Go to page:

Psychopathy Info. thread

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>When you are put in that situation, getting away from it is key to your own sanity. Maybe in time you'll understand more about your sister's behaviour. I can't speak to that but perhaps it was her only way of coping, thinking she was holding her family together by staying with him. Remember what master manipulators these people are: he is perfectly well able to convince her that your presence or support (even liking you) was a bad thing. They like to isolate their 'pet' till they grow too bored and move on or go in the opposite direction onto full-blown violence against them.

The psychopath isolates and reduces the world of the person whose attentions they've trapped. Generally, money is one of the biggest controls; cause family rifts, control all spending, make sure it's almost impossible for their interest to run. It's a war of attrition.

My eldest son, by my first husband, escaped from the situation when he was 18, moving out to live with his girlfriend and her mother at the time. I'm glad he did; I was still too controlled to appreciate how the pscho hated me having someone who cared for me and I them. Basically, my son was a threat to his utter control of the situation and so he worked to create arguments and disruption between us by out and out lies, and I was too weak to be able to see through it all whilst trying to keep all of my children safe and in as stable, non-confrontational environment as possible. I'm happy to say I did manage to stay in contact with my older son after a period of time and we worked things out.

I'm glad you got away, I'm glad it made you stronger. If you have concerns about any of the involved children, you can always report them and give your reasons why. I don't know if you can report them confidentially, but ask for assurance that your name won't get passed on to the psycho. With improved knowledge and training in this issue, I'd like to believe they'd be using that as standard practise anyway.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14656

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target.

Psychological Projection: Dealing With Undesirable Emotions

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. Have you ever disliked someone only to become convinced that the person had a vendetta against you? This is a common example of psychological projection. Luckily, there are methods you can use to identify why you are projecting your emotions and put a stop to this coping mechanism.

[ . . . ]

https://www.everydayhealth.com/emotional-health/psychological-projection-dealing-with-undesirable-emotions/

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

My ex suffered from great deal of paranoia thinking everyone  is in together to directly cause him harm/trouble.  Which was so far from the truth.
But most often people who suffer from that type of mental illness, learn to manipulate it to project that they're alway victimized..again that's the furthest from the truth.
Another well honed skilled they utilize is to be as loud as possible, as dramatic as possible to draw attention.
What's sad is that eventually that particular pattern of theirs becomes so highly noticeable that in the end they end up being their own worse enemy.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:My ex suffered from great deal of paranoia thinking everyone  is in together to directly cause him harm/trouble.  Which was so far from the truth.
But most often people who suffer from that type of mental illness, learn to manipulate it to project that they're alway victimized..again that's the furthest from the truth.
Another well honed skilled they utilize is to be as loud as possible, as dramatic as possible to draw attention.
What's sad is that eventually that particular pattern of theirs becomes so highly noticeable that in the end they end up being their own worse enemy.

:-)

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

I'm a nihilistic misanthrope...so I just think that all members of the "human species" are psychopaths...but I do believe that the most dangerous psychopaths are the one's that refuse to believe that they are psychopaths. The good news is...and this will be short lived unfortunately...because all us rich psychopaths have been unable to fly all around the world...because factories have been shut down in many countries due to, "gods" pandemic...kid he's not a psychopath lol...this beautiful planet Earth has had a little respite...has been able to heal herself from the destructive habits of us...the psychopaths...ah...how clean the air is at the moment.
Cheers...Harry...a card carrying psychopath.

A good laugh.

https://youtu.be/WfEqAolZFB0

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There is a tad of psychopath within us all, Harry.  Psychopathy is a spectrum, and everyone lands somewhere on it.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014

Ahavati said:There is a tad of psychopath within us all, Harry.  Psychopathy is a spectrum, and everyone lands somewhere on it.

Hell yeah A lol. Just added this to my rant...forgot. Very funny bit from Jimmy Kimmel Show.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:

Hell yeah A lol. Just added this to my rant...forgot. Very funny bit from Jimmy Kimmel Show.

LMAO!  Let them eat cake die!

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014

Ahavati said:

LMAO!  Let them eat cake die!

Hell yeah...love it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:

Hell yeah...love it.

That's the ULTIMATE narcissism, Harry—keeping the cake for us!

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014

Ahavati said:

That's the ULTIMATE narcissism, Harry—keeping the cake for us!

Two forks in these times A...yummy lol.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:

Two forks in these times A...yummy lol.

LOL! Indeed, my friend!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

In psychoanalytic theory, Narcissistic supply is a pathological or excessive need for attention or admiration from codependents, or such a need in the orally fixated, that does not take into account the feelings, opinions or preferences of other people.

[ . . . ]

The attention they receive from the "supply source" is essential to the narcissist's survival, without it they would die (physically or metaphorically) because it depends on their fragile ego to handle their unstable self-esteem. There are distinctive forms of narcissistic supply to attain them with two separate sources. Scholars and researchers generally recognise two main kinds of narcissistic supply: primary, acquired through more publicly directed forms of attention, and secondary, generally acquired through attention attained through interpersonal relationships.

[ . . . ]

The primary narcissistic supply is based on attention in both its public forms such as recognition, fame, infamy, stardom, and its private, more interpersonal, types of praise, admiration, applause, fear, and repulsion.

It is crucial to realise that the primary narcissistic supply represents attention of any kind–positive or negative.  Their "realisations" may be imaginary, fictional, or only evident to the narcissist, as long as others believe in them. Appearances qualify more than the content; it is not the truth that matters, but their perception of it. Therefore, as long as they receive the expected reaction or attention that they had projected through their false self, the connotation attached to it is inconsequential.

[ . . . ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_supply

Go to page:
Go to: