Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

AverageJoe said:Here, probably Table Rock...but I'd love to hike in Yosemite or the Grand Tetons  again.

Describe your day in five words or less

It was a great Monday.

Table Rock is awesome.  Been to Yosemite but not the Tetons.

Do you have many Indian Summers where you live?

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 602

Lol, I'm only a stones throw from you, so he's we do in S. C.

Which writer most "gets you" with their way with words?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AverageJoe said:Lol, I'm only a stones throw from you, so he's we do in S. C.

Which writer most "gets you" with their way with words?

Do you mean here on DU or any writer?  There are so many poets I relate to it would be impossible to list just one. That would be like choosing a star from the heavens.  As far as novelist, it would be Portuguese author José Saramago and  Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez hands down.

What is your favorite kind of reading?

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

Do you mean here on DU or any writer?  There are so many poets I relate to it would be impossible to list just one. That would be like choosing a star from the heavens.  As far as novelist, it would be Portuguese author José Saramago and  Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez hands down.

What is your favorite kind of reading?

I don't read much anymore...kahlil Gibran, mysticism...

Favorite screen adaptation of a book?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Shawshank redemption was a pretty good adaptation. probably one of the shortest books I've read

would a joke like "I know an Australian lady, she's really hot"  be too soon (although factually correct on a few levels)

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019

lepperochan said:Shawshank redemption was a pretty good adaptation. probably one of the shortest books I've read

would a joke like "I know an Australian lady, she's really hot"  be too soon (although factually correct on a few levels)

I'm not Woke enough to be offended by it, although I'm sure there are some who would be willing to stone you for it. I say, go for it!

What's the worst reaction you've had to telling a joke?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I'm not good at telling jokes, I never do because honestly i don't remember any.

Have you ever been accused of lying but you never did in that particular situation.  How did you deal with it?

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Layla said:I'm not good at telling jokes, I never do because honestly i don't remember any.

Have you ever been accused of lying but you never did in that particular situation.  How did you deal with it?

"You wanna believe a lie? OK then, your problem, not mine" and drop the mic.

How often do you read a paper news paper?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I'm embarrassed to say the last time I read a newspaper was 3yrs ago (that's sooo sad!!)  
Unfortunately, like most things i tend to read the news online.

Have you checked lately how much magazines cost at newsstands?
I was traveling recently and at the airport I wanted to get a magazine, one of those celebrity mags like 'People' and i was shocked at the price!!!  Most are at 6 dollar mark or above! what da....!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:I'm embarrassed to say the last time I read a newspaper was 3yrs ago (that's sooo sad!!)  
Unfortunately, like most things i tend to read the news online.

Have you checked lately how much magazines cost at newsstands?
I was traveling recently and at the airport I wanted to get a magazine, one of those celebrity mags like 'People' and i was shocked at the price!!!  Most are at 6 dollar mark or above! what da....!

I am assuming "what da. . . !" is the next question!

My former business partner's wife is a newspaper publisher, and it's really a sinking ship—a slowly sinking ship.  She's had to relocate from TX to NC to FL and is now in MI in just 7 years.  The papers have flipped from being news laced with ads to being ads laced with news to attempt to keep them afloat. I am unsure it will work. Mags are faring a bit better, but they're in trouble too with online subscriptions.

What are your favorite magazines?

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1173

Ahavati said:

I am assuming "what da. . . !" is the next question!

My former business partner's wife is a newspaper publisher, and it's really a sinking ship—a slowly sinking ship.  She's had to relocate from TX to NC to FL and is now in MI in just 7 years.  The papers have flipped from being news laced with ads to being ads laced with news to attempt to keep them afloat. I am unsure it will work. Mags are faring a bit better, but they're in trouble too with online subscriptions.

What are your favorite magazines?

Geez magazine   https://geezmagazine.org/about/

The Walrus    
https://thewalrus.ca/about/

Same question?

poet Anonymous

Spirit & destiny, Touchstone, Pagan Dawn.

What magazine would you like to be published in?

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Not sure?  There are magazines for my community, but for some reason, all they care to print is poetry that rhymes perfectly and is very tepid. I wouldn't mind shaking things up, but it would sooner see the inside of a circular file than the actual magazine.

Same question?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1173

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Usually not until after the fact.....

What's the best way to enjoy a snow storm?

Go to page:
Go to: