Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 796

DaisyGrace said:

exactly! don't grocery shop when you're hungry. same exact thing.

while in the midst of the trial, i can't really focus on any one emotion or action. but once i'm out of it, i can look back and see exactly what it felt like or what i did.

Sometimes in the midst of trials especially relationship challenges I am a blithering idiot so best not to write then...kinda like drunk dialing. Although it makes for some pretty hilarious, sincerely vulnerable, downright embarrassing reads.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Eerie said:

I’ve been writing everything on the day as well. I tried to plan an epic or something a little more theme based but was coming up dry so I decided to wing it each day and write about whatever was happening or whatever I happened to be thinking about the most. I am like you in that I find it easier to write when in a particular state of mind. I have mostly not been able to get away from that.
At this point, I’m just impressed that I’ve been able to produce seven days in a row. It’s been a good challenge!

so much ditto to this. i had no grand plan and now i'm winging it and hoping that my crazy use of punctuation makes up for very lackluster writing 🤣

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

_shadoe_ said:

so much ditto to this. i had no grand plan and now i'm winging it and hoping that my crazy use of punctuation makes up for very lackluster writing 🤣

I’ve hit an absolute brick wall today. I. Will. Not. Panic. 🥳

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

Eerie said:

I’ve hit an absolute brick wall today. I. Will. Not. Panic. 🥳

you've been putting up some aaaahmazing work, i'm sure you'll kick all kinds of arse today too 🖤✒️

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

_shadoe_ said:

you've been putting up some aaaahmazing work, i'm sure you'll kick all kinds of arse today too 🖤✒️

Thank you ☺️

At this point I’m just hoping to have an offering before midnight 🩸

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

Thank you A! Graphics are insane this year!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

I write in the morning, then I'm usually busy and consider it again in the evening and post it. I've always felt writing on the day from scratch is in the spirit of NaPo - even if it's crappy.

poet Anonymous

Josh said:I write in the morning, then I'm usually busy and consider it again in the evening and post it. I've always felt writing on the day from scratch is in the spirit of NaPo - even if it's crappy.

Your last write reminded me of this article

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/only-60-years-of-farming-left-if-soil-degradation-continues/

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Somedays the muse is there and I can barely contain and somedays even a good gps could not locate it now matter how deep I reach.
but a bottle of good wine always helps ;)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Commentonly said:

Your last write reminded me of this article

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/only-60-years-of-farming-left-if-soil-degradation-continues/

My Day-8 poem on p.24 of NaPo I take it. Thank you, yes. I remember that UN pronouncement and Veronika (my wife) quoted it in her book "Humus: Black Gold of the Earth" (by Veronika Bond, available via Amazon )

poet Anonymous

Layla said:Somedays the muse is there and I can barely contain and somedays even a good gps could not locate it now matter how deep I reach.

I find reading and playing with ideas helps me out the most, I don’t handle my wine so well

poet Anonymous

Josh said:

My Day-8 poem on p.24 of NaPo I take it. Thank you, yes. I remember that UN pronouncement and Veronika (my wife) quoted it in her book "Humus: Black Gold of the Earth" (by Veronika Bond, available via Amazon )

Sorry yes should have been more specific but it really hit on the old memory button and I rushed to post

I’ll look into the book there is a farmer I believe in Queensland who spent close to 5 years and nearly lost everything to repopulate the soils with the correct bacterial and fungal alignments and I believe the farm has the highest yield and also the most nutrient dense foods, it’s been a long time since I read the article though

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Layla said:Somedays the muse is there and I can barely contain and somedays even a good gps could not locate it now matter how deep I reach.

I'm T-total from New Years Day to Easter Sunday this year - so I'm looking forward to that extra wine boost in a few days

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 903

Today's submission was my mulligan. First day I've really felt the pressure to do this, rather than finding inspiration somewhere.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

I’m thinking about trying the wine 😝

Go to page:
Go to: