Go to page:

Fascination true crime

SimpleTon
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 22

I am interested in watching true crime documentaries  especially Serial killers and Cults.  I am not and never plan to be a killer and I do not condone violence. It is a source of inspiration for me
Which crime and/ or criminal fascinates you the most?

poet Anonymous

Hey 👋 me too!

I’m in the same boat — I obviously have no wish to harm or injure anybody, but there’s something about it that’s just intriguing.

I think my favourite from recent memory would be Steve Wright. “The Suffolk Strangler”. I think it was because all of the victims that died were found in such strange ways or had little stories connected to them, most interestingly, the cruciform positioning.

I suppose my other favourite would be Aileen Wuornos, who is somebody I have put a lot of study time into. She captures me because she is the saddest case I’ve ever encountered in human terms. The woman is clearly insane. I genuinely believed the state killed a crazy woman, especially with all the book deals and financial sidelines that people were making out of her misery.

Cult documentaries — well
Anything with Scientology in I just binge watch, because they’re clearly in it for the dollahhh... but some of the stories that come out of that of the victims are just harrowing. I can’t believe they still exist. David Miscaviage has a lot to answer for.

The Westboro Baptist church I also find is another religion hiding itself in cult status. Clearly their actions are disgusting, but it’s hard to turn away as an observer.

The Satanic Panic era also. Don’t know if you ever saw the film “Devil’s Knot” about teenagers who were convicted of ritually killing a young boy in the 80’s, but that was kinda interesting. Anything with “satanic ritual” labelled on it I’m probably gonna watch, just because it gets blown way out of proportion.

Don’t even get me started on the watching hours I’ve put into Aleister Crowley.

Ah, Netflix. 👌🏻

SimpleTon
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Aug 2017

Thanks for the comment.
The Suffolk Strangler is a really interesting case. It amazes me that he had relationship with a live in girlfreind. He was only caught as fingerprints taken for a theft. I wonder how long it could have continued without that...
I agree totally with Wurnos she was failed by the state from birth to the moment they executed her. The abuse from childhood should have been considered.Life imprisonment would have been a more suitable punishment. We would all be mentally ill after her life.

Scientology is also something I watch and read about.
I will look into WestBoro baptist Church and Devils Knot. Appreciate the recommendations

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I'll tune in if its like a cold case scenario where psychics are called in.

Otherwise, the only thing I was interested in being killed was boredom back in the day before Netflix arrived. It was plan B when favorites went on hiatus or were canceled.

SimpleTon
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Aug 2017

Cool I like those as well depending on the psychic of course.
A British medium Colin Fry who sadly died young  helped solve a cold case.  Hearing about it in the news got me interested in shows  like psychic detectives.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 889

I am fascinated with the things human beings do to other human beings; I always have been.  I’ll watch any and all of them.  I’ve seen every episode of Forensic Files, but mostly I just use it to fall asleep because that guy’s voice is so soothing for some reason lol.  

SimpleTon
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Aug 2017

Ha ha I am the same. Good show also I speak for the dead
However despite the fact I watch so many of the shows, can see crime scene photos and hear details  but anything on a autopsy or operating theatre I feel faint. Weird

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2294

LunaGreyhawk said:I am fascinated with the things human beings do to other human beings; I always have been.  I’ll watch any and all of them.  I’ve seen every episode of Forensic Files, but mostly I just use it to fall asleep because that guy’s voice is so soothing for some reason lol.  

Have You read this book
and the torture described?

I saw the film but so long ago i can't remember if as gruesome as the book.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

Just finished watching The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. It was fascinating to see the psychology behind the characters, and what potentially led to their behaviour.  

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Tallen said:

Have You read this book
and the torture described?

I saw the film but so long ago i can't remember if as gruesome as the book.

I haven’t read the book, but the movie was a bit hard to watch.  I think I need to read it, though.  It was a really amazing story!

SimpleTon
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Aug 2017

I agree that Versace  was a brilliant show.  Really high quality
Never seen Shogun but will check it out

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Ahavati said:Just finished watching The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. It was fascinating to see the psychology behind the characters, and what potentially led to their behaviour.  

This was a great one!  

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Unbelievable  (it's so good!!)
Making a Murderer
Ted bundy tapes

All these 3 shows are on Netflix right now based on true stories.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: