A thread for your thoughts

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Hullo and welcome to your thread

The Poetcast project is 9 months old. we've had a ball putting it together. and we thank every member who has come on or otherwise contributed, supported

t's been highly educational listening to you all and hearing Daniel spotlight your poems

we are an ameture outfit with huge passion as is evident  in content. our goal is to feature as many members as possible. we believe every member is unique  and has something to give, share to  what is turning out to be a pretty wide audience

The Poetcast project belongs to everyone. we value everyone's input

on that note, this thread is for your ideas. if you have one, lay it down, we'll try implement it

we're also looking for members to take part in Risky quizness. if you'd like to, jot your name down thusly:

Eamonn@ risky quizness

( that would include you, Webmiss)

Good people, you are the life blood which pumps the heart of us. your contributions and support is invaluable

please use this thread as a place for your ideas, suggestions and critique

cheers most much

*hat tip*

poet Anonymous

A most welcome thread indeed. 🙏🏻

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

lepperochan said:Hullo and welcome to your thread

The Poetcast project is 9 months old. we've had a ball putting it together. and we thank every member who has come on or otherwise contributed, supported

t's been highly educational listening to you all and hearing Daniel spotlight your poems

we are an ameture outfit with huge passion as is evident  in content. our goal is to feature as many members as possible. we believe every member is unique  and has something to give, share to  what is turning out to be a pretty wide audience

The Poetcast project belongs to everyone. we value everyone's input

on that note, this thread is for your ideas. if you have one, lay it down, we'll try implement it

we're also looking for members to take part in Risky quizness. if you'd like to, jot your name down thusly:

Eamonn@ risky quizness

( that would include you, Webmiss)

Good people, you are the life blood which pumps the heart of us. your contributions and support is invaluable

please use this thread as a place for your ideas, suggestions and critique

cheers most much

*hat tip*

Theme based episode (no haiku please) just kidding but really not
Dark, or humorous, veterans or newbies

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I don't normally comment for the podcast but i do listen and I think all three of you (and all the guests featured) have been doing such a terrific job and i can see the amount of hard work, dedication and research it takes to bring it all together on monthly basis.  
If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion:
Few months ago I was browsing and reading few pages from Muggle profile which seems like a newsletter of some sorts of the community.
It would be cool to have like a 5 or 10 min segment  (or a lightneing round) of current events of the community.  There's always something going on here, whether in threads or members' profiles.
Sometimes there's a poem posted that draws so much attention, controversy, or a long lost member returns after a hiatus, there's always some kind of a poll and discussion and the new trend of favoring comps with shorter poems rather than long.  And ofcourse the ever changing profile pix while some stuck for good.
I think people would feel much more part of the segment, even though they know they're not directly involved in being featured, yet they are mentioned somehow, will make them much more interested in tuning in knowing they've contributed somehow in the community.
Just my humble opinion, but you don't need to add this to know that the podcast is well received and is a success.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Well I was just thinking how many musicians and recording artists are here. Most, if not all, are potential-laden embryos of their future glory. And music is a long standing form of poetry long honored here. What about a band project? We could do everything at a distance!

Underground Machines

poet Anonymous

@Layla - the “news desk” idea is one we have had floating about our minds for a while. One of the problems that there was with Muggle, is that because once you start mentioning names and doing a little light prodding is that that’s when people start getting offended. So it’s trying to find that balance with something like that.

But hats off to Muggle, if it wasn’t for that model the podcast probably wouldn’t exist. Muggle paved the way 👌🏻

We’ll continue to think about this to see how we can make it work.

@ediblewords - music is already featured on the podcast.

@Valeriya - theme based, how? You mean covering a poetry topic and having a chat about it? Just wanted to clarify.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

Miss_Sub said:@Layla - the “news desk” idea is one we have had floating about our minds for a while. One of the problems that there was with Muggle, is that because once you start mentioning names and doing a little light prodding is that that’s when people start getting offended. So it’s trying to find that balance with something like that.

But hats off to Muggle, if it wasn’t for that model the podcast probably wouldn’t exist. Muggle paved the way 👌🏻

We’ll continue to think about this to see how we can make it work.

@ediblewords - music is already featured on the podcast.

@Valeriya - theme based, how? You mean covering a poetry topic and having a chat about it? Just wanted to clarify.

No that's too academic I was thinking of a spot-on humorous poetry  another broadcast on horror or dark dark poetry . The issue with it would be not alot of categories

poet Anonymous

Valeriya said:

No that's too academic I was thinking of a spot-on humorous poetry  another broadcast on horror or dark dark poetry . The issue with it would be not alot of categories

... so yeah... having an [informal] chat about poem categories and topics...

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

Miss_Sub said:

... so yeah... having an [informal] chat about poem categories and topics...

Yeah I guess we are talking about the same thing thanks for clearing up my randomness 👏

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Thnx for entertaining me kinda fuzzy focus.
And ignorance!

I totally have to listen.... ive really limited my entertainment selection by leaning so heavily on Alexa. We even tried to call up a local band over our echo device before realizing how bad we've gotten. boo hoo... of course they weren't there!!

poet Anonymous

EdibleWords said:Thnx for entertaining me kinda fuzzy focus.
And ignorance!

I totally have to listen.... ive really limited my entertainment selection by leaning so heavily on Alexa. We even tried to call up a local band over our echo device before realizing how bad we've gotten. boo hoo... of course they weren't there!!

I would suggest listening. 👌🏻

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14588

Here's a very simple thought—in the Classic Corner we ask the membership who THEY want featured each month, thus involving them in decisions regarding the direction of the comps. This removes Johnny and me from a dictatorship-like role by deciding who they WILL write about vs allowing them to choose themselves.

Who does the membership want to get to know? It could be a gas for members to see themselves requested to be featured because people want to get to know them.  It would be akin to being nominated for site comps such as Poem/Spoken Word/New Member of the Month.

Just a thought.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Miss_Sub said:

I would suggest listening. 👌🏻

Wise... but it would be incrEdible if you got linked with Alexa... keep up wit' the... Jones.

poet Anonymous

EdibleWords said:

Wise... but it would be incrEdible if you got linked with Alexa... keep up wit' the... Jones.

Noted.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Miss_Sub said:

Noted.

🙏

Go to page:
Go to: