Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

LOL! This is great! Returnees can't seem to get ahead of new entrants!  

12/12

Welcome, Vamps!  We look forward to seeing your offerings!

Misfitpoet89
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 151

*salutes* I’m in captains!  California. Pacific Daylight Savings time (PDST) (not right this second but as soon as the competition begins)

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Misfitpoet89 said:*salutes* I’m in captains!  California. Pacific Daylight Savings time (PDST) (not right this second but as soon as the competition begins)

Good to see you back!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Didn't anyone invite i_is_me?
He makes the best roast!
(As in, I have a Pan \ a magical pan)

(While I'm asking, who's on first??)

Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 274

EdibleWords said:Didn't anyone invite i_is_me?
He makes the best roast!
(As in, I have a Pan \ a magical pan)

(While I'm asking, who's on first??)

Yes I invited him to join when I signed up.... He's one of my biggest supporters....  I'm not sure he's interested though.... 😭😭☹️☹️

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Sex_on_the_Joe said:

Yes I invited him to join when I signed up.... He's one of my biggest supporters....  I'm not sure he's interested though.... 😭😭☹️☹️

Well, although everyone ( who adheres to site guidelines ) is welcome to participate, the challenge is not for always for everyone.

For example, some people find the idea of writing on command goes against their nature, same as people who feel a poem shouldn't be tampered with once it is written. Everything has to be pure - the timing and expression of it, or otherwise its not considered true poetry in their eyes.

Or perhaps they know they have too busy of a schedule, thus can't fully commit themselves and would prefer to give it their full attention.

And then there are writers who deal mainly with "shock value" content, which the DUP Official NaPoWrimo is not an appropriate platform for, and they would rather not have to put a leash on themselves by demonstrating any sort of restraint - which we fully understand.

However, our challenge is very flexible, and as we unveil bits and pieces of the Rules in coming weeks, hopefully anyone apprehensive about throwing their hats into the ring will change their minds.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Well, although everyone ( who adheres to site guidelines ) is welcome to participate, the challenge is not for always for everyone.

[ . . . ]

Also, this is not an "invitation only" challenge; it's open to everyone per the specifications outlined above.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Good morning DUPeeps! Are you all getting excited yet?! Are you still on the fence?!  Nervous? Experiencing doubts? Well don't! With a team of supportive members behind you, not to mention the camaraderie of fellow participants, you'll stay inspired and energized throughout the challenge!

In the interim, enjoy "Nurse Christine Chapel's" ( aka DaisyGrace ) poetic contribution, collide.  

Be sure to visit Daisy's DU page and enjoy her offerings!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems-by/DaisyGrace/

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1879

Ahavati said:Good morning DUPeeps! Are you all getting excited yet?! Are you still on the fence?!  Nervous? Experiencing doubts? Well don't! With a team of supportive members behind you, not to mention the camaraderie of fellow participants, you'll stay inspired and energized throughout the challenge!

In the interim, enjoy "Nurse Christine Chapel's" ( aka DaisyGrace ) poetic contribution, collide.  

Be sure to visit Daisy's DU page and enjoy her offerings!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems-by/DaisyGrace/

Im hanging over the fence

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1374

AspergerPoet56 said:

Im hanging over the fence

well, drop on over to the dark side! we have cupcakes!

or something like that.

seriously, though. it is such a good experience. you will be incredibly proud of yourself. JOIN US!!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

DaisyGrace said:

well, drop on over to the dark side! we have cupcakes!

. . .

You have proof of that?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Count me in.
I've never done this so I'll definitely give it a try.  PST.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1374

Ahavati said:

You have proof of that?

I made these last night! Will that do as proof?!

(By the way, there are lemon curd filled cupcakes in this picture!)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

GREAT! Welcome, Layla! And, welcome back, travelingfairyperson!  LOL! Returning and new registrants are still neck-to-neck!

13/13!

There you go, Tallen! Your numbers!

Go to page:
Go to: