Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

cabcool said:
Gosh, that was easy!
I've never "edited" my themes before, although I've modified them in general edit.

Thank you, Ahavati.

You're very welcome, Cabcool.  The site has some pretty cool features that manage to surprise even the veteran members.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 771

Ahavati said:

You're very welcome, Cabcool.  The site has some pretty cool features that manage to surprise even the veteran members.

So right you are!  I know I have much more to learn.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Good morning, Participants!  Congratulations, if you see a check beside your ( invisible ) little rocket ( or lollipop ), you've successfully made it to day seven, which will bring you 1/4th of the way home if you make it through!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

EPISODE 7/30

"Have no fear," said James T. Blaze in his duct taped Captain's chair. "We can engage the Warped Drive and be on the other side of the Universe in a few minutes!"

However, Spock-josh was apprehensive about taking any unnecessary risks.

"But Captain, without a properly calibrated End Stop Mechanism, there is a ninety-three percent likelihood of punctuating the fabric of Space and Time and creating a wormhole."

Rear Admiral DUG was very excited by the prospect!

"Sir, it's not that kind of a wormhole," Warfyroo whispered in his ear.

Dispirited, DUG sank back into his chair.

"No buts, no guts, no coconuts nor glory!" Blaze declared and hit the BIG GREEN BUTTON.

Being color blind, he pushed the BIG BLUE BUTTON instead and emptied the trash compactor. A few moments later, T'PoetsRevenge returned from her spacewalk covered in upside down pineapples and fostered banana peels.

Nurse Daisy Chapel giggled.

Commander Deannavati - aware that Poetry waits for no man, woman, or worm - pushed the actual BIG GREEN BUTTON and the USS Stanza lunged into Typer Space.

"Goddammit!" hollered Poppykat through her communicator. "I'm still on Rhymulus! Is anyone going to beam us the fuck up?!"

GULP.

Just then Redshirted chezz disappeared down the throat of a giant Venus flytrap on the other side of the sign that warned DO NOT FEED THE PLANTLIFE.

"Uhh ... make that just me," she said.

And it was AFTER doing a u-turn in the parking lot of the Typer Space Bar, returning to fly over Rhymulus, abd beaming aboard Poppykat - then Then THEN! the Poet Wardens were FINALLY on their way to recovering the twice stolen Muses and once stolen Webmistress.

phew

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

😳

Hyperdrive.... got me on the edge of my seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
👏👏👏👏

Keep 'em comin' Cap'n!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

How is it going for all you Poetfleet Cadets and Wardens?

Are you taking full advantage of the benefits built into the Rules?

Kinkpoet
Tyrant of Words
United States 11awards
Joined 9th May 2019
Forum Posts: 1033

JohnnyBlaze said:How is it going for all you Poetfleet Cadets and Wardens?

Are you taking full advantage of the benefits built into the Rules?

Quivering quasars Cap’n,! What benefits are hidden within the rules?.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Kinkpoet said:

Quivering quasars Cap’n,! What benefits are hidden within the rules?.

They aren't hidden, but in plain sight!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

They aren't hidden, but in plain sight!

Right. If anything, after a week, you should be realizing a thing or two: firstly, you can write poetry daily regardless of how you feel or your situation; and, secondly, you can do this by sheer determination rather than inspiration.

I posted a quote recently that said if you wait for inspiration then you're not a writer but a waiter.  Conquer the need to write in the future not by inspiration alone ( if it comes certainly take advantage of it ), but by the determination that you have shown this week.    

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Right. If anything, after a week, you should be realizing a thing or two: firstly, you can write poetry daily regardless of how you feel or your situation; and, secondly, you can do this by sheer determination rather than inspiration.

I posted a quote recently that said if you wait for inspiration then you're not a writer but a waiter.  Conquer the need to write in the future not by inspiration alone ( if it comes certainly take advantage of it ), but by the determination that you have shown this week.    

Exactly!

I'm already writing my April 12 entry at this very moment.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Exactly!

I'm already writing my April 12 entry at this very moment.

* SLAP *

( I haven't even started number seven! )

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

* SLAP *

( I haven't even started number seven! )

Owwies!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Owwies!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018