Official DU NaPoWriMo 2020 Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Promo Video can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUpUbiYKuE

DUPeeps, welcome to the Fourth Official DUP NaPo/GloPoWriMo 2020 Registration from your CoHosts, Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze!

Sign-up has begun and registration for this epic challenge will run the entire month of March. Last year we had 25 survivors limping cross the April 30th finish line, the largest NaPo in Du's History!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poetry-writing-month/

How many will we have this year?! Let's find out!

1. You must register by no later than midnight ( your time zone ), March 31st with a post declaring, " I'm in! . . ." in THIS thread.

2. You must also declare your Location and Time Zone for our Time Keepers!

For example : " I'm in! North Carolina, EST "

3. You have one month to familiarize yourself with the challenge guidelines in the NaPo Q & A thread here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/poetry/read/10790/

4. You have one month to prepare for the challenge, and here is how to best accomplish this:

Jot down ideas into your Drafts or on separate pages of a notebook. It can be a couple words, a few lines or even a handful of stanzas - it doesn't matter. The point is, you spill an idea out onto a page in one sitting. Whatever ends up on the page in that session, you then LEAVE IT ALONE until April 1st. Hopefully when the competition kicks off, you will have plenty of raw ideas ready to be sculpted into rough drafts and then revised into polished works of art.

I write epics each year; therefore, once the idea comes to me ( which is often at the midnight hour ) I begin drafting an outline.

The spirit of NaPo is to write, write, and write, producing a body of work you wouldn't normally have. It teaches you, through discipline and commitment, that you have the ability to make writing a priority despite what's going on around you.

—You will be required to post 1 poem per day throughout the 30 days of April.

However, things are going to happen! Family emergencies, internet outages, previous engagements, etc ..... We understand that you may not be able to focus on writing or even access DUP on a day here and there for a multitude of "legitimate reasons";  therefore, you can be granted an excused absence by notifying Johnny or me.  We'll let the respective Team Member who is monitoring daily posts know so that they won't report you didn't post.  Makeup post instructions will be discussed in the official comp thread April 01st.  

You can take the initiative by completing poems ahead of schedule rather than scrambling to complete and post more than one in a day when you finally do have the opportunity.

—We will also be introducing our DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo Team Members and their responsibilities throughout registration in this thread daily!

You can recognize many of them by their Team NaPo 2020 Avatars!

Any questions, suggestions, or comments? Post'em here!

In the interim, enjoy previews of coming attractions to a galaxy somewhere near you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I'm in ( obviously )! North Carolina - EST

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1852

Now not sure if Location is right for the time zone, I’m still in GMT mode but since I googled the new one here goes ......

I’m in Edinburgh - UTC 0

Could be my first of many mistakes

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Arizona -- (UTC / GMT -7)  Mountain Standard Time

i'm in (jumping in to the Deep side of the pond)

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

In Australia GMT +10 Brisbane time.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:I'm in ( obviously )! North Carolina - EST

And what a lovely place Obviously, North Carolina is!

<--- excited tribbles

Live from Apparently, Wisconsin, CST and . . . I'm  . . . in . . . all the way! 🚀

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

I’m IN !  CALIFORNIA,  PST 🐾

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Testing

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Testing

Thank you. Much appreciated.  

Welcome everyone! This year is going to be epic!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

I’m in. Ohio EST 💫

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 145awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1751

Lt. Wallyworf reporting for duty, California, PST.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Whooo hooo! Epic!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

You can hear co-host Avahti talk about the birth and growth of NaPo in the next broadcast of the poetcast project. not to be missed

(Hope it's alright to post here)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:You can hear co-host Avahti talk about the birth and growth of NaPo in the next broadcast of the poetcast project. not to be missed

(Hope it's alright to post here)

Absolutely! It was a GREAT experience!  Thank you for all your hard work!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

I’m in! Kentucky, EST

Go to page:
Go to: