Go to page:

ATTENTION : ADMINISTRATORS

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14567

Layla said:@Ahavati, LOL, yeah.  At times it seems (IMO) very obvious and other times perhaps its overlooked but  It's best to eliminate something that is not serving any purpose except confusion.  

Bitter is as bitter does, and hurts no one but themselves.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

JohnnyBlaze said:

On the bright side, it seems to only be affecting the mobile device version of DUP. Anyone with a desktop or laptop should be okay. At least my laptop was responding normal.

Nope , happened on my computer , not mobile phone....

Just to be clear , for future possible reference...

poet Anonymous

Layla said:

Btw, if its too not too much trouble with the Webmiss can we get rid of the 'catchup' feature of login in after so many days and it takes us back to the page where we left off, lets say Q & A thread back to page 65 while its at 84 now, some end up answering something that was answered days ago, throwing off the whole sync.

It just seems pointless honestly, most don't even bother looking up two questions up to see what's going on much else to see that they're few pages behind.  Can we just keep it current?  To take us straight where the page is at or last post?

Layla, perhaps you could start a new suggestion thread because this one won’t be seen here, being that it’s not of the same topic? It’s definitely a good one and should be seen. I have further thoughts as well...

Ahavati said:

Damn good suggestion about the question thread. While some people obviously ignore, others do not.

In the highlighted above, in that one regard, I agree.

Ahavati said:

Damn good suggestion about the question thread. While some people obviously ignore, others do not.

I’d also like to address the other portion I’ve highlighted in the comment because respectfully, although you seemed to agree, I disagree; with that specific portion and my reasons why could also be discussed there. I feel they’re all relevant to the suggestion I’ll be making within yours, for what I believe could be for the greater good.

And let me throw it out there for the sake of saying it for everyone, please - there is no tone of any negative kind here - tone is typically interpreted based on the disposition of the reader, therefore I want to make mine to be perfectly clear. Normally, I would not submit thoughts for that very reason, but here I felt compelled to.

Please feel free to copy and paste this in it’s entirety into the new thread if you decide to create one. My thoughts and reasons are as follows for any and all reading:

It’s kind of unfair as a whole for someone, anyone actually, to be unable to participate when they’d like to and have the time to and then have assumptions made about them, if this “last question” is one they simply have no answer for or has no desire to answer; whatever the reason may be. I would imagine not everyone is comfortable answering every last question; I know I haven’t been, on several occasions, for many different reasons. So rather than answering said last question with “no comment”, “I can’t answer that”, “I have no idea”, “I have to plea the fifth”, “what I just read was as if written in Chinese when I only do English” etc and then asking a question, I personally, back out and end up just not participating. I also don’t always have the time to wait around for another entry. And that sucks because I had really good replies for other questions asked above me. Some people don’t do that; back out like me. Some still choose to participate however they can. Some questions do cause triggers, some are also out of another’s league, some just aren’t interesting to that person, so regardless of the next answer given, there’d still be a next question left by that individual, would there not?

At the same time, in the past when I have participated, and granted, it’s been a while, there have been many times when I am answering a question, while taking the time to type it, once I’ve submitted it, another poet has already answered it in the interim, having it appear as if I have skipped the last one. It happens all the time. It does. There’s no way to avoid it and who’s to say exactly why the last person “did that” or whether it was even noticed by the one submitting, if they zipped out of the thread to do something else, as I’ve also done? Lives are very busy for a lot of us and multi tasking is everywhere, as I’m sure many would agree.  

That all being said, personally and again respectively, I feel this “rule” of “answering the very last question above” should be tossed; there’d be more sought after community interaction all together and that’s what the thread, or any thread for that matter, is all about, isn’t it?

Layla said:
It's best to eliminate something that is not serving any purpose except confusion.  

Perhaps the only one rule which should be universally implemented, in addition to Layla’s suggestion, never stated in the original ongoing thread (or any thread to my knowledge) could be to always “quote” when replying; then there would be less confusion as to where the answer / reply came from all together. The why one chose it or how it got there - care not; make no assumptions / accusations and keep personal opinions out of it. All that does is create angst, yes? Not “everything” nor “everyone’s” behavior or motives are “obvious ” in the cyber world and believing so, is something else all together. There’s no true way to know any such things.

If the thread rolls smoothly, it rolls smoothly and if it gets a hiccup, it gets a hiccup - just as it always has in every single thread. It’s inevitably bound to, regardless, for each of the reasons we’ve all seen and know of personally, as described above. At least then, there’d perhaps be more participation and less confusion overall.

Just my thoughts and opinion.
✌🏻 and ✊🏻
- Taryn

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

"That all being said, personally and again respectively, I feel this “rule” of “answering the very last question above” should be tossed"

Absolutely disagree...if you do not care to follow this "rule" start your own thread...

I am 65...I know what the rules are , and why they were made so...

Those who do not , may start their own abhorrent thread...

Just sayin'...;)

poet Anonymous

Blackwolf said:"That all being said, personally and again respectively, I feel this “rule” of “answering the very last question above” should be tossed"

Absolutely disagree...if you do not care to follow this "rule" start your own thread...

Just sayin'...;)

“Abhorrent” seems to be a bit aggressive in my opinion, but perhaps your thought is one to very well be considered.

Maybe I’ll post a poll and see what the popular vote turns out to be should it not be clear within this thread.

Thank you for your thoughts.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Blackwolf said:"That all being said, personally and again respectively, I feel this “rule” of “answering the very last question above” should be tossed"

Just sayin'...;)

I'm sorry, it seems insane to me that someone ...a grown man can be hurt or otherwise put out because someone skipped or overlooked a question on a thread

the rule is ridiculous, stop being a snowflake and everything will seem much better

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Abhorrent was in my mind appropriate , though perhaps in yours , not...

I do appreciate your position , and understand as I am able to understand
those unknowing of earlier , more clear and clarifying traditions...

Frankly , if you do pursue other methods of validation of your ideals , or
ideas , I do not care , nor shall I participate...nor would you probably care
me to , as I would most likely , ( though not a given ) disagree with your premise...

I do however , wish you well , as you elucidate your premises well , and have
posited many what seem to be valid ( in my eyes ) principles well...

I do wish you the best in your verbal principles and posits...;)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14567

lepperochan said:

I'm sorry, it seems insane to me that someone ...a grown man can be hurt or otherwise put out because someone skipped or overlooked a question on a thread

the rule is ridiculous, stop being a snowflake and everything will seem much better

Then why did you create it?!

Ask the person below you a question *answer the one above*

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

See my answer to Taryn's post...

If you do not agree , good sir , then that is fine by me...

Have your own opinion , but it is no more valid than mine...

Best to you !

poet Anonymous

Blackwolf said:Abhorrent was in my mind appropriate , though perhaps in yours , not...

I do appreciate your position , and understand as I am able to understand
those unknowing of earlier , more clear and clarifying traditions...

Frankly , if you do pursue other methods of validation of your ideals , or
ideas , I do not care , nor shall I participate...nor would you probably care
me to , as I would most likely , ( though not a given ) disagree with your premise...

I do however , wish you well , as you elucidate your premises well , and have
posited many what seem to be valid ( in my eyes ) principles well...

I do wish you the best in your verbal principles and posits...;)

Thank you for the well wishes - we shall see how my position fares with others.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Honestly,

it became apparent that people were actually getting hurt/ annoyed so it became necessary.

I don't like it.  It seems silly. it seems especially silly to me that a 65 yearcold man finds it abhorrent.

I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong by expressing that

(Edit: I should add to Tallen that I don't think your voice is invalid ...it just surprised me a little )

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:Honestly,

it became apparent that people were actually getting hurt/ annoyed so it became necessary.

I don't like it.  It seems silly. it seems especially silly to me that a 65 yearcold man finds it abhorrent.

I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong by expressing that

Yes, Lep - exactly my point and why I’ve made the suggestion I have.

Unless there is a stopwatch created for the time in which one can reply or when they can reply, these inconsistencies will exist. It just happens and there’s really no way to avoid that part of it.

Feelings should not be hurt nor should people be annoyed if the circumstances which I’ve mentioned are considered, I feel all of them are valid, but that’s just me.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

I have always liked you , Lepperochan ;

Though I may say I have not always agreed with you , as now ,
in this moment of words posted...we see reality differently ,
which is , as those who know the old traditions , as well as
modern , quite fine...

The one thing , as we taught in the Faery Tradition , was
not ever to be rude , especially purposefully...so even
if I disagree with you , I shall not be rude...

Thank you for doing the difficult job you do , and thus
attempting to keep the peace...:)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Blackwolf said:I have always liked you , Lepperochan ;

Though I msay not have always agreed with you , as now ,
in this moment of words posted...we see reality differently ,
which is , as those who know the old traditions , as well as
modern , quite fine...

The one thing , as we taught in the Faery Tradition , was
not ever to be rude , especially purposefully...so even
if I disagree with you , I shall not be rude...

Thank you for doing the difficult job you do , and thus
attempting to keep the peace...:)

No worries, man. I may seem rude, it's just the way I talk. I come from the old(er) tradition of saing it like I see it unfiltered

I will of course enforce the rule to the best of my ability. and apologize if my words cut

have a good evening

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I contacted the ad company as soon as I noticed them so this should be resolved now. If you could report stuff like this via the Help section in future that would be great, because I don't always keep up to date with the forums!

Go to page:
Go to: