thanks for heads up, it'll be sorted  in no time

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Much appreciated...

Just makes it a "pain in the ass" getting to our note posts down bottom...;)

poet Anonymous

I never notice. 😎

#PaidMember #FeckOffAdverts

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Yeah...

wish I could afford to support site...

On disability ,  and am currently struggling to make ends meet

Just moved again , and have to bring students to me...

Soon...then I might have some peace

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14634

Those without the ability to pay are on the same scale as visitors and potential members, and what they see before deciding to join the site. Non members may not understand the dynamics of Ads Gone Wild, and decide there are just too many of them to deal with.  It's an important issue regardless.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Just for clarity sake:

DU is a free site and always will be. members who don't / can't pay are equal to or on the same scale as members who support (pay)

there is no class system here.

(again, the above is simply for clarity. not meant to offend )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Just for clarity sake:

DU is a free site and always will be. members who don't / can't pay are equal to or on the same scale as members who support (pay)

there is no class system here.

(again, the above is simply for clarity. not meant to offend )

That's what I was trying to say. But thank you for clarifying.   Non-paying members should be listened to because they see what visitors and potential members see.  Those who pay won't necessarily see an issue with a feature that is disabled because they pay.

poet Anonymous

RIP humour. You had a good run.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

That's what I was trying to say. But thank you for clarifying.   Non-paying members should be listened to because they see what visitors and potential members see.  Those who pay won't necessarily see an issue with a feature that is disabled because they pay.

On the bright side, it seems to only be affecting the mobile device version of DUP. Anyone with a desktop or laptop should be okay. At least my laptop was responding normal.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

JohnnyBlaze said:

...it seems to only be affecting the mobile device version of DUP.

No ‘bright side’ for those of us who use only mobile devices. Whenever this glitch rears up it’s like gamma rays bombarding my iPhone.  But since I can’t pay, I’m not complaining.  I’ve learned that rapid scrolling with a few strokes stabilizes things long enough for me to hop into a forum thread before ads go goofy again.

#JessSayin
🙋🏻‍♀️🤳🏻

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

On the bright side, it seems to only be affecting the mobile device version of DUP. Anyone with a desktop or laptop should be okay. At least my laptop was responding normal.

Yep! Just logged out on my desktop to check and you're right.  "LOL"!

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I use laptop and the neverending ads are showing up so is on my android phone.

Btw, if its too not too much trouble with the Webmiss can we get rid of the 'catchup' feature of login in after so many days and it takes us back to the page where we left off, lets say Q & A thread back to page 65 while its at 84 now, some end up answering something that was answered days ago, throwing off the whole sync.

It just seems pointless honestly, most don't even bother looking up two questions up to see what's going on much else to see that they're few pages behind.  Can we just keep it current?  To take us straight where the page is at or last post?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:I use laptop and the neverending ads are showing up so is on my android phone.

Btw, if its too not too much trouble with the Webmiss can we get rid of the 'catchup' feature of login in after so many days and it takes us back to the page where we left off, lets say Q & A thread back to page 65 while its at 84 now, some end up answering something that was answered days ago, throwing off the whole sync.

It just seems pointless honestly, most don't even bother looking up two questions up to see what's going on much else to see that they're few pages behind.  Can we just keep it current?  To take us straight where the page is at or last post?

That's odd. My desktop is fine but my android phone isn't when logged out.  

Damn good suggestion about the question thread.  While some people obviously ignore, others do not.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

@Ahavati, LOL, yeah.  At times it seems (IMO) very obvious and other times perhaps its overlooked but  It's best to eliminate something that is not serving any purpose except confusion.  

Go to page:
Go to: