Go to page:

How many poems did you submit in 2019?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

How many poems did you submit in 2019?

And were you more or less productive than in years past ?

And and to what do you attribute the increase or decline?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

I have no idea how many I created in 2018, much less this year! How do you even figure that out? If I can I'll answer your last two questions! LOL!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I have no idea how many I created in 2018, much less this year! How do you even figure that out? If I can I'll answer your last two questions! LOL!

Go backwards in your poems until you hit the previous year. There's 12 poems per page. That's the only way I am aware of!

Ohhh! Don't forget to count your NaPo entry as 30!

And remember those other accounts you have ....!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Okay, including all accounts, NaPo, posts in the pond and elsewhere unpublished, roughly 200 last year.  I don't think I was less productive this year ( except on certain accounts ( particularly Starling ) where I took a break because certain members were constantly attributing the poems to be about themselves - #peace and all that jive ); nor was I more productive. I feel I've remained on a steady and even keel of creation for years now.  It's naturally innate and seems to just happen without effort.  I never force the poem; I always wait. Sometimes they come subsequently in days; other times once a week.

It is what it is: Poetry.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Okay, including all accounts, NaPo, posts in the pond and elsewhere unpublished, roughly 200 last year.  I don't think I was less productive this year ( except on certain accounts ( particularly Starling ) where I took a break because certain members were constantly attributing the poems to be about themselves - #peace and all that jive ); nor was I more productive. I feel I've remained on a steady and even keel of creation for years now.  It's naturally innate and seems to just happen without effort.  I never force the poem; I always wait. Sometimes they come subsequently in days; other times once a week.

It is what it is: Poetry.  

Awesome!  

Yes, it is. 📝❤

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Not a shabby start at all. I recall starting out my first year ( 2003? ) with about a dozen total, as I had not a clue as to what I was doing or even if I wanted to continue. I was just using poetry as an exercise to hone my prose writing skills.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Amazing, Sky! May your 2020 be Blessed and Prosperous in all things!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Echoing Ahavati, that's quite an accomplishment! I'm sure there is plenty more goodness in there you are overlooking.

Happy 2020 back at you, Sky!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Strictly JohnnyBlaze .....

2019 --- 151 + about a dozen not submitted to DUP yet

2018 --- 117

2017 --- 132

2016 --- 18

2015 --- 24

I excluded a bunch of poems I wrote prior to 2014, which is why these numbers don't add up to my current 499.

The major leap after 2016 is simply due to being able to devote more time to writing, bettering my writing skills through actively critiquing and participating in more challenges such as NaPoWriMo - all with the benefit of Ahavati's encouragement and critiques of her own.

I would attribute the increase in 2019 to a healthy handful of minimalistic writings ( didn't require as much time and focus ). Also, being more focused in saying what I wanted to say as opposed to experimentation or flying blind. And there is more writing not factored in, such as the daily updates for NaPo 2019.

So, I would say I've increased my production based on these numbers, but ..... I still have 4 more accounts to tabulate. Those numbers might prove me wrong  LOL.

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1874

Must be 400 at least which this year caught the bug for writing again. Not saying im good but there have been a few poems on autism in really proud of

All the best for 2020 from the land of Rabnie Burns

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 594

56 since I returned last September. Probably less productive, which I'll attribute to the lack of a muse.

I'd hesitate to call myself a poet though. A scribbler is closer to the mark.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Three poems in 2019 and five in 2018... I guess it comes down to quality and not quantity, and no time to wank.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

case28 said:Three poems in 2019 and five in 2018... I guess it comes down to quality and not quantity, and no time to wank.

Unless you are referring to yourself personally, that's not necessarily true. There are excellent poets who are consistent in offerings, and there are those who aren't.  Take Mary Oliver, for example, who published 400+ poems ( Devotions, 2017 ) just one year after publishing a 178 page of Selected Essays ( Upstream:, 2016), just one year after publishing 80+ ( Felicity, 2015) poems, and so on, and so. . . seriously - she was a machine gun poet!

Every one of them receiving over a four-plus star out of five rating. Poetry is in the blood or it's a pastime.

So, yeah; not necessarily.  

In your case ( no pun intended ) I know your country has had a very difficult time this year.  Two years or so ago the Carolina Mountains almost burned completely across the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It was a nightmare so I do hope it's improving there, and you receive rain and relief.

Go to page:
Go to: