Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5962

cloventongue89 said:When you say comments on entries, do you mean individually as far as offering feedback to poets on their entries and is that public or in private messages?

It means we're working our asses off behind the scenes while trying to find time to write and publicly comment on the work of others.  

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1188

I don't know how you do it, either, but we love your dedication!! This is a mammoth celebration of a very important skill.

Poetry is an unexpected rescue tool.
I believe it saves lives
Every year.

Go DUP!
Ahavati!!
And team NaPo!!!

Okay...

I have to go back to bed...
I have a weird life

One day writing will be
a tool that saves my life...

If it hasn't already

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Greetings Entrants!  If you have a little rocket beside your name, congratulations! You successfully made it to day six of the challenge!

Please remember there is no banter or comments in the official competition!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2600

EPISODE 6/30

"Why you devious distemporal demi-goddish dipstick!"

As Miss Indie of Nine was busy alliterating OrQ, a giant eye appeared on the bridge's view screen.

It was more unnerving than the OrQ selfies!

"I recognize that iris anywhere!" cried out Dug. "It belongs to our Webmistress, Vice Admiral of the Poetic Federation!"

And her British accent came over the loudspeaker in a crackled tone. "Poet Wardens, I ----- to you now ----- Good and Bad Newses. First, ---- Good Newses. I have ---- stolen Muses."

Almost everyone cheered - even T'PoetsRevenge, who was space walking on the roof of the Stanza and adjusting the television antenna.

"Drat!" cried OrQ. "She must have pilfered the Muses from my Infinite Bag of Holding while I was getting a lump of sugar for her tea!"

"That's right," the Vice Admiral concurred. "I couldn't allow you to play such a devious prank on our NaPoWriMo 2020 participants. Unfortunately, the Bad Newses is, shortly after the tea party, I was abducted by a pair of Impostraphes. They took possession of the Muses and are holding me as their hostage on Planet Quoteunquote!"

And that in itself was even more Badder Newses, because Impostraphes traveling in pairs were difficult to distinguish from the planet's natives, the Quotations - ruled by the royal monarchs known across the galaxy as the Marks Brothers.

"This is an effin quotastrophe!" cried Bones McTallen. "Quoteunquote is on the other side of the Universe, our dilithium batteries are only at sixty-eight percent charge, and we haven't even had had lunch yet!"

Sex_on_the_Joe
Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 135

Ahavati said:Greetings Entrants!  If you have a little rocket beside your name, congratulations! You successfully made it to day six of the challenge!

Please remember there is no banter or comments in the official competition!

I m sorry but is it just me or am I not seeing any rocketships.... 😔😔😔😔

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Sex_on_the_Joe said:

I m sorry but is it just me or am I not seeing any rocketships.... 😔😔😔😔

They already reached the atmosphere; you're too late.

Sex_on_the_Joe
Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 18th Sep 2018

Ahavati said:

They already reached the atmosphere; you're too late.

Hahaha!!!!  Was one of those rocketships mine??

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2600

Sex_on_the_Joe said:

Hahaha!!!!  Was one of those rocketships mine??

Yep! Those of us who survived the launch are now entering the final frontiers of poetry!

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
147awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5087

Now everyone who publishes poems that have anything to do with the current pandemic, or any pandemic, can add it as a hashtag.  Once the required total is met, people will be able to tap on it and access the gallery of growing pieces in that category.

Sex_on_the_Joe
Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 18th Sep 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yep! Those of us who survived the launch are now entering the final frontiers of poetry!

Yay!!!!! I'm off in space.... 😛😛😛

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Sex_on_the_Joe said:

Yay!!!!! I'm off in space.... 😛😛😛

You might want to get glasses to enhance your sight

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1675

Jade-Pandora said:Now everyone who publishes poems that have anything to do with the current pandemic, or any pandemic, can add it as a hashtag.  Once the required total is met, people will be able to tap on it and access the gallery of growing pieces in that category.

That would be the Pale Horse
referenced in the Book of Revelations, right?

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Fire of Insight
United States
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 347

Tallen said:

That would be the Pale Horse
referenced in the Book of Revelations, right?

that would depend on if you count the pandemic as pestilence or death. the pale horse is ridden by death in the book of revelation. the white horse is pestilence.

such lovely monday morning chatter!

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1675

DaisyGrace said:

that would depend on if you count the pandemic as pestilence or death. the pale horse is ridden by death in the book of revelation. the white horse is pestilence.

such lovely monday morning chatter!

ah so!
i was reading up on how the bible has many predictions about two-thirds and or a quarter of the population perishing due to pestilence.

& then i came upon this article:

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/the-horsemen-of-revelation/the-horsemen-of-revelation-the-pale-horse-of-pestilence

cabcool
cabcool
Fire of Insight
Jamaica
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 287

Jade-Pandora said:Now everyone who publishes poems that have anything to do with the current pandemic, or any pandemic, can add it as a hashtag.  Once the required total is met, people will be able to tap on it and access the gallery of growing pieces in that category.

Do you mean now poems, moving forward, or does this include those written since the start of the pandemic?

Go to page:
Go to: