eerie said:

I vomited some shit on a page in the nick of time two days ago. Not a good feeling.

newp not good at all. i hate feeling like I've half-ars'd it

Go to page:
Go to: