Go to page:

A thread for your thoughts

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Ahavati said:Here's a very simple thought—in the Classic Corner we ask the membership who THEY want featured each month, thus involving them in decisions regarding the direction of the comps. This removes Johnny and me from a dictatorship-like role by deciding who they WILL write about vs allowing them to choose themselves.

Who does the membership want to get to know? It could be a gas for members to see themselves requested to be featured because people want to get to know them.  It would be akin to being nominated for site comps such as Poem/Spoken Word/New Member of the Month.

Just a thought.

Hullo and thank you

This is something which has come up in our brainstorm sessions. while I don't see myself or my colleagues as dictators, I am vehemently against basing  possible interviews on how popular the person is

That said, both yourself and Layla are certainly right about  the possibility members would appreciate the airtime name drop, and why not, it is the official DU podcast

to that end, we will be freeing up a slot in order to facilitate a new exciting program which we will unveil once we've crossed the I's and dotted the T's. there may well be a part nominations can play

thanks for your thoughts, lady

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

lepperochan said:

Hullo and thank you

This is something which has come up in our brainstorm sessions. while I don't see myself or my colleagues as dictators, I am vehemently against basing  possible interviews on how popular the person is

That said, both yourself and Layla are certainly right about  the possibility members would appreciate the airtime name drop, and why not, it is the official DU podcast

to that end, we will be freeing up a slot in order to facilitate a new exciting program which we will unveil once we've crossed the I's and dotted the T's. there may well be a part nominations can play

thanks for your thoughts, lady

You're very welcome.  I appreciate the response and apologize if my suggestion was misinterpreted to imply you were a dictator. It was not meant toward you guys at all; but,  Johnny and myself ( thusly mentioned ) in the context that we would be dictating the classic poets without DU members having the option to select.  

It didn't feel right ( to us ) that we hold a site comp without membership or participant control.  Conversely, we're working on a voting strategy which would allow each participant ( only ) a vote to determine the monthly winners. Afterall, we're merely two hosts that don't speak for the membership or comp participants of DU as a whole.

Sounds to me like you guys are on the same track.

poet Anonymous

An announcement!

We’ve been beavering away on a new segment to keep the podcast in line with some offered suggestions. To keep you up to date this will be the new segment released from March.

As always your thoughts and feedback are welcome:

- The new segment will be a chat panel  called “Strong Language” and cover both DU & famous poets. It will replace one of the current interview slots with Missy & Eamonn now doing alternate poet interviews over the coming months.

- A theme is set each month ie/ love, death, fear, abstract etc.

- The chat panel will be invited to share one poem each either famous or on DU if we can (DU poems will not be mentioned without permission) that fits this brief.

- The chat panel will discuss the topic which will be hosted by a different pod team member each month to ensure variety & structure.

- Guests / volunteers will be invited on the show as and when if they would like to share a poem and join in the discussion.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

excellent Idea  will really look forward to that :-)))))))))))))))))

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

Miss_Sub said:

... so yeah... having an [informal] chat about poem categories and topics...

Excellent way to bring this idea life thank you for making sense of it Much Love Valeriya

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Always love to hear the poems that make people tick 😊

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

here is another possible Idea - What about as segment called  "Poets Read Poets" where a poet reads or perform another DU poet's poem and says why they like it this could be live or recorded :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rick,...........

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:here is another possible Idea - What about as segment called  "Poets Read Poets" where a poet reads or perform another DU poet's poem and says why they like it this could be live or recorded :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rick,...........

This existed at one time called the “let’s recite each other” thread which can be found in the forum archives and was later adopted by me (and current exists) in Loud Speaker Poetry. Mainly because I loved that thread.

It unfortunately gets very little response. So to do a regular feature of this may be a bit.. how can I put it... “pulling teeth”.

We do however (and always have) encouraged people to submit readings of their poems (and other people’s with permission) and the softly-softly approach does get a few in which is good.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Miss_Sub said:

This existed at one time called the “let’s recite each other” thread which can be found in the forum archives and was later adopted by me (and current exists) in Loud Speaker Poetry. Mainly because I loved that thread.

It unfortunately gets very little response. So to do a regular feature of this may be a bit.. how can I put it... “pulling teeth”.

We do however (and always have) encouraged people to submit readings of their poems (and other people’s with permission) and the softly-softly approach does get a few in which is good.

I think maybe ask poets to send in a reading of another poets poem, broadcast them when they come. if we've none one month broadcast something else if it gains traction make it a regular feature

theres serious talent in here, we could maybe cover art too if theres a way to have art pop up on the YouTube at the right time

[something like that  ...needs more thought]

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

ThePoetcastProject said:An announcement!

We’ve been beavering away on a new segment to keep the podcast in line with some offered suggestions. To keep you up to date this will be the new segment released from March.

As always your thoughts and feedback are welcome:

- The new segment will be a chat panel  called “Strong Language” and cover both DU & famous poets. It will replace one of the current interview slots with Missy & Eamonn now doing alternate poet interviews over the coming months.

- A theme is set each month ie/ love, death, fear, abstract etc.

- The chat panel will be invited to share one poem each either famous or on DU if we can (DU poems will not be mentioned without permission) that fits this brief.

- The chat panel will discuss the topic which will be hosted by a different pod team member each month to ensure variety & structure.

- Guests / volunteers will be invited on the show as and when if they would like to share a poem and join in the discussion.

I'm getting never mind the buzzcocks or QI vibes, but for poetry
Can we have some participants who specifically try and derail conversations and make jokes?

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:

I think maybe ask poets to send in a reading of another poets poem, broadcast them when they come. if we've none one month broadcast something else if it gains traction make it a regular feature

theres serious talent in here, we could maybe cover art too if theres a way to have art pop up on the YouTube at the right time

[something like that  ...needs more thought]

Oh of course. Not ruling it out, would just need more thought to fine tune it

DystopianMelody said:
I'm getting never mind the buzzcocks or QI vibes, but for poetry
Can we have some participants who specifically try and derail conversations and make jokes?

We encourage it

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Missy sayeth:

"Oh of course. Not ruling it out, would just need more thought to fine tune it"

I think I've had all the thoughts I'm gonna have for a bit. it's the weekend. but I encourage any one who can think ..to think 🤗

poet Anonymous

If our country doesn’t blow up in the next two weeks, we’ll start thinking thoughts past “shit... if we get coronavirus we suddenly can’t afford hospitals”

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: