Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

No Topic -- how was your day? <3

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

glad your luna-kitty is doing better :)

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

did my animal chores this morning--the snow that fell yesterday mostly didn't settle at all since the ground was so wet, but it made me smile to see the white crusts on some fallen leaves, on the porch fencing, and the almost-an-inch accumulated on H's car, at least proving we DID actually have SOME snow.

spent the day mostly doing not a lot, just tinkering with the fire now and again, watching tv crap, wrapping a few presents, and got busy making the shell of the throw cushion i'm gifting the m-i-l's bestie: lilac towelling shell, one side covered with a pink, white and lilac striped soft and fluffy knitted piece. shell's made, gonna attach the knit tomorrow, stuff and finish closing it up. at 15" square and made with the materials i did it can go straight into a washing machine, no need for zips.

put chickens to bed, fed the dawg and outdoor moglets, cooked supper... a 'cheat' dinner of shrimp stirfry, now coffee and feeling very very sleepy, like a dormouse.

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Today was day 3 of what is shaping up to be a physically and emotionally stressful week.

There was a shooting hate-crime in a town not too far from mine that left two Orthodox Jews and two or four others dead as well (reports are differing for some reason?) and as the bodies of the victims were being taken away, there were community members basically saying that it was the fault of the Jewish community for living there and that is the reason for the shooting, and that the Jews in that area need to leave.  

I am physically and emotionally hurting at the moment, but as long as there is life, there is hope.

Wh1skeySwagger
Swagger
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 10th Dec 2019
Forum Posts: 940

Today was a busy one for not having work, still tryin to get myself on a day shift schedule, not as easy as it sounds, so also did this on not much sleep. I have however just woke up from an awesome nap a lil while ago and drafted my I believe fifth piece, and am now reading it over and pondering it. I also continue to enjoy spending some time displaying my art, photos, and edits in @Umm 's Group DU Gallery. I am coming to a realization that this place is a melting pot of creativity and thus far seems to embrace something i find extremely important not just for creativity, but in life, that is Positive People Treating People Positively. It is amazing to me the power just a little positivity can have on a person both mentally and creatively. I have been other places where there is this group of people over here and this clique hanging out over there, and I am not saying that does not exist here as I am too new to make that call, but it is wonderful to see what i believe to be so many different people with so many different views and ideas working and posting together in harmony with what seems to be little or no ill judgement.

Thank you for making me feel welcome
and to everybody I have interacted with to date
I am looking forward to continuing this new step in my journey with all of you

-Swagger

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Bunch of words unheard praying , not saying mundane insane in the brain kin laying it down to the ground what is found around
while maintaining information
relations , sensation over ride...

By what law do you abide ?

*That was my day*

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

This is my brain on senryu II

I have a fever  
as yet unbroken for days  
as it ruminates  

I hear Baudelaire  
in my earbuds as I write  
something about death  

it keeps me centered—  
death does, not writing of it,  
and bottled water  

and did I mention  
I haven’t had solid food  
for over ten days  

reaching a Zen state  
not yet near to Nirvana  
but that’s only me  

I am voracious  
I’m dying for a burger  
but I don’t eat meat  

I could eat a yak  
really? no I don’t think so  
but a pastry yes  

I’m always sleepy  
without eating for so long  
but I’m sick you see
Written by Jade-Pandora (jade tiger)
Go To Page  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Feel better soon, Jade! I worry for you. ❤️

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Was coloring w/ my boys.

This one is 5 yo

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

And my 7 yo "ninja jelly fish"

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16073

Christmas is just around the corner. I wish I am up to the celebration. I remember days when preparing for it was hectic but fun. I wish I can recapture those days. How about You?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Grace said:Christmas is just around the corner. I wish I am up to the celebration. I remember days when preparing for it was hectic but fun. I wish I can recapture those days. How about You?

I keep going around with my heart aching. It's making it a weird season. Growing pains. Sometimes xmas is just a dark season.

I have faith in another way. I hope the lights sparkle in your neighborhood.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16073

You and me both EdibleWords...really.

blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 241

Brilliant day. Got some writing done on my third novel. Went to the BBC Radio 3 studios for a free concert. Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto played by a brilliant 24-year-old very talented and attractive young lady called Elizabeth Brauss. This was followed by William Arnold's Christmas overture. Afterwards, We ate lamb kebabs and watched our fav cooking prog on TV. Did some reading and a bit more writing and went to bed deeply satisfied. oh, the simple joys of retirement.

blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 241

I see you've met my sister!

Go to page:
Go to: