Go to page:

Uploading your portfolio to DUP

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

It's great to read so many poets lately that are on fire in terms of being inspired. When NaPoWriMo 2020 registration kicks off March 1st, we ( Ahavati and I and Team NaPo ) look forward to your participation. The challenge will be a breeze for those of you accustomed to writing daily!

However, if you are looking for feedback on your submissions that is helpful in improving your writing, it is advisable that you pace yourselves. Posting a poem or two a day or in some cases, two poems every 8 hours, is a recipe for those poems going unread.

Believe me, I post a lot under 5 accounts here and a lot of it goes uncommented on, but that's because I personally don't mind it slipping through unnoticed - I don't expect anyone to keep up with everything I submit. Certain accounts attract particular readers and that's fine with me.

I know from experience that being a new member with a portfolio burning a hole in your desk drawer is exciting. Or you may simply be eager to get it all posted as soon as possible because it is a chore, yet it is comforting to know you have digital copies all warehoused and organized online in the event of an emergency.

Just keep in mind the idea of pouring water into a bottle using a funnel - pour too much too fast and the water will back up and spill out over the sides, ending up being unconsumed.


AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 664

JohnnyBlaze said:It's great to read so many poets lately that are on fire in terms of being inspired. When NaPoWriMo 2020 registration kicks off March 1st, we ( Ahavati and I and Team NaPo ) look forward to your participation. The challenge will be a breeze for those of you accustomed to writing daily!

However, if you are looking for feedback on your submissions that is helpful in improving your writing, it is advisable that you pace yourselves. Posting a poem or two a day or in some cases, two poems every 8 hours, is a recipe for those poems going unread.

Believe me, I post a lot under 5 accounts here and a lot of it goes uncommented on, but that's because I personally don't mind it slipping through unnoticed - I don't expect anyone to keep up with everything I submit. Certain accounts attract particular readers and that's fine with me.

I know from experience that being a new member with a portfolio burning a hole in your desk drawer is exciting. Or you may simply be eager to get it all posted as soon as possible because it is a chore, yet it is comforting to know you have digital copies all warehoused and organized online in the event of an emergency.

Just keep in mind the idea of pouring water into a bottle using. a funnel - pour too much too fast and the water will back up and spill out over the sides, ending up being unconsumed.



Iím only posting so much as Iím inspired mood actually could be posting more unpublished stuff which I have over a 1000 pieces but all Iíve posted lately has been new written on the day. Could have bombarded but Iíve kinda resisted that

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

AspergerPoet56 said:

Iím only posting so much as Iím inspired mood actually could be posting more unpublished stuff which I have over a 1000 pieces but all Iíve posted lately has been new written on the day. Could have bombarded but Iíve kinda resisted that


That's a good plan, as our older writings tend to need the most work.

nikkimoe
nikkimoe
Dangerous Mind
United States
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 228

If DU ever goes down I'm screwed.
I write here. No hard copies.

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
100awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8492

nikkimoe said:If DU ever goes down I'm screwed.
I write here. No hard copies.


I use Evernote. Itís really good because itís free, and you can organise your work into folders and collections, as well as tag your poems so you can search by tag etc. Very handy.

nikkimoe
nikkimoe
Dangerous Mind
United States
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 228

Miss_Sub said:

I use Evernote. Itís really good because itís free, and you can organise your work into folders and collections, as well as tag your poems so you can search by tag etc. Very handy.



I will check it out. Thank you.
should probably save some of my shit.


Edit- I just installed it on my phone. Thanks again.


JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

nikkimoe said:If DU ever goes down I'm screwed.
I write here. No hard copies.


There are also software programs called Archivers that can allow you to save hundreds of website pages within in minutes. I have a thread about that somewhere in the Speakeasy.

EDIT

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/9015/

There it is.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 4085

JohnnyBlaze said:
[. . . ]
Just keep in mind the idea of pouring water into a bottle using a funnel - pour too much too fast and the water will back up and spill out over the sides, ending up being unconsumed.



I'm enjoying the influx of new blood as well! It's a nice infusion into DU!

I couldn't agree more with the above quoted comment.


Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
100awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8492

nikkimoe said:


I will check it out. Thank you.
should probably save some of my shit.


Edit- I just installed it on my phone. Thanks again.



Youíre very welcome. I forgot to mention it has its own free app as well! 🤩

inechoingsilence
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 275

I complete forgot about Evernote! I tend to write other longhand or in Google docs. Thanks for this thread!

badmalthus
badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 117

Poetry? What poetry?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

badmalthus said:Poetry? What poetry?

Thread? What thread?

badmalthus
badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 117

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thread? What thread?


You gotta go one better don't you Johnny.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

badmalthus said:

You gotta go one better don't you Johnny.


Harry, you know one of my missions in life is to make you smile and laugh!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1644

So it only took me about 10 FREAKING HOURS, but I managed to mostly organize my 500 poems into categories utilizing title modifications.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poem-list/JohnnyBlaze/



Go to page:
Go to: